Quote Originally Posted by darxide View Post
    I'm sorry that I don't check these forums every day like you do. I might come here once ever week or two. Sorry to disappoint. You'll just have to wait until next month for me to berate you again.
    m'edgelord

you might want to bookmark this post.

Blizzard is unlikely to create legacy servers.

what they are going to do, in my opinion:

rework the broken leveling experience. They acknowledged it is broken.
    they will work on putting the new leveling tech in all zones. ie, mobs stay at your level.
    they will review rewards from quests and instances whislt leveling.
    they will buff mobs when and where needed by zone.
    they will create pristine servers where migration does not work, items linked to account cannot be used.
    they will add achievement for creating a character in a pristine server and leveling it to max level.
    they are going to block migration, lfr, lfd, shared zones for these servers.

thats about it.

You might feel the need to keep this thread alive, but in my opinion blizzard has already set a plan in motion and it does not include legacy vanilla servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    No, they didn't.

I'd go by the Developers last Discussion Webcast.

About 30 mins in, Ion mentioned that he was a fan of Vanilla, but matters regarding Legacy were out of his scope, since he is a developer, not a decision maker. He referred to the latest official blue post as the current stance (although that could be modified after the upcoming Nostalrius-Blizzard conference, but still undecided pending the conference). The conference was mentioned in the Blue post. I would have referred to that blue post too if I wanted to keep my job and not go off-the-record while live streaming

So Legacy is not really ruled out. There was not a "no". Wishy washy might be a valid claim, as well as passing the buck, but not a "no".

The Dev's then went on about Pristine, but that sounds really drab in comparison, sorry devs, it's lame

EDIT:
    webcast: https://www.twitch.tv/warcraft
    (To any interested)
    Brack's post was a no and there is no indication that they have changed their minds. The meetings might steer the direction Pristine realms follow but there is nothing, that I have seen, that would imply Blizzard are going to change their mind about legacy servers.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    you might want to bookmark this post.

Blizzard is unlikely to create legacy servers.

what they are going to do, in my opinion:

rework the broken leveling experience. They acknowledged it is broken.
    they will work on putting the new leveling tech in all zones. ie, mobs stay at your level.
    they will review rewards from quests and instances whislt leveling.
    they will buff mobs when and where needed by zone.
    they will create pristine servers where migration does not work, items linked to account cannot be used.
    they will add achievement for creating a character in a pristine server and leveling it to max level.
    they are going to block migration, lfr, lfd, shared zones for these servers.

thats about it.

You might feel the need to keep this thread alive, but in my opinion blizzard has already set a plan in motion and it does not include legacy vanilla servers.
    Careful, this thread isn't too accepting of people being positive towards Blizzard. That said, I don't like their pristine servers idea, nor do I think legacy servers should be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Careful, this thread isn't too accepting of people being positive towards Blizzard. That said, I don't like their pristine servers idea, nor do I think legacy servers should be a thing.
    I have not said anything for or against both side. I am talking from experience (years in software dev), years in this game and a bit of pragmatism.

time will tell.

I have not said anything for or against both side. I am talking from experience (years in software dev), years in this game and a bit of pragmatism.

time will tell.
    Yeah, all I'm saying is this thread is so flooded with negativity that objective analyses are met with hostility more often than not.

Yeah, all I'm saying is this thread is so flooded with negativity that objective analyses are met with hostility more often than not.
    Don't forget the pro-Legacy starter kit:

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Empty? I don't know wtf you was playing but even in my garrison a had dozens of people
    Sure you did.

- - - Updated - - -

time will tell.
    Years in software dev? You are full of shit. Many MMOs left and right that successfully did Legacy servers, and even a huge response on polygon from major companies stating nostalgia is cheaper and more likely to sell than a new game.

- - - Updated - - -

Objective analysis that are wrong. Of course would be met with people telling them they are wrong. What world do people like you live in? Let's just hear the BS and accept it.... lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post

+1 internet for you, sir.

It's amazing how delusional and narrow minded the legacy folks are.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    +1 internet for you, sir.

It's amazing how delusional and narrow minded the legacy folks are.
    Tbh I don't mind debating with someone who is anti or pro legacy as long as they are willing to bring actual points to the table.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-22 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post

Years in software dev? You are full of shit. Many MMOs left and right that successfully did Legacy servers, and even a huge response on polygon from major companies stating nostalgia is cheaper and more likely to sell than a new game.
    yes, years in software dev mate. May be you want to send me your details via pm on skype and I can do a share screen so that I can prove you wrong by showing my CV and linkedin profile?

No? didnt think so.

My post was very balanced, but I suppose kids like you dont have the reading comprehension necessary to understand basic english?

Yes some mmos did legacy servers, but other mmos are not wow. wow is beast appart. digest that, it is true.

Let me now lay it out thick because you dont seem to understand.

Either the dev find a way to run 10 year old code on current hardware and the total cost of porting legacy wow on current hardware is leveraged by the number of people willing to subscribe to such a service, or the cost far exceed the potential return and the return on investment is not worth it. It is a risk and Blizzard will only take a calculated risk. They are not going to risk too much if there is a too low a chance of recuperating their investment. understood?

Legacy server can happen if:
    they have the ressource and they are willing (keyword) to have them working on legacy wow.
    they have a solution for porting the code, if they still have it and if it can be done cheaply.

for those oblivious to issues: wow runs on backend. the backend is either a proprietary database or a commercial one. in 10 years (read that again), software change a lot. If you take Oracle or Sybase, I challenge any one you to find a 10 years version of their database for download and find a way to get support for them. You guessed, near impossible.

Alternatively if they cannot commit to vanilla servers, they will choose a middle ground, which I have talked about in my previous post and will reduce their risk and fit in their roadmap. Personally I bet on the second option. Simply because it is less risky, will allow them to make the current leveling better and still focus on what the highest percentage of their customer base wants in terms of new addition to the game (ie new content).

I have nothing against legacy vanilla server but it feels like some of you either are not yet working or dont understand how a business is run.

yes, years in software dev mate. May be you want to send me your details via pm on skype and I can do a share screen so that I can prove you wrong by showing my CV and linkedin profile?

No? didnt think so.

My post was very balanced, but I suppose kids like you dont have the reading comprehension necessary to understand basic english?

Yes some mmos did legacy servers, but other mmos are not wow. wow is beast appart. digest that, it is true.

Let me now lay it out thick because you dont seem to understand.

Either the dev find a way to run 10 year old code on current hardware and the total cost of porting legacy wow on current hardware is leveraged by the number of people willing to subscribe to such a service, or the cost far exceed the potential return and the return on investment is not worth it. It is a risk and Blizzard will only take a calculated risk. They are not going to risk too much if there is a too low a chance of recuperating their investment. understood?

Legacy server can happen if:
    they have the ressource and they are willing (keyword) to have them working on legacy wow.
    they have a solution for porting the code, if they still have it and if it can be done cheaply.

for those oblivious to issues: wow runs on backend. the backend is either a proprietary database or a commercial one. in 10 years (read that again), software change a lot. If you take Oracle or Sybase, I challenge any one you to find a 10 years version of their database for download and find a way to get support for them. You guessed, near impossible.

Alternatively if they cannot commit to vanilla servers, they will choose a middle ground, which I have talked about in my previous post and will reduce their risk and fit in their roadmap. Personally I bet on the second option. Simply because it is less risky, will allow them to make the current leveling better and still focus on what the highest percentage of their customer base wants in terms of new addition to the game (ie new content).

I have nothing against legacy vanilla server but it feels like some of you either are not yet working or dont understand how a business is run.
    Congratulations in pointing out things Blizzard would need to do to make a game work. The need to do it != won't do it. Someone in software development would know this.

Other MMOs aren't WoW? Congratulations on concluding that. Doesn't make it different on how MMOs work or using other MMOs as a way to conclude the success of nostalgia. Being a software developer, you would also know this, because in the real world people use success in software development wherever it may be to try and create more success.

I'm sure you will keep touting how knowledgeable you are though providing no factual support to your opinion you keep claiming as fact (but but but I'm a software developer). I am also. Inb4 @otaXephon tries to make some silly comment that people don't do this *rolls eyes*.
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    I'm sorry you felt so incredibly offended by my post from page 4 or 5 that you had to call me names.
    If you'd read the entire conversation you'd realize some people were frustrated by copyright laws and demanding them to be changed - my post merely suggested the only way to change laws is by voting in people who are actually receptive to change.

That's how the world works - I find it a bit amusing it offended you so much. You are posting in a videogame thread about a pirate server after all... I'm not sure what other worldly issues this topic allows..
    Nope. As a published artist who owns copyrights and as a creative professional, I think changing the copyright laws so a handful of kids can play old video games is a horrifically, epically bad idea, and is so far fetched and insane it only deserves to be laughed at. This is the textbook definition of "selfish".

Congratulations in pointing out things Blizzard would need to do to make a game work. The need to do it != won't do it. Someone in software development would know this.

Other MMOs aren't WoW? Congratulations on concluding that. Doesn't make it different on how MMOs work or using other MMOs as a way to conclude the success of nostalgia. Being a software developer, you would also know this, because in the real world people use success in software development wherever it may be to try and create more success.

I'm sure you will keep touting how knowledgeable you are though providing no factual support to your opinion you keep claiming as fact (but but but I'm a software developer). I am also. Inb4 @otaXephon tries to make some silly comment that people don't do this *rolls eyes*.
    I explained to you the reasons why they might not do it, technically and economically.

If Blizzard fix the technical feasability, they still have to take into account the issue of ROI and also their fan base. Once you put all that in the balance NO one can say which way the balance will sway. All I can say, is from experience, the companies I worked for would be reticent in taking such a risk. But blizzard is blizzard.

I will conclude like I did in my previous post that you took badly: time will tell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    I care about gear. I care about a sense of accomplishment that comes from getting gear and I care about Immersion. It was hard to get gear in legacy so it provided a sense accomplishment when you got it.
    Thanks for provingonce again that you are full of bs.
    #1 Otherwise you would link your mythic progressing char because mythic is way more harder then vanilla EVER was.
    #2 so getting a vanilla server how do you accomplish progression? right, you dont cause its been done 10 years ago.....

Sometimes that required farming rep for a long time but it felt like a more meaningful experience.
    yeah farming for hours the same place feels so much like an accomplishment - not.

It reminds me of cyler(sp) in the matrix when he talks about knowing that the meat he is eating not being real.
    thats got to be the worst anology ever made on mmoc....

I don't care my sense of accomplishment is in a video game.
    would you link your world top 10 mythic char? oh right what you said was never true....

I want legacy servers so I can experience it again
    whats next you wanna feel the same way when you got your first kiss?....
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2016-05-22 at 07:57 PM.

Objective analysis that are wrong. Of course would be met with people telling them they are wrong. What world do people like you live in? Let's just hear the BS and accept it.... lol.
    Hearing the BS and accepting/denying it is quite different from disregarding an argument completely because it's different from yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Doesn't matter. Every class is playable, at least in the leveling content.
    WRONG. When wow started balance was NOT fully playble....ie owlform was later introduced....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Nope. As a published artist who owns copyrights and as a creative professional, I think changing the copyright laws so a handful of kids can play old video games is a horrifically, epically bad idea, and is so far fetched and insane it only deserves to be laughed at. This is the textbook definition of "selfish".
    I was just merely pointing out the fact that the only way to change laws is to vote in people who change them. Posting about it in MMOC doesn't actually change any laws. That's all I said.

My personal opinion - some parts, especially Patent law, needs desperate reform. Copyright laws are fine as they are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    And nobody was ... losing out on money by people playing Nost.
    Oh, so you admit that noone would play classic if they had to pay for it?
    What? You say they would pay? So you admit the fact that Blizzard was losing out on money?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Yeah, the anti-cheat technology Nost has.
    Yes because x broke dudes can do what Billionar Blizzard cant do....
    Lemme gues Nost blocked people using AHK?.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    No, they didn't.
    You color your text as much as you wont but it still does NOT change the fact that Blizzard has been sayin NO for the last 10 years.
    If you fail to admit that you are not to be taken serious at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You missed the "you think you dont but you do"-meme

Hearing the BS and accepting/denying it is quite different from disregarding an argument completely because it's different from yours.
    Very common with anti-legacy people.