Post oil spill/housing recession, I spent about 4 years NEETing it up. I couldn't go back to it. It's much better having a job I tolerate and that makes me enough money to fund my hobbies.

Deleted
    I've been a NEET for past few years. Living off very occasional translation jobs and (mainly) renting a flat. I want to kill myself.

Never been a neet.

Arslan Episode 2

Lackluster OP song is lackluster.

Glad the three kids from the last episode got upgraded to recurring characters, shows the story can bring in characters without a flashy introduction.

Vahzir shares my suspicions about Arslan's mom as well. Dad wouldn't hit Arslan just for looking like mom; sounds like Arslan was sired by someone else, and the king either had to take his mom for his wife or couldn't divorce or her for political reasons.

I half expected the Lusitanian army to suddenly drop their swords and pick up lances ala Braveheart.

Where did they put all that dirt? Must have taken a long time, I'm amazed Parsian scouts didn't spot the dig weeks before the battle.

Damn, those three kids just turned out to be mauve shirts. Hopefully one of them survived!

The trick by the traitor lord dressing up as King Andragos III to search for Arslan was neat.

Interesting to see dad didn't die, but seeing how this story seems to be about Arslan, I bet he's still going to bite the dust soon regardless.

I wonder if the Lusitanian kid from the first episode will show up in this battle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You have Stellaris and your weeb toons, you're fine.
    Dealing with apathy best as I can.

- - - Updated - - -

I need something light and fun to lift my spirits. I guess it's time to start Re:Zero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Never been a neet.
    My month was just the bridging period between finishing uni and getting my first post-grad job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Lots of free time is less enjoyable for me now than it used to be, since I just happen to lose all my motivation to do anything for no reason despite having a lot of time, but in contrast to that I constantly feel like I don't have enough time for anything when I'm on a 40h/week work schedule and that sucks way more.

Time spent non-self-determined is always inherently bad. That's also ignoring the obvious downsides like having to get up at 7am every day.
    edit: You can also be a NEET and spend time outside.

Pretty much this. When I have free time, I don't want to do anything I would want to do when I don't have free time. I've found a happy medium of going to school and then working part time, and having enough free time to do what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    My month was just the bridging period between finishing uni and getting my first post-grad job.
    One month is a fairly small gap I guess; depending on major, available positions, etc. I agree with Zath and Goriq though, there's no way I could go on an all-night gaming or anime spree again. Let's face it, I'm a normie.

Deleted
    there's no way I could go on an all-night gaming or anime spree again. Let's face it, I'm a normie.
    Last month I tried an all-nighter, played a postapo tabletop RPG with friends. Turns out we're all old fucks and by the time 5am rolled in we barely could keep at it. And to think a few years ago we could have a 17-hour long WFRP session...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Pretty much this. When I have free time, I don't want to do anything I would want to do when I don't have free time. I've found a happy medium of going to school and then working part time, and having enough free time to do what I want.
    When you have too much free time you get bored way too easily... Well, at least I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    One month is a fairly small gap I guess; depending on major, available positions, etc. I agree with Zath and Goriq though, there's no way I could go on an all-night gaming or anime spree again. Let's face it, I'm a normie.
    I did a Computer Games degree with no organised job placement or industry networking opportunities (yes, I wasted a student loan on that), and I ended up getting a gateway software development job instead.

I can still do all night sprees, but it will burn me out for the next couple of weeks on that given activity.

Arslan Episode 3

Goodbye teacher, we hardly knew ye.

Looks like misinformation is a thing in this universe, with the traitors striking down the retreat horns and twisting the retreat order.

Oh look, it's char! With a silver mask and black cloak!

I work 6 and a half days a week at my shop and I still marathon games when I get off work.

Shit, I spend a lot of my time at work playing MUDs and Brave Frontier on my phone.

Or reading manga since I started that diversion as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    For those playing Stellaris...how do you deal with Fallen Empires? I have had three games ended by them now. I'll be going along, minding my own business, and a scout will find their empire...they demand I submit or die and the game is over.

This last time was particularly galling because I was playing a multiplayer game with my friend; it was her first game, and I was explaining a few things as we played. Then she ran into a Fallen Empire, she told them she didn't want war...and they took her homeworld and 3 of her 4 colonies. Her homeworld was too close to them to be tolerated apparently. How could you ever possibly win such a game? It has just been the most unfun aspect of this game by far.
    In any game I play I pretty rush Tachyon Lances and Battleships and I never have to worry about strength. I just have to conquer as much as I can and wait for either the Unbidden or Scourge to show up. Defeat one of those and then go after the Fallen Empires. Afterwards it's just clean up time in the galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    But isn't your job basically doing nothing all day anyway?
    I pretty much wait till a customer walks in or one of the ladies in the office does something dumb to their computer.

I do spend a lot of time planning events, having to go to other peoples events, and scouting new artists I think would be marketable.

But, after the years as exec chef/sous working...oh...80 or more hours a week, it's pretty fucking nice. Plus, I actually like the people I make money for now.

Arslan Episode 4

Arslan: "I want you to join me."
    Narsus: "What do I get out of it?"
    Arslan: "Want a ton of money?"
    Narsus: "Nope."
    Arslan: "Want to be a lord?"
    Narsus: "Nah."
    Arslan: "Want to paint terrible pictures of me?"
    Narsus: "@#$% yeah!"

LAMO

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    It's a really enjoyable game imo. Especially early and mid game are amazing, late game feels a bit too bland imo, and can also be quite performance heavy depending on the map size when fleets get huge. The way you design your fleet will have a fun, but steep learning curve as the way you equip your fleet can either give you an easy victory, or get stomped by fleets with half the fleetpower.
    I'd wanted to ask about this - how do you know what is good against what? I know point defense is good against missiles, but how do you know the opponent even has missiles?

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    That's me now, although work and school is the same. I spent years in limbo in my life, and I have no desire to go back. Having nothing to do, nowhere to go, ever, just drains enjoyment and results in an obsessive fixation on meaningless pass-times.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: and as for the Fallen Empires thing, I do scout. But they seem to want far, FAR more territory around them than is reasonable to scout. Like they want about an 1/8th of the galaxy.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2016-05-22 at 11:44 PM.

Arslan Episode 6

So the bard can distinguish women by the smell of their skin? One has to wonder how he attuned his senses to perform such a feat...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    That's me now, although work and school is the same. I spent years in limbo in my life, and I have no desire to go back. Having nothing to do, nowhere to go, ever, just drains enjoyment and results in an obsessive fixation on meaningless pass-times.
    It also really helps having a path to follow, or aim towards. I loved growth in technology and infrastructure, but I'm too stupid to be an engineer or techy, so I decided on business. I loved Asia, so that helped me decide to do International. It's really just finding what you enjoy, and finding a real world application for it. That drive is what makes me enjoy going to school and working. If I didn't have a goal, I'd just laze about and probably hate myself because of it. I see that a lot with undecided major people at my school. They are far more likely to fail a class, because they have no goals or dreams.

Arslan Episode 7

Butchering entire towns just to draw out the prince? Wow.

Gieve really makes the show!

- - - Updated - - -

Arslan Episode 9

Seems like the idea of wearing cool and spooky masks for reputation's sake instead (instead of being some half-dead guy on life support ala Darth Vader) has caught on in a big way over the past few years.