Engineering just for fun?

Okay so I was thinking of boosting engineering but is it just for fun or does it have its uses.

I will probably be boosting my DK and my hunter the professions, I am thinking of boosting are likely going to be enchanting, tailoring and enchanting just for practical uses like helping my alts with bags, potions and enchants but the 4th profession I am having trouble deciding.

I was think engineering for my DK as he will be my old raiding/dungeon farmer, so Jeeves would come in handy and I could make guns from my hunter plus you get some pretty cool mounts, (I also heard it can take sometime to gather the materials to craft a lot of engineering stuff), but I was also thinking would it be more beneficial to go with something more practical like blacksmithing as I will have a warrior(s) and Paladin(s) as my alts but I guess I could level that when the time comes on one of these characters

Alchemy
    Echanting
    Tailoring
    4th: Engineering, Blacksmithing or something else

but open to suggestions/changes to all 4 profession slots

Engineering is one of the most useful professions in the game and it cost 2k to level from 1 to 630. I would say its worth it for that alone.

Engineering is fun depending on what level you will play (twink or regular char).

I think blizz added some simpler skill-up recipes that you can craft from 1 to 700.

Considering how much you'll get asked for Jeeves alone, I'd say it's worth it.

Engi is by far one of the most fun. Devalued a little bit for self play in the sense that almost everything they make now can be traded off. As far as most interesting (personal opinion), Engi offers a decent variety with Nitro Boosts, goblin glider, and random stuff like the gnomish gravity well. Also offers some utility in groups with Moll-E (mailbox) and Jeeves/scrap bots. Most other profs just turned into making gear, which even Engi offers with the goggles. Only other prof I can really think of for self entertainment is Inscription with the origami stuff, and of course the item that will let groups switch talents without going to a tavern in Legion. Kind of torn getting rid of LW for Inscription just because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheatshaman View Post
    Considering how much you'll get asked for Jeeves alone, I'd say it's worth it.
    Asked but not payed. Engineering is helpful to everybody but not so much to the guy who has the profession. It adds a little qol but does not make money unlike tailoring (creating bags for example) or other professions.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Asked but not payed. Engineering is helpful to everybody but not so much to the guy who has the profession. It adds a little qol but does not make money unlike tailoring (creating bags for example) or other professions.
    Free glider, nitro boost, teleports, extra loot from mobs, vendor/bank access deep as fuck inside instances that you don't feel like hearthing out of... It's more than just a little quality of life.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Thanks guy much appreciated I think I'll be getting engineering, just one more question, crafting items good to start getting to raiding or does questing/mob drops offer better gear just wondering if to get rid of alchemy or something for blacksmithing if that's the case as my DK and/or hunter will be my old raid and mount/transmog farmers

Well, let's face it, outside of bags from tailoring and enchants from...Enchanting, profs really don't have much gold making power anymore other than a few random pieces of gear you might sell here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Shad0ws View Post
    Thanks guy much appreciated I think I'll be getting engineering, just one more question, crafting items good to start getting to raiding or does questing/mob drops offer better gear just wondering if to get rid of alchemy or something for blacksmithing if that's the case as my DK and/or hunter will be my old raid and mount/transmog farmers

Max level 6/6 crafted Items are BiS until Mythic. So if you do not Raid Mythic, use three crafted Items.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Being able to make a bis head piece except if someone raids mythic is pretty useful I would say. Also if you haven't figured out how to make money making and selling guns that again are bis except for mythic for hunters then you don't know how to make money. I have made a killing making guns this expansion.

I hate engineering all the way to the core. takes ages