Poll: How much would you really pay for a Classic server?

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stupid poll. Do you mean included in main sub? Because you're then paying for vanilla server, and blizz can lean back and chill (which is what they've been doing for years though, admittedly) since they wouldnt need to produce anything other than some minor bs.

Do you mean ontop of the current sub? like 15€+15€?? That's just absurd.

If "Legacy Servers" became a thing with wow, i'd make a character on it and play there occasionally. It would be a minor thing, like pet battles or whatever. I loved pre, but its really the nostalgia talking.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    No balancing, no bugfixing, no new content, no class updates...
    Pay for what exactly?

Just being able to access their servers is worth a TINY amount of money, perhaps 5$ a month if even that.
    And i would play like that for a solid 2 weeks until i get bored of the awful aspects of the old vanilla.

Vanilla WoW was fun back in year 2005 - and even then it was widely known as "the easy casual" MMO when compared to others.
    Vanilla in 2016 would be a disaster even as a free service...
    Perhaps their idea of pristine servers could work.
    FWIW, I've been enjoying the shit out of playing on a Vanilla private server lately.

Granted, I didn't join the game until around a year into TBC, so to me, it's kind of honestly, new content.

I'm enjoying the challenge, I'm enjoying the face that there's always 1000-2000 people online on my server! The world PVP is alive and well, people are out questing, raiding, it's wonderful.

AND SHIT! I got my old friend from Burning Crusade to join my real life friend and I and we have a cute little personal group in a huge raiding guild going. It's great and I don't get why some people think others can't enjoy this. I am enjoying it and no matter what you say, I'm still enjoying myself! What do you say to that?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    FWIW, I've been enjoying the shit out of playing on a Vanilla private server lately.
    Granted, I didn't join the game until around a year into TBC, so to me, it's kind of honestly, new content.
    I'm enjoying the challenge, I'm enjoying the face that there's always 1000-2000 people online on my server! The world PVP is alive and well, people are out questing, raiding, it's wonderful.
    AND SHIT! I got my old friend from Burning Crusade to join my real life friend and I and we have a cute little personal group in a huge raiding guild going. It's great and I don't get why some people think others can't enjoy this. I am enjoying it and no matter what you say, I'm still enjoying myself! What do you say to that?
    Outdoor questing and dungeons were very fun in vanilla.

But wait till you get to end-game vanilla (raiding and/or pvp) and realize that most specs in the game are gimmicks that do not work.
    Some are so weak that they are barely worth playing (80% less damage than others), while some other specs are just broken and worthless.

If you enjoy it then by all means continue playing.
    But it is foolish to think masses of people would keep paying subscriptions for months even though the vanilla is utterly broken AND would not get patched or get new content.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2016-05-17 at 08:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, i don't want one either.

Vanilla was fun. So was BC. And wotlk... And... and... for me the game developed. I always played with friends in a guild that formed years before wow. Would I go back to vanilla? Sure maybe, if my guild would. Its an MMO. Would I pay EXTRA for that? I dont think so. One sub is enough.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Outdoor questing and dungeons were very fun in vanilla.

But wait till you get to end-game vanilla (raiding and/or pvp) and realize that most specs in the game are gimmicks that do not work.
    Some are so weak that they are barely worth playing (80% less damage than others), while some other specs are just broken and worthless.

If you enjoy it then by all means continue playing.
    But it is foolish to think masses of people would keep paying subscriptions for months even though the vanilla is utterly broken AND would not get patched or get new content.
    Perhaps... perhaps not.

The fact that so many people played so much on Nostalrius, and now this server I am on, and many others? Well...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I would.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

I'd try it, I doubt I'd enjoy it. I'd be more interested in a wrath server.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

If they only added vanilla then no, however if they were making a progressive server that runs through to wotlk then yes 100%

No. I played back then and haven't forgotten how painful a lot of it was.

Also the idea of jumping back to a time when all the artwork was a vague low pixel blur isn't really appealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd hope that if they did open legacy servers, they would be integrated into the main game. So typical sub fee to play live servers and legacy as well. That way it doesn't separate the community and Blizz gets people coming back into the current game too.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by MardestyGSOG View Post
    If they only added vanilla then no, however if they were making a progressive server that runs through to wotlk then yes 100%
    Mmmm 6 years of uninterrupted subscriptions from me then. Then comes Cataclysm and it's time to unsubscribe, clicky clicky.

And i would play like that for a solid 2 weeks until i get bored of the awful aspects of the old vanilla.
    You mean the aspect of having to actually spend time and effort to accomplish something worthwhile? Yeah - so awful.

Vanilla WoW was fun back in year 2005 - and even then it was widely known as "the easy casual" MMO when compared to others
    So based off your opinion what does that say about the current state of the game if you class Vanilla as the easy casual MMO? Vanilla never had anything as disgustingly casual as LFR, LFD, garrisons and free loot thrown at you via a facebook game.

Perhaps their idea of pristine servers could work.
    Provides me with everything I need to know about the strength of your opinion.
    Last edited by T18Z; 2016-05-20 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    The people saying they'd pay for a vanilla server are the people who didn't play in vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I played vanilla servers for longer than 5 months and the only thing that stopped me was them being shut down (Nost). I'd gladly play a vanilla server because they offer me a feeling of a larger, breathing, more social world. I enjoyed running around Ironforge seeing people chat around the Auction House, bank, on their epic mounts or dancing in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    The people saying they'd pay for a vanilla server are the people who didn't play in vanilla.
    I played Vanilla, and I prefer Vanilla. TBC was good too .. WotLK good also, but not as good as Vanilla.

The problem is, I can also say the people who don't like Vanilla are also the people who never played it. See how that goes?

It is funny though when I see someone who says Vanilla was a cake walk. The raids were too easy. TBC was easy. Hehe - newer players are so easy to pick from the crowd, since the game was nerfed to oblivion in current retail WoW Subs today have no idea what hard was (ie spending weeks on 1 raid boss with your guild - for no other reason than "We Have To").
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-05-22 at 12:24 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah. Lived through it once and hit *most* of the content. I'm happy to consume new material.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Vanilla, TBC and wotlk is all about nostalgia, you can have as much legacy servers as you want, that feeling you had back then will never return again. So its fun to play on a legacy server for probably a couple of months, then it only becomes rinse and repeat. I dont understand you people who would kill for legacy servers.. If you enjoy playing a server where there wont be any sort of updated content that you havent done then I would suggest to just find another game tbh.
    Thats just my opinion.

I have nothing against adding legacy servers, I simply dont care either way. Would be good to give the people who want it so desperately their fun tho

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdsent View Post
    Vanilla, TBC and wotlk is all about nostalgia, you can have as much legacy servers as you want, that feeling you had back then will never return again. So its fun to play on a legacy server for probably a couple of months, then it only becomes rinse and repeat. I dont understand you people who would kill for legacy servers.. If you enjoy playing a server where there wont be any sort of updated content that you havent done then I would suggest to just find another game tbh.
    Thats just my opinion.

I have nothing against adding legacy servers, I simply dont care either way. Would be good to give the people who want it so desperately their fun tho
    Nostalgia is an amazing thing tho and it can single-handedly keep a game alive and thriving. I play a phone game that is 100% nostalgia based and it does really well monetarily. Final Fantasy Record Keeper is the name. It is all 100% based upon people who played FF games when they were younger coming to play them again more or less. It doesn't have much original content, it is all bosses you've killed before in old FF games just in a different way on your phone. The game has been out 14 months now and its still the same as it was.

Nostalgia can work if it's done well and people liked the original enough to warrant it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdsent View Post
    Vanilla, TBC and wotlk is all about nostalgia
    This is just a baseless assertion.

And it is wrong.

For some the main or even only draw might be nostalgia. Others just prefer the overall design choices from back then and think that the replay-ability of the expansions are good enough to play them again over the likely result of Legion. This might also be enhanced by nostalgia, or not even come into play.
    Blizzard love to point to nostalgia, because that sounds infinitely better than "these nerds who think that I've done little other than ruin their beloved game over the last decade"