Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This whole thing just looks like a persecution complex. There's typically valid reasons for these bans on the individual level; it isn't because they're "conservative". It's generally because they're "acting like asshats".

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A drag indeed.. when it is the government. Otherwise, one should not care.
    I dunno. I don't think you'd be saying that if they were your views being censored.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I dunno. I don't think you'd be saying that if they were your views being censored.
    I would more than likely.

I have no expectation a for profit company is to uphold my right to express views using their platform. That is irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    They have every right to do whatever they want with their products. However, they should be honest about it. They pretend it's not happening when there's evidence that it is. Just own up to it. Say you don't want conservative types or ideas talked about through your shit.
    I agree with this. Of course legally they can do whatever they want. But that doesn't make it morally correct.

Own up to it.

I would more than likely.

I have no expectation a for profit company is to uphold my right to express views using their platform. That is irrational.
    Not really irrational at all. Twitter has never advertised that "hey come join us, unless your views are X!" ... It doesn't look like the ToS or anything like that have been broken either.

Um... Am I supposed to know who this is, what she did, or what her conservative convictions are? I;m a little confused here...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really irrational at all. Twitter has never advertised that "hey come join us, unless your views are X!" ... It doesn't look like the ToS or anything like that have been broken either.
    How would you even know? It could easily be based on private messaging, or tweets that they deleted for crossing a line, or any such thing. The simple truth is that you've got no actual evidence that they're being banned for their political views.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This whole thing just looks like a persecution complex. There's typically valid reasons for these bans on the individual level; it isn't because they're "conservative". It's generally because they're "acting like asshats".
    I'm sure it looks that way to you when you've fully submerged yourself in the victim olympics agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Twitter is company and can censor whatever they like. It's not a right to tweet.
    Of course it's their right to do it, it's also my right to point out censorship on their part or are you saying I have no right to do so?

If my views were being censored I'd probably ask myself why I cared about a twitter account at all. I doubt I'd be praying for it...
    And I doubt that person was being serious when they said to pray for the account. Get real.

Companies do not have to do anything "morally right". They just have to obey the law under which they operate.

Use another service if one dislikes Twitter or FB persecuting certain views. No other services? Make a new one.

They don't need to advertise they are a company and not the government. I rationally know that only one of those two things has an obligation to allow me to express my views.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-05-23 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    How would you even know? It could easily be based on private messaging, or tweets that they deleted for crossing a line, or any such thing. The simple truth is that you've got no actual evidence that they're being banned for their political views.
    And you have no proof either, so pretending like its just a victim complex is futile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    I'm sure it looks that way to you when you've fully submerged yourself in the victim olympics agenda.
    You do realize the irony of making that claim when I'm here, being skeptical, in a thread about someone crying victim, right?

The only people playing "victim olympics" here are the ones claiming they're persecuted, while providing no evidence of any such.

Companies do not have to do anything "morally right". They just have to obey the law under which they operate.

Use another service if one dislikes Twitter or FB persecuting certain views. No other services? Make a new one.
    "Yeah, who cares about someone doing something morally wrong."

-Okay....

Under section 10 of their ToS. You don't have to violate them for the company to decide they don't want your particular brand of stupidity on their platform.
    That doesn't mean anything at all.

- - - Updated - - -

IDK, you guys seem pretty worked up over this and there are certainly enough silly people who pray for literally everything.
    Right, so you're going that route with things. Have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Of course it's their right to do it, it's also my right to point out censorship on their part or are you saying I have no right to do so?
    You probably got triggered too hard by mentioning someone has the right to censor your certainly valuable contributions on their platform but you should realize nobody denied you the opportunity to whine about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you have no proof either, so pretending like its just a victim complex is futile.
    I don't need proof. Those making exceptional claims (those of you claiming there's a campaign against your political viewpoint) are the ones who bear the burden of proof. Until it's provided, I have as much reasons to believe this as I do the idea that JFK was the first Sasquatch President, and a long-time supporter of Gillette.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Serves her right for creating such a shitty meme.
    It was legitimately one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

Super trite. "Pray for this account."- ugh.

Also stupid. This is stupid to be concerned about.
    Are you being serious? Stupid to be concerned that someone who has views that aren't yours is being censored against obviously biased sources that claim they aren't?
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

"Yeah, who cares about someone doing something morally wrong."

-Okay....
    Correct. Morality is not quantifiable or objective. There is no such thing.

So one absolutely should not be concerned about such.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Are you being serious? Stupid to be concerned that someone who has views that aren't yours is being censored against obviously biased sources that claim they aren't?
    Yes, Twitter has no actual obligation to allow any user to express whatever they want. Dislike it? use another platform. They are a company, for profit. Not the government.

One is basically a customer of Twitter. They can deny you service whenever and for whatever they feel it- without having to check with you or anyone else for that matter.