Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Refuse? no i will not go through 13 pages to maby see one of your posts, just popped in and saw that post and had to question it lol.
    Probably one of the posters who thinks she faked getting raped or something.

Deleted
    The cost of oil.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    If it was legal, people will complain that the gullible and simple minded are being misused, brainwashed and abused. If it was illegal, we have people like you that will complain. Again, she's most likely lying about being forced into it. 90% of prostitutes will tell you they were "forced" once exposed and caught, even during the act. It's a self defense method to keep herself relevant in the outside world and to also be able to move on with her life and leave doors open for marriage.

If you had any experience in life, you wouldn't need me to mention this to you.
    It's legal in my country and 0 people make that complaint. but if you had any experience with life outside your little bubble you would already know that.
    There's no evidence that she's lying at this point beyond your word, which means less than nothing.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    They are pretty much the same thing, the difference is we try to not let it dictate the laws.
    "...pretty much the same thing,..."

How so?

Where in Christianity does it say to have and own sex slaves? You'll find that no where. Nor does it say in Christianity to perform Jihad/Crusades.

The closest you might find are some Old Testament laws which were basically invalidated by Christianity to large extent - for example, where Jesus said to the people "let he who is without sin cast the first stone," which basically showed that Christianity repudiated the capital punishments of the Old Testament.

Islam retains those types of values and laws, even though it rose centuries after Christianity did.

So no, modern Christianity, post-Renaissance, is nothing like Islam.
    For that matter, even ancient Christianity was nothing like Islam.

Islam, like other religions formed in times of war, is inherently more violent and cruel. Christianity was formed in times of relative peace, and also was reformed in the modern era. Islam shares neither of these traits in common with Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    And to think, some people in the US wish we could be just like them and pine for the "good 'ol days" when minorities were property, women couldn't vote and religion was law.
    Who?

Who in the US is pining for us going back to the 1830s?

If I'm not mistaken, most people who pine for the "good ol' days" are thinking the 1980s or the 1950s - neither of which featured minorities being slaves/property, women being unable to vote, and religion being law*.

*In the US, religion has never been law. But most of our law is indirectly Christian through the conduit of 1,000 years or so of British common law, legal decisions, and 1700s era liberalism, which would be called conservatism today.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    So to say that all Muslims are radical extremist people is ludicrous and vile, which does nothing but promote hate & heat.
    Who makes this claim? I have literally never heard an argument that "all Muslims" are anything. If I did, it would be immediately discredited.

However, many Muslims are radical by our standards of liberty. Polling data supports this notion. And no, it's not 1% or some small minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Who makes this claim? I have literally never heard an argument that "all Muslims" are anything. If I did, it would be immediately discredited.

However, many Muslims are radical by our standards of liberty. Polling data supports this notion. And no, it's not 1% or some small minority.
    Most of the world is "radical" by Western standards. Liberalism isn't the norm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Some people here who get their information based on MMO-C topics and build up their opinions based on other posters. I wasn't talking about you specifically.

can you define radical for me?
    Saudi Arabia and countries with similiar laws?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Most of the world is "radical" by Western standards. Liberalism isn't the norm.
    That acteally gives people a very good reason to not want that kind of muslim culture, did not expect that to come from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Talsar View Post
    It's legal in my country and 0 people make that complaint. but if you had any experience with life outside your little bubble you would already know that.
    There's no evidence that she's lying at this point beyond your word, which means less than nothing.
    There's no evidence that 0 people make that complaint in your country either, which also means less than nothing. If you're going to lecture me about actual life experience, you might as well fake being mature in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    And yet feminists' main issues are with manspreading, video game butts, and ghostbusters movie reviews

These are the situations where Emma Watson needs to fly over and do some campaigning, but nope
    How can you be complaining about western feminism when there are children starving in Africa? I see you have your priorities in order.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    There's no evidence that 0 people make that complaint in your country either, which also means less than nothing. If you're going to lecture me about actual life experience, you might as well fake being mature in the process.
    You started the crap about life experience buddy, if you don't like it used against you then don't use it. You are right i can't say with certainty that 0 people make the complaint, but the fact that i have never heard it made by anyone in my (very small) country means that if there are any who believe that it is an insignificant amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    That acteally gives people a very good reason to not want that kind of muslim culture, did not expect that to come from you.
    Basically all the shitty behaviors you people are laying at the feet of Islam are true in one form or another for basically every under developed or poor nation. Christian nations in Africa often display the same rabidly anti women policies.

The unifying factor for deeply sexist societies isn't Islam, its poor economic development.

The unifying factor for deeply sexist societies isn't Islam, its poor economic development.
    That doesn't explain Kuwait or Qatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    That doesn't explain Kuwait or Qatar.
    You're talking about nations that have only recently gained wealth. Qatar's boom was what, '74? No one is saying liberalization is instant.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Basically all the shitty behaviors you people are laying at the feet of Islam are true in one form or another for basically every under developed or poor nation. Christian nations in Africa often display the same rabidly anti women policies.

So the wealthy are more morally good than the poor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    So the wealthy are more morally good than the poor?
    No, stress radicalizes societies. Poverty breed sexism in the same way economic downturns breed radical political movements.

You're talking about nations that have only recently gained wealth. Qatar's boom was what, '74? No one is saying liberalization is instant.
    So apostasy and adultery are punishable by death in the richest nation in the world, a Muslim nation, and you say that's ok because it's only been 42 years since they became rich?

If that's the argument that you're making then there are no "developed" Muslim nations, at least not to your standards. I think the much more likely explanation is that there isn't (to my knowledge at least) a Muslim majority country where Sharia isn't the primary source of legislation.

So apostasy and adultery are punishable by death in the richest nation in the world, a Muslim nation, and you say that's ok because it's only been 42 years since they became rich?
    Yes. Though the appeal to incredulity is noted. 42 years is simply not much time for change that you'll expect to see on the time scale of generations.

Yes. Though the appeal to incredulity is noted. 42 years is simply not much time for change that you'll expect to see on the time scale of generations.
    Cute. Listen, no length of time is long enough as far as Sharia is concerned. As long as these countries have their legislation dictated by religion, this is going to be the result. And to be clear, I'm not talking about sexism. I'm not talking about rapes, or incidences of violent crimes against women. I'm not talking about harassment. I'm not talking about construction workers whistling at women walking by. I'm talking about nations where codified law calls for the stoning of women for adultery. How many examples of that can you find among poor non Muslim nations? It exists equally among the richest of Muslim countries (which consists of some of the richest countries in the world) and the poorest, and they have one thing in common.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminder not to impose your western values on others.

Cute. Listen, no length of time is long enough as far as Sharia is concerned. As long as these countries have their legislation dictated by religion, this is going to be the result. And to be clear, I'm not talking about sexism. I'm not talking about rapes, or incidences of violent crimes against women. I'm not talking about harassment. I'm not talking about construction workers whistling at women walking by. I'm talking about nations where codified law calls for the stoning of women for adultery. How many examples of that can you find among poor non Muslim nations? It exists equally among the richest of Muslim countries (which consists of some of the richest countries in the world) and the poorest, and they have one thing in common.
    Just so we're clear here, you think that this kind of behavior is unique to Muslim nations? I want to be sure, because god damn do I want to minimize the number of posts in this tone I have to read.