Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    What is it with people's obsession with things that aren't the government being held to the standard of the Government.
    I know right, expecting transparency is sooo 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    I know right, expecting transparency is sooo 2015
    Apparently so is common sense.

Apparently so is common sense.
    Yeah, how dare those shitlords have a set of standards they hold companies to

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    fat things like that should be ashamed
    You realise that comments like this confirm everything "SJWs" say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

How is this person classified as a conservative?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You realise that comments like this confirm everything "SJWs" say?
    You can understand what those people are saying? Usually just comes across as a huge stream of actual shit just being flung from their mouths.

#southpark duck

Also, I'm so triggered right now.

how? .
    Your reaction to this woman is to make fun of her being fat and unattractive. That plays right into their hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    In which case, own up to it. Don't shadow ban someone and wring your hands while hoping no one notices. No one is intimidated by this nonsense.
    Do people actually feel Facebook is such an incredibly integral part of their lives that they'd be intimidated by shadowbanning? Seriously. I haven't posted on Facebook in like 2 years, I check it occasionally but otherwise I communicate with friends via text, phone and IM. Far too many people have made Facebook their political soap box.

If people take Facebook that seriously it's time to put your smart phone down and go play some soccer, go swimming, go hiking, do something with a friend that doesn't involve the two of you taking pictures of your food with your phone and posting it on facebook.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    No shit, no internet social media/forum is a place for actual unbiased discourse/debate. All websites have their political agendas, Twitter is no exception, nor is this website.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

i dont think you used the word "progress" correctly.
    I assure you I did with 100% intent and accuracy.

You may disagree but we can't all be right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Some people have this really weird sense of entitlement to a privately-owned platform that they're provided access to for free.
    People have this notion that they wil be treated fairly and equally, because they have no reason to suspect otherwise and giving people the benefit of the doubt is common decency in modern society.

But then they discover that certain people on some platforms have no intention of treating them fairly or equally, they are only interested in pushing their agenda and shutting down debate they do not like. Unsurprisingly that disappoints people.

Deleted
    I bet a lot of people defending the rights of private entities to censor content would feel very differently if the content that was being censored was something they agreed with

China censors content online directly by government action, we do it indirectly by private companies and guidance

In the end, it's just about one set of values (right or wrong) policing the free expression of another set of values (right or wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by Joresh View Post
    she looks like she's just too stupid to use the website properly.

Can tweet but can't use the other functions? yeah sure..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I want you to hang a Bernie Sanders poster in your window.
    You cannot refuse to, otherwise you'd be censoring just like China.
    False equivalence

We regularly mock China for its state-sponsored censorship of Sina Weibo and Baidu (their equivalents for Facebook/Twitter and Google), and we have no trouble considering them brainwashed totalitarians

But all they are doing is enforcing rules of what can and cannot be said on property that they own, in the interest of the common good according to their values

This is exactly what we do - and we defend it by saying private entities don't have a duty for impartiality

Again, if Twitter and Facebook were censoring liberal ideas -- for example banning people who speak for LGBT rights or abortion -- then I have no doubt the tone here would be very different and liberals would be screaming injustice

That is the hypocrisy

Am I supposed to Listen and Believe that this isn't just a bid for attention? What's the difference between an account that has been shadowbanned, and a troll account that just says they've been shadowbanned?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I bet a lot of people defending the rights of private entities to censor content would feel very differently if the content that was being censored was something they agreed with

China censors content online directly by government action, we do it indirectly by private companies and guidance

In the end, it's just about one set of values (right or wrong) policing the free expression of another set of values (right or wrong)
    I had no idea you became an Internet Troll Activist.

Deleted
    I had no idea you became an Internet Troll Activist.
    If that's a new term for someone who is in favour of freedom of speech sure

It's really not complicated: freedom of speech only becomes an issue when it comes to people expressing views you don't like in places you don't think they should be allowed to

I'm a minority who thinks racists should be allowed to spew vile hatred freely - because that is what freedom of speech is, not simply endorsing people's right to say things you already agree with

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ynnady View Post
    You should see reddit also. These idiots ban and censor every news and comments regarding migrants, and when you create your own subreddit and get big, they ban that one entirely.
    Im a well balanced nationalist but when i see shit like this, makes me want to vote with the most cultish and the most brutal far right there is.
    It's odd that you are saying this given that the donald still exists

You are surprised? The war on conservatives has been going on way before the net, read up on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    If that's a new term for someone who is in favour of freedom of speech sure

It's really not complicated: freedom of speech only becomes an issue when it comes to people expressing views you don't like in places you don't think they should be allowed to

I'm a minority who thinks racists should be allowed to spew vile hatred freely - because that is what freedom of speech is, not simply endorsing people's right to say things you already agree with
    The reason why freedom of speech in companies is restricted is to provide customers with a more friendly environment. If I have a store for Jewish people and someone kicks in screaming nazism ideas I would kick the guy out of the store.