[Question] Quest and reward scaling?

With the introduction of quest reward scaling, im curious if its possible to edit the order in which you hand in quests to maximise your gear once leveling is complete... Let me explain.

Lets say im leveling a priest, im level 101. I pickup a quest which rewards a chestpiece with perfect stat distribution... But its level 101 required. Can i (in theory) not complete this quest untill 110, thus giving me the same chest with the same stat distribution, just level 110 required (and more stats)? Further to that, could i complete the quest objective at 101 and just save the hand in till i ding 110 and still recieve the boosted 110 required reward?

I realise in the end this doesnt mean much. But for those of us looking to optimise our gear quickly for the inevitable heroic dungeon farm before raiding, this could be a neat little boost (perhaps we were benched from the raid team for being inactive in WoD and are looking for a sneaky way back into the good books... maybe ;p).

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, if it's important story quest, holding it might block you from further quest progression in that zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabatya View Post
    With the introduction of quest reward scaling, im curious if its possible to edit the order in which you hand in quests to maximise your gear once leveling is complete... Let me explain.

Lets say im leveling a priest, im level 101. I pickup a quest which rewards a chestpiece with perfect stat distribution... But its level 101 required. Can i (in theory) not complete this quest untill 110, thus giving me the same chest with the same stat distribution, just level 110 required (and more stats)? Further to that, could i complete the quest objective at 101 and just save the hand in till i ding 110 and still recieve the boosted 110 required reward?

I realise in the end this doesnt mean much. But for those of us looking to optimise our gear quickly for the inevitable heroic dungeon farm before raiding, this could be a neat little boost (perhaps we were benched from the raid team for being inactive in WoD and are looking for a sneaky way back into the good books... maybe ;p).
    You can probably do it (but eventually that means you'll have to change zone if it's a story quest as Mahmeya said), but honestly I think it's too much hassle for little reward. You could however possibly check all the quest rewards beforehand and see if a zone has rewards that suit your spec and then leave it for last? Still too much hassle for little reward in my opinion. Any player worth their salt should be able to compete in heroic dungeons in whatever gear he ends up having and then replace that gear with the rewards. And then do the same with mythics.

Optimising green gear for heroic farming ? Really .....

Just give me a moment to stop laughing.

Ok, I'm good now.

If you're good enough for raiding, heroics should not be a problem even with not-perfect stat distribution on gear. So there's no point in holding quests to hand at level 110.
    Save yourself some time and just hand those quests as fast as possible, that 1-2% increase is not worth the effort. Especially looking at the rate you're going to replace it while running heroics.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

The most optimised way would be to complete all quests you see up to level 110 and then get loot from world quests.
    Quest greens are not worth grinding mobs for XP. Xp from quests is more important.
    Quest greens are required for leveling otherwise it would be hard to level. Or you really want to kill mobs on level 109 with starting 680-720 ilvl gear? And as i remember the best quest reward would be something around 790 ilvl on level 110 (exception dungeon final quests which mean you must finish other "loot" quests in that region) while world quest items start at ilvl 801+
    Last edited by lukoil; 2016-05-23 at 11:29 AM.