Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Players don't "finish the content and move on" because almost zero players finish the content.
    That is nonsense. Data shows that tons of players are finishing LFR, while back in the day, maybe 0.1% of players cleared all raids.

"Back in the day" the game was more difficult, but that wasn't why it was growing. Players aren't retained by content they don't do. What was happening back then was WoW was the first MMO you could solo to level cap. It was easy to play, and that brought in a flood of new players who had never done MMOs. The fraction of those players that did any difficult content was tiny.

Blizzard eventually tried to get those new players into difficult content. THIS FAILED. Read that again: it wasn't that Blizzard didn't want to try to make a difficult game. They tried, and discovered the players simply wouldn't go along. They've stated that in public!
    I don't see how this contradicts what I said. I even said earlier that most players don't want to play difficult games.

Oh you are the #1 expert on this topi.... wait a minute....
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    But did they? I say people left before even entering a raid, while now they do LFR and stay subbed longer.
    By that logic, subs would be going through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Gaming View Post
    That is nonsense. Data shows that tons of players are finishing LFR, while back in the day, maybe 0.1% of players cleared all raids.
    LFR != all content.

If you mean "finish the content they want to do", then increasing the difficulty of the game would not help. There is more difficult content in the game, they just don't want to do it. Removing LFR wouldn't make them want to do it.

I don't see how this contradicts what I said. I even said earlier that most players don't want to play difficult games.
    So you're saying players are leaving because the game no longer has content that they didn't ever want to do anyway?

You are utterly absurd.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I'm glad you've solved the problem and cleared it up for everybody. It'll make discussing these things so much easier in the future now that we're all on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    But is it just ONE Pokemon game or are there in fact different editions and games? Warcraft as a franchise might very well remain popular and might (for example as Warcraft 4" be pulling in millions again. You know..like they do with "Hearthstone" which is popular in the Warcraft Universe / franchise.
    Legion also has different content than the expansions before it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    But is it just ONE Pokemon game or are there in fact different editions and games? Warcraft as a franchise might very well remain popular and might (for example as Warcraft 4" be pulling in millions again. You know..like they do with "Hearthstone" which is popular in the Warcraft Universe / franchise.
    Remind that the games have diferent play styles.One is a RTS,other a MMO and other a Card game.Its like compare the main games of Pokémon with Mistery dungeon,Shuffle,Rumble.They are part of the franchise but diferent games.

And the main games of the Pokémon are like the expansions of WoW.Each one offer new land,adventures,content and etc.The diference is that you can't go back to the other regions besides Gold/Silver/Crystal/HGSS

LFR != all content.
    A pointless statement. Clearly the endgame is raiding. But we can compare dungeons as well. Or PvP. All of that has become more accessible.

If you mean "finish the content they want to do", then increasing the difficulty of the game would not help. There is more difficult content in the game, they just don't want to do it. Removing LFR wouldn't make them want to do it.
    I'm not talking about increasing the difficulty. Did you even read what I wrote? Are you confused?

So you're saying players are leaving because the game no longer has content that they didn't ever want to do anyway?
    No, I'm not. You talked about how making the game harder wouldn't do anything, and I said that I even think most players don't want the game hard anyway. You are either not reading anything I write, or you're extremely confused, or you're intentionally trying to derail this discussion. Get your thoughts sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by ferwyn View Post
    guys it's ok. The king of gaming has this sorted. He knows the "the real reason wow is losing subs". Finally the mystery has been solved. On thank you great and wonderful user with a may 2016 account and only 5 posts. God bless the king!!
    god bless the king!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    god bless the king!!
    Sorry nope, I'm French, I'm getting out my guillotine instead.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Guys I know why it is!. It is because of Monopoly! That game is stealing all of WoW's subs!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    Class design is dramatically worse than it was during MoP and before. That's the reason I quit and play only private servers.
    Really? I think most of my classes play more or less the same as before. Took away a thing here, and put a little different thing back, but nothing really dramatic. Still the same core skills and rotations. I'm hoping they change it around a little more for Legion, so the classes feel different to play.
    Mother pus bucket!

WoW has become the resturant with the huge menu trying to please everyone but to sustain such a vast number of dishes the quality goes to shit. Fucking decide what kind of playerbase you want and stick with it , but what you probably will do instead is add another raid difficulty called heroic+ to bridge the gap for those who cleared heroic but cant seem to get the hang on mythic.
    Last edited by makketota; 2016-05-23 at 12:57 PM.

This thread is grade A shitpost tho, it's impressive:

Low post count OP? Check!
    Controversial OP name? Check!
    Controversial topic? Check!
    Loud-mouthed and boasting points? Check!

Overall I'd give it 9/11.

10+ Year Old Account
    because the game has gotten old.
    because the game has gotten worse.
    because the game has gotten easy.
    the game has become less demanding
    or maybe, just maybe, its a combination of all those things

Quote Originally Posted by Yurika Misumaru View Post
    or maybe, just maybe, its a combination of all those things
    I don't think so. We know the game is 12 years old, but the game is also constantly updating graphics and game systems. If it was because the game was old then subscriber numbers would not have gone back to 10 million for the launch of WoD. And whether the game now is better or worse, easier or harder is all a matter of perspective. But it's quite clear that the game has become less demanding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    This thread is grade A shitpost tho, it's impressive:

Low post count OP? Check!
    Controversial OP name? Check!
    Controversial topic? Check!
    Loud-mouthed and boasting points? Check!

Overall I'd give it 9/11.
    The only one shit-posting here is you, you haven't contributed a single thing.

The real reason WoW is losing subs is simple.

It's not because the game has gotten old.
    It's not because the game has gotten worse.
    It's not because the game has gotten easy.
    The fact that they give the player base the finger and no content for a year or more each expansion could be a contributing factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    The fact that they give the player base the finger and no content for a year or more each expansion could be a contributing factor.
    But subscriptions dropped heavily even before the content gap was anywhere close to 1 year. The report that WoW was down to 5.6 million subscribers came at the beginning of August, on August 4th. HFC was released June 23rd. So within a little bit more than a month of release of a brand new raid and a big new zone with tons of new quests, the subscriber numbers drop to about half of what they were when WoD released. That is supposed to have anything to do with 1 year of no new content? How? You would have to compare subscriber numbers now to be able to make that statement. In fact, 3 months later, in November, when the HFC raid and Tanaan zone was out for about 5 months, the sub numbers only decreased by about 100k. Lack of content is not the reason why all of a sudden, just after the biggest content patch WoW has ever received, subs go down so drastically.

Pretty much correct.

WoW is not an MMO anymore. That's why it's losing subs. There's no reason to sub.

Antisocial tools and extreme "accessibility" that enable players to consume expansions and patches in a month, alone, while the droughts between remain very long. Why sub?

If WoW is to be a single player game, it ought to be more like SWTOR is now, with emphasis on story and RPG. The hell with the faux-cooperative multiplayer.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    It is rewards though. There was content to do in WOD, but why leave your garrison to do it when your garrison missions gave you mythic gear?
    Because you are able to do the content, and want to do it.
    People do raid it therefore killing that argument.
    If LFR was "the whole experience" then why would anybody raid higher, because it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Pretty much correct.

WoW is not an MMO anymore. That's why it's losing subs. There's no reason to sub.

Antisocial tools and extreme "accessibility" that enable players to consume expansions and patches in a month, alone, while the droughts between remain very long. Why sub?

If WoW is to be a single player game, it ought to be more like SWTOR is now, with emphasis on story and RPG. The hell with the faux-cooperative multiplayer.
    Rubbish.
    Social interaction is the choice to interact positively.
    The game provides more tools to do that than ever before, but players are hellbent on isolating themselves.
    Group finder with inflated item level barriers is just the new gearscore in that respect.
    Players are anti-social, not the game.
    There are more opportunities to form friendships by experiencing content with players outside of your "safe" circle.
    You just have to be willing.

Players create the barriers, not blizzard.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-05-23 at 01:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.