Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://psychcentral.com/news/2016/05...ed/103638.html

Great study here that I thought I would share.

From a world renowned research centre here in Canada. As we can see, it's really up to the countries taking in these refugees to put them in the position to succeed.
    So is Canada like the U.S.A with their 'no kid left behind' crap? If so, then this isn't really a study worth caring about as it is a given that the kid will succeed in school. They just teach at the level of the 'lowest' kid in the class (so they are not left behind).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    I haven't been "influenced", what has happened is that I've had enough of the silk glove and tread carefully approach in regards to the problems they bring to our countries. Community service for those who come and rape/murder/rob and no deporting them? Fuck that, they should be deported back even if that means they will die. I'm tired of politicians not doing anything about the problems, I don't care about those people if that comes at the cost of our safety, I'll put my own safety above them.

I had high hopes for the Social Democrats fixing things when they became the biggest last election but then they fucked it up and went into a coalition with a party that wants free immigration and close to no penalties for crimes.
    I also believe a strict system being enforced should be in place, yet you dont see me blabbering about a "threat to our society" catastrophic future scenarios and shooting innocent civilians.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I also believe a strict system being enforced should be in place, yet you dont see me blabbering about a "threat to our society" catastrophic future scenarios and shooting innocent civilians.
    So you think it's no problems? No threat to our society? You can think that but then again, you're naive and think everyone is benevolent and that it's no problems taking them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you in favour of a strict system being put in place if you see no threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I assume it's here to offset the xenophobic stories about refugees we see every day.
    They aren't xenophobic just because they're negative towards immigrants.

Deleted
    So you think it's no problems? No threat to our society? You can think that but then again, you're naive and think everyone is benevolent and that it's no problems taking them.
    Pleny of problems, like anything. No threat to our society.

Deleted
    Pleny of problems, like anything. No threat to our society.
    You're either naive or you're lying. Pick one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Why are you in favour of a strict system being put in place if you see no threat?
    Because the system we have now is outdated. We need a system able to process many people in a civil manner, enforced in a strict way. We need it because the future of countries like Libya and syria, once key countries in migrant routes looks unstable.
    Mind you, having a system in place does nothing on its own. We also need to think long term and recreate a "Libya" (just an example), aka a country able to absorb the influx of subsaharian migrants.

- - - Updated - - -

You're either naive or you're lying. Pick one.
    The NUMBERS we are seeing do not in ANY form or shape represent a threat to our society.

- - - Updated - - -

My father and his family were kicked out of Egypt during the Suez Crisis.

Some went to Britain, some to Australia, some to Canada, some to Cyprus, some to Greece, all adapted to their surroundings by working hard at it. None of them got so much as a minor criminal conviction, because they knew that they had to show themselves to be model citizens, in order to show their gratitude to the nations that gave them a home when they had their own taken from them.

In those days there was no state support for refugees or immigrants on anything like the level it is today, they grafted for just about everything they got, they repaid anyone who showed them kindness, they did not spit in the face of their hosts.

You may hate your country for whatever reason, but not everyone feels the same, some of us are grateful for the opportunities provided by these nations to our ancestors and are willing to provide those same opportunities to others, so long as they respect our ways, if not then fuck them.
    Stories like this happen today everytime Kalis. And the opposite as well. And Im sure at the time of your father it would have been the same.

Deleted
    The NUMBERS we are seeing do not in ANY form or shape represent a threat to our society.
    Yes, it does.

Deleted
    Yes, it does.
    No.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34131911

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.sydsvenskan.se/2016-05-20...echock-i-malmo
    HAHAHAHA Yeah, clearly Sweden will make big money out of this. Which option do you suggest? Increasing taxes by 6% or to reduce healthcare/school/or pick any thing ells..

Deleted
    No.
    Yes, it does. It doesn't matter what you link, I live in it. I see a clear threat to our society.

http://www.thelocal.se/20160108/swed...r-sex-assaults

This shit happened in my town at new year and it grew to bigger numbers than that, those are just the early numbers. That's a threat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekeb View Post
    http://www.sydsvenskan.se/2016-05-20...echock-i-malmo
    HAHAHAHA Yeah, clearly Sweden will make big money out of this. Which option do you suggest? Increasing taxes by 6% or to reduce healthcare/school/or pick any thing ells..
    threat to our society --------------> make big money

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Not committing crimes has nothing to do with what I said.
    But good for them! Luckily nobody tried to kick them out of the country because of stuff another Egyptian guy did, cause that is what's going on now.
    They were not Egyptian, that is why they were kicked out.

And the others did the same as them, crime was incredibly low amongst the immigrant and refugee communities. They policed their own, because even in the 1950s and 60s they realised that what one does reflects on the community, that getting a bad reputation is hard to shake and creates animosity from the people who aided you.

And nearly everyone of them doesn't spit in the face of the country either.
    The difference, again, is that nowadays they'd expect you to stop being Egyptian.
    You cannot have your faith, you cannot have your clothes or food and if possible they'd like you to undergo surgery to get rid of the complexion.
    Except a large number are spitting in the face of their host country, from complaining about the food to mass sexual assaults and all in between.

Nobody is expected to stop being Egyptian, they are expected to work hard at fitting in, to drop the parts of their culture that are anathema to their host country.

I don't hate my country?
    I love my country because almost 200 years ago we decided that your religion doesn't matter.
    That was quite important when your country was a 50-50 split between catholicism and protestantism.
    The result is that you have different areas with completely different customs and nobody gives a fuck, we even speak different dialects up to the point where people regularly cannot understand it if someone from another region speaks Dutch.
    Except for far right populists.. They suddenly care about customs and about policing thoughts.
    Two hundred years of liberal governments, turning us into one of the best countries to live in, and who's here to ruin it all? Far right populism.. Awesome.
    "Well, you and your customs can go to hell for all I care."

It is those customs and traditions that provide the beds, food and care being abused.

The far right is rising because the likes of you on the far left are turning a blind eye to problems, the moderates are going to take sides and it is the fault of people like you that we will not take your side.

Deleted
    Yes, it does. It doesn't matter what you link, I live in it. I see a clear threat to our society.

This shit happened in my town at new year and it grew to bigger numbers than that, those are just the early numbers. That's a threat.
    Right Mooneye. Whatever you think, I'm sure you know better.

Yeah, it's going to change Swedish society, I would argue for the better but those of you saying it won't change things are wrong.

Sweden really needs to get these immigrants jobs though, that's how most of humanity gets it's sense of self worth.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    threat to our society --------------> make big money
    Yeah cause having to increase taxes by 6% (in one of the tax-heaviest countries in the world) clearly isn't a threat to the nation/society.

Deleted
    I don't "think", I live in it.

Deleted
    They were not Egyptian, that is why they were kicked out.

And the others did the same as them, crime was incredibly low amongst the immigrant and refugee communities. They policed their own, because even in the 1950s and 60s they realised that what one does reflects on the community, that getting a bad reputation is hard to shake and creates animosity from the people who aided you.

Except a large number are spitting in the face of their host country, from complaining about the food to mass sexual assaults and all in between.

Nobody is expected to stop being Egyptian, they are expected to work hard at fitting in, to drop the parts of their culture that are anathema to their host country.

"Well, you and your customs can go to hell for all I care."

It is those customs and traditions that provide the beds, food and care being abused.

The far right is rising because the likes of you on the far left are turning a blind eye to problems, the moderates are going to take sides and it is the fault of people like you that we will not take your side.
    "A large number" is really contested. The events you mentioned are not in any way committed by neither the majority nor a large number.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't "think", I live in it.

Deleted
    Yes, I know better than someone who doesn't even live here. 1000 times better, if that's even enough.