Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    No they don't. Predatory behavior in a bathroom is still illegal. Only morons think that allowing trans people access to bathrooms means predators are now allowed to pursue victims legally.
    "Only morons" ...cute.

Yet what type of person uses logical fallacy to extract conclusions from other peoples statements that don't actually exist in them?

Show me where in this statement I said anything about making a crime legal.

Target just instituted a policy which inadvertent, yet obviously, allows predators access to females in the restroom.
    It very clearly says that a policy which is designed for one thing has a inadvertent, yet obvious, consequence of another thing.

Relevant to the matter at hand because again here Target is showing is disregard and disdain for the safety of its customers by trying to have the prevention of a murder prosecuted.

To prove intent we acknowledge pattern, and the pattern with Target is being laid out.

Oh I'll accept your apology for the moron insult if you decided to man up and give it.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    As a person that had experience in retail, retail workers are *absolutely* not obligated to help you, and are in fact prohibited from interfering with fights. You can call the cops, you cannot break it up yourself. Loss prevention is sometimes able to do so... but in most cases are not allowed to touch customers, at all, due to legal things.

Unless the dude was a known risk that had stabbed before and should have been banned, the family has no leg to stand on. And even in that case they'd have to demonstrate that all employees were aware that he was going to go around stabbing random people and failed to prevent it.
    I think the family is bringing a lawsuit b/c Target has no security team for their store. A lot of stores hire a security team to help protect the store and the employees/customers that patron it.

As for Targets claim of "causing unreasonable risk of harm to others" well if Turner and the group following him did not chase the guy from the store who is to say that the guy would not have just ran off to another part of the store and attacked someone else. Target should be thanking Turner for chasing the guy out and preventing anyone else from being harmed since Target as I stated above have no security team on site to respond to such an event, and as you stated before normal employees are forbidden from interfering with customers regardless of the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    I think the family is bringing a lawsuit b/c Target has no security team for their store. A lot of stores hire a security team to help protect the store and the employees/customers that patron it.

As for Targets claim of "causing unreasonable risk of harm to others" well if Turner and the group following him did not chase the guy from the store who is to say that the guy would not have just ran off to another part of the store and attacked someone else. Target should be thanking Turner for chasing the guy out and preventing anyone else from being harmed since Target as I stated above have no security team on site to respond to such an event, and as you stated before normal employees are forbidden from interfering with customers regardless of the circumstances.
    Target isn't required to have a security team for their store. Nor is any other store.

For your latter point, that's not how things work legally; declining to prosecute someone causing a hazard could mean that in another lawsuit where someone DID cause harm Target would be sued for precedent for allowing someone to chase through their store to harm someone else. Legal things are fun.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    Well what is there to say? This is how the law works, like it or not - If some shit is going down, your best option by far is to let it happen and then clean up afterwards. Even cops are trained not to get in the way of shit like this. You let that girl die, sorry girl, don't wanna get sued, then you arrest the guy and move on thankful you didn't get sued.
    Thank you for helping me prove the point I was making in my original post. That with the way things are now and seem to be heading people have less and less reason to stop and try to help another person that is in trouble/possibly life threatening situations.

- - - Updated - - -

Target isn't required to have a security team for their store. Nor is any other store.

For your latter point, that's not how things work legally; declining to prosecute someone causing a hazard could mean that in another lawsuit where someone DID cause harm Target would be sued for precedent for allowing someone to chase through their store to harm someone else. Legal things are fun.
    No Target is not required to have a security team for their store, I hope that I did not imply that. What I was trying to suggest is that having such a team in place would either help to prevent such things from happening or at the very least be able to respond much more quickly than waiting for the police to arrive. My local Walmart actually has a police cruiser and 2 officers on the premises 24 hours a day. Now I know most cities can not do that, I think mine can b/c the population here is only 10,500 so it is a very small town. In cities with a much larger population though big retail stores could have a security team in place as a preventative/response measure though.

Not sure what you mean about my latter point. I was just trying to say that it is reasonable to believe that Turner prevented more harm from being done by making sure the attacker was out of the store.

No Target is not required to have a security team for their store, I hope that I did not imply that. What I was trying to suggest is that having such a team in place would either help to prevent such things from happening or at the very least be able to respond much more quickly than waiting for the police to arrive. My local Walmart actually has a police cruiser and 2 officers on the premises 24 hours a day. Now I know most cities can not do that, I think mine can b/c the population here is only 10,500 so it is a very small town. In cities with a much larger population though big retail stores could have a security team in place as a preventative/response measure though.

Not sure what you mean about my latter point. I was just trying to say that it is reasonable to believe that Turner prevented more harm from being done by making sure the attacker was out of the store.
    What I'm saying is that if they did not say anything against Turner, and lauded him as a hero, then another guy did the same thing and ran someone over and trampled them Target could be legally responsible because they encouraged such behavior in their store. That's why you see the "heroes" in these stories "sued unfairly" - because of legal precedent and future events.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    What I'm saying is that if they did not say anything against Turner, and lauded him as a hero, then another guy did the same thing and ran someone over and trampled them Target could be legally responsible because they encouraged such behavior in their store. That's why you see the "heroes" in these stories "sued unfairly" - because of legal precedent and future events.
    Ahh ok now I see what you were getting at. Yeah I can see how that could end up being a problem in the future. At the very least though I don't see a reason that makes any sense to me as to why they would sue Turner.

Ahh ok now I see what you were getting at. Yeah I can see how that could end up being a problem in the future. At the very least though I don't see a reason that makes any sense to me as to why they would sue Turner.
    For chasing him through the store. Depending on state that might not even be legal, period; in some states once they stop being a threat you cannot continue to attack them. It would depend heavily on if he still had the knife, how he was escaping, where he was going, etc.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    For chasing him through the store. Depending on state that might not even be legal, period; in some states once they stop being a threat you cannot continue to attack them. It would depend heavily on if he still had the knife, how he was escaping, where he was going, etc.
    Hmm I have been going under the assumption that the attacker was still armed, and the group was trying to detain him till the cops got there. Though in this case I might make an exception even if he was disarmed after the attack on the basis that he was in a store full of potential weapon. All the attacker had to do once they stopped following him is head to the kitchenware section of the store and he would be armed and ready to do more harm to someone else in the store.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, dude provoked the stabber. Should've just waited until the cops came.

Hmm I have been going under the assumption that the attacker was still armed, and the group was trying to detain him till the cops got there. Though in this case I might make an exception even if he was disarmed after the attack on the basis that he was in a store full of potential weapon. All the attacker had to do once they stopped following him is head to the kitchenware section of the store and he would be armed and ready to do more harm to someone else in the store.
    Most of the knives there are either locked or packaged to prevent immediate stabbing; following would be okay, but chasing with a bat not so much.

hmm i guess you could say its a target rich environment :P

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    https://corporate.target.com/article...arms-in-stores

Target doesn't allow you to bring means of defense into the store, they are in charge of the security of the store.
    The security can't even tough criminals anymore, because of the "Hands off" policy. The idea behind it is to lower risk of security injuries, and lawsuits from the criminals.

In short, if the criminals don't go after being verbally commanded, then that's all that employee can do, without risking their job and life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Targets stock continues to plummet as I predicted it would. I predict they will be out of business in a year.
    their stock is still at $63 a share and is going back up.

They are just trying to milk every dollar they can because they know their consumer base is dwindling. Most of the shit in target you can find a similar version of in Wal-Mart for way cheaper. I feel bad for the guy. He did the right thing, but a greedy corporation called Target shows they only care about the dollar signs and not human lives.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Target employees are not trained police officers; they have zero obligation or authority to stop any violence that may occur in the store.
    No that's not how it works, you are not supposed to be able to shoot men going into little girls bathrooms. Leftists side with the black homeless felon who stabbed the 16yo blond girl over the men trying to stop the black homeless felon who stabbed someone outside the store from hurting other people. Its working as intended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    No they don't. Predatory behavior in a bathroom is still illegal. Only morons think that allowing trans people access to bathrooms means predators are now allowed to pursue victims legally.
    Here is a bearded man that thought so just after Targets decision.
    http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/04...busted_in.html

- - - Updated - - -

I actually said both were scum, but thanks for playing.
    Ok are they equal or is the black homeless convicted felon that stabbed the 16yo blond girl worse than the Hero that tried to stop the black felon from stabbing more people than he did in the parking lot?
    Last edited by CMartel; 2016-05-23 at 01:54 AM.
    People are unused to truth.
    People follow consistent truth.
    Respect the power and impact of truth.
    Men who speak truth drive value.

Quote Originally Posted by CMartel View Post

Ok are they equal or is the black homeless convicted felon that stabbed the 16yo blond girl worse than the guy that tried to stop the black felon from stabbing more people than he did in the parking lot?
    Is this seriously a question? That this goes through anyone's mind is amusing, but then I remember it's' you, race-baitin' and asking stupid questions.

Quote Originally Posted by CMartel View Post
    No that's not how it works, you are not supposed to be able to shoot men going into little girls bathrooms. Leftists side with the black homeless felon who stabbed the 16yo blond girl over the men trying to stop the black homeless felon who stabbed someone outside the store from hurting other people. Its working as intended.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a bearded man that thought so just after Targets decision.
    http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/04...busted_in.html

- - - Updated - - -

Ok are they equal or is the black homeless convicted felon that stabbed the 16yo blond girl worse than the Hero that tried to stop the black felon from stabbing more people than he did in the parking lot?
    That man was arrested...what he did was illegal. Here's a fucking clue for you since you don't seem intelligent enough to figure this out on your own... If someone wants to walk into a bathroom to perform predatory actions, the sign on the door isn't going to stop them. It never has before and it's been illegal. The idea that allowing trans people to use the bathroom is allowing predators access is one that comes from some of the dimmest people in the world. Predatory action in bathrooms is illegal. Always was, always will be. You're just ignorant and want to blame the trans people who just want to piss comfortably because you're scared of them.

Also literally nobody is siding with the man who stabbed someone. You're just too dim to see that there are 3....count them (if you can)....3 sides to this story. People are saying that target was not responsible for the actions and thus shouldn't be sued for what happened, target is suing the man because he escalated the situation.

Another good reason to not vote at target, already don't because It feels like the snobby turtleneck woman store, when you walk in your greeted by women's cloths and jewlery, two things i hate as a 22 year old straight dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Another good reason to not vote at target, already don't because It feels like the snobby turtleneck woman store, when you walk in your greeted by women's cloths and jewlery, two things i hate as a 22 year old straight dude.
    Target has voting booths?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Target just instituted a policy which inadvertent, yet obviously, allows predators access to females in the restroom.
    Only in an alternate reality where pretadors actually go into restrooms in broad fucking daylight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post

Now they're suing a guy who prevented a murder.

They clearly don't care about about their customers safety and should be sued fined and run out of business.
    Ah, apparently predators would see the "women" sign on the door and go "whelp! Guess I'll have to predator somewhere else!"