Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Thats not relevant. Its simply hypocritical to spout off about diversity... and NOT have a diverse staff.
    Pretty much everyone arguing for diversity does that stuff.

Could someone provide the context for that picture >.> . Where did it come from?

Clearly some of the women in that picture used to be guys.

Thats not relevant. Its simply hypocritical to spout off about diversity... and NOT have a diverse staff.
    I'm not exactly sure where you get they don't have a diverse staff off this one picture with no context. Are you now extrapolating that their outfit hires no men or black people from this picture?

Deleted
    This thread is about journalistic hypocrisy and the editorial staff at Huffington Post

The picture I linked with the HuffPo article titles only appeared this morning so this is the first time I've seen it

Note that I am of course against quotas, but what about a 30% quota of men at HuffPo, and at least 20% minorities
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-05-23 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    This sort of thing is amusing to me because obviously OP feels threatened by the same sort of conditions that women have had to endure in order to have a conference room that looks like that.
    It is worrisome (not threatening) to see that the group telling us we need to be diverse, because diversity works, is itself not diverse. What that suggests is that they themselves don't believe diversity works. If they believed what they were selling, they'd be buying into it too.

That being said, we don't know what the whole company looks like, for all we know this could be a women's group meeting within the business. If this is their management team, however, then we know where they stand and it gives other organizations everywhere the right to hire as they see fit with no regard to diversity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Do you have a quota for useless posts?
    You know, I could ask you the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    What is the context of this picture? That would be some information the OP should provide.
    That's an editor's meeting for the Huffington Post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    We've tried this thread like three times now and each time it gets locked because of gender/race.

Yet somehow a thread about "Should women be able to show thier tits?" is allowed to go 22 pages. I mean tits are great and all, I love me some tits, but a little bit of consistency would be great.
    Yeah and $10 says it's the same specific mod that locks it every time. The bias gets old fast.

But yeah as for the topic at hand, I find this hilarious. HuffPo are such hypocrites and they somehow fail to realize it. I'm sure they've got some great defense for this. Maybe Rhonda from accounting is one quarter Chickasaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Yeah and $10 says it's the same specific mod that locks it every time. The bias gets old fast.

But yeah as for the topic at hand, I find this hilarious. HuffPo are such hypocrites and they somehow fail to realize it. I'm sure they've got some great defense for this. Maybe Rhonda from accounting is one quarter Chickasaw.
    I personally don't have much issue with Endus, I just wish the staff over all would show some form of consistency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    This is like the third time I've seen this posted here.

There are a few Asian girls at that meeting but yeah, no guys.
    It is thread number 4, Endus will not be happy.

The OP should have claimed they wanted to murder all men, then it would have been acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Deamon002 View Post
    That's an editor's meeting for the Huffington Post.
    Ahh okay, now I can google this! Thanks~

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    You know, I could ask you the same.
    You could but when you already know the answer is either no or I'm really bad at meeting my quota, theres not really a point... actually, perhaps you will ask.

I don't really have concern for the demographics of a company, even if they don't represent me. I don't know, are we saying companies need be some kind of representative government? The whole mentality is just a foreign one.

If you say we need more women on boards because we need female representation, you'd have to accept more straight white male representation too. But you're also saying a woman is a particular type of person who can't relate to men... which seems awfully contradictory to most 'left' or 'liberal' teachings.

Deleted
    Where are the people of color? No handicapped men and women? Only cis gendered white women?

I saw a post that showed how the NRA has more diversity than the huffington joke LOL

Diversity for its own sake is pretty arbitrary and a useless shot in the dark. When you diversify all you do is spread risk, and increase the odds of doing something wrong, since your mainstay was doing fine beforehand. "We need different voices" isn't a reason for diversity since companies have done just fine without it. If they find someone with a revolutionary idea (which they do, and thus succeed from it) then that isn't really diversity, it's just finding a really good idea and investing in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Well, I'm not bothered with the picture in the OP. Just like I wouldn't be bothered if it were all white guys, or black guys or whatever else.

I'm not sure why suddenly anyone else that is against gender quotas would be bothered. Is this a case of hypocrisy ?

Also, realize that 90% of conference rooms in the business world are white men only.
    The point is, how can you preach diversity when you don't practice it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Where are the people of color? No handicapped men and women? Only cis gendered white women?
    That was the original joke...

*Posts picture of 14 people from a company with hundreds of employees*

Look guys! They aren't as diverse as they claim to be!