Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    lfr nerfed
    come on please
    LFR was always faceroll
    Last edited by King of Gaming; 2016-05-23 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Pretty much correct.

WoW is not an MMO anymore. That's why it's losing subs. There's no reason to sub.

Antisocial tools and extreme "accessibility" that enable players to consume expansions and patches in a month, alone, while the droughts between remain very long. Why sub?

If WoW is to be a single player game, it ought to be more like SWTOR is now, with emphasis on story and RPG. The hell with the faux-cooperative multiplayer.
    So you're saying people quit the game because they're playing all of the game has to offer?Like they should be able to?

I will not even bother with the antisocial tools since im tired of this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Players are anti-social, not the game.
    There are more opportunities to form friendships by experiencing content with players outside of your "safe" circle.
    You just have to be willing.

Players create the barriers, not blizzard.
    Exactly. You are arguing against yourself. We all have a decade of hindsight in the genre now, and are discussing gamers who are introverted to begin with. Players can choose to interact, but given the choice, they don't.

A genre that's supposed to thrive on player interaction needs to force it, somehow, with tools and incentives for cooperative play. I admit my own cognitive dissonance on this. I don't always care for such design myself. I think I would actually like WoW more as a single player (or optional cooperative) RPG.

But right now it's neither a good single player or MMO game. It needs to pick a direction.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    OP, thanks for your in-depth insight on why WoW is failing. Will the REAL SLIM SHADY PLEASE STAND UP?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    This is an opinion, not a fact. An opinion with which I disagree with.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    If WoW suddenly undid all of the things its players feel are the reason it sucks, it'd die. In a gaming environment where the modus operandi of successful developers is quicker, faster rewards for less effort, a game which demands nothing but time-consuming grinds would stick out like a sore thumb. Sure, the WoW purists will be happy but it would assuredly be the end of the game as we know it.
    It's already happened and it's already dead.

The entire playerbase for PC MMOrpg games is reducing. Partially because people are buying more portables in stead of gaming computers, and partially because nearly everyone that has wanted to play an mmorpg has done so. The same metric applies to wow. There aren't enough people out there with comparable computers that want to try WOW, so all that's left is a playerbase that is either playing another game type(dota fps..ect) or another mmorpg. And of those, nearly everyone that was going to try wow already has. So, it makes sense that numbers are reducing. There is a very high chance wow will never reach record subscription levels again.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Man, if only all the armchair devs here and around the internet would band together and/or go off on their own and design these amazing games that apparently everyone will love and enjoy...

It loses players because its subscription, noone wants to pay every month for a video game anymore, if it keeps this no matter how many changes it will make it can only go down

Quote Originally Posted by DoflamingoGT View Post
    It loses players because its subscription, noone wants to pay every month for a video game anymore, if it keeps this no matter how many changes it will make it can only go down
    Partially true.There are people that would still pay but it will be less and less over time.I know people that don't play WoW simply because of the month fee.I believe if it was B2P would be better but,maybe that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Gaming View Post
    Easy as in a boss being easy to defeat. That plays no role in whether people subscribe or not. I would even argue that an easy game is gonna attract more players, most people aren't looking for hard games. The only thing that has gotten "easier" is to access content.
    So, easier.

It can be tricky sometimes, but words usually mean what they mean.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

No it's because selfie camera for first content, and then nothing for 15 months after the 2nd content. No content = loss of subs.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by King of Gaming View Post
    Why do people still watch superhero stories from superheroes that are almost 100 years old?
    Why do people still watch Star Wars? The original movies are from the 70's and 80's and the new movie is just a remake of the original story.
    Why do people still play games like Counterstrike or even Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3 or the original Starcraft?

Then you look at WoW, a game that isn't like it used to be in Vanilla anymore at all. Everything has changed. We have new player models, we have an updated world since Cataclysm, we have better graphics, we have completely different talents and talent "trees" and every expansion releases new content. Fresh new content. The game is constantly trying to reinvent itself.
    The people that still play/watch those are a subset of those that did play/watch them.

I don't think Pokemon is any different. It may be more popular in raw numbers than say WoW but I don't think it has maintained it's peak either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    The people that still play/watch those are a subset of those that did play/watch them.

I don't think Pokemon is any different. It may be more popular in raw numbers than say WoW but I don't think it has maintained it's peak either.
    Maybe it didn't but i don't think most of the Pokémon player base care that much.Most spend time speculating over little things.And also Pokémon or most of other games are based on sells not subscription so its player base can oscillate a lot from 2 years or more,unlike a sub based where is change monthly.

And to be honest the subscription ups and down is a mess.People quit for any reason,some for normal reasons...
    -I finish the story...
    -I don't wanna pay monthly fee
    -There is nothing to do
    -Its repetitive and boring

Some are just bullshit...
    -They nerfed my class unsub
    -Im not forced to talk to people
    -1k people unsub,i will unsub as well
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2016-05-23 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Because you are able to do the content, and want to do it.
    People do raid it therefore killing that argument.
    If LFR was "the whole experience" then why would anybody raid higher, because it is not.

Did you even read my post? Where did I mention LFR?

The game demands more commitment. That is the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Hm. I thought you had to kill bosses on heroic to get mythic gear. Has that changed?
    You can get mythic gear through the garrison missions once you killed enough bosses in that raid

Quote Originally Posted by quintpp View Post
    Seems like everyone have their expert opinion on why wow seems to be failing.
    With hundreds of possible reasons, the probability that one of them is true is rather high tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Some are just bullshit...
    -They nerfed my class unsub
    -Im not forced to talk to people
    -1k people unsub,i will unsub as well
    No, these are just "I don't enjoy playing the game anymore, so I will make up something that will logically justify my decision of stopping playing"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Actually, it is.
    Why people keep playing CS then?

Also, the game isn't old. Every expansion is basically a new game. If you compare vanila to legion nothing, even ui, is the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    For me it's just that the combat is so out-dated and boring (for the most part).

Then again that goes for any game with tab-target combat... It just doesn't feel the same after playing MMOs with decent action combat (like TERA).

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    Just because you have access to it doesn't mean you have it all presented to you on a silver platter.

You have access to literally all the content and always had. How many mythics have you raced for, or perhaps raced for world first Kael?

No? Thought so. The game hasn't shifted in it's accessibility, just the variety of how you can access it.

/thread
    This.

There's less of a grind to access shit, but mechanically the game has never been more of a challenge than now. In content that's MEANT to be challenging, that is.

People being constantly challenged by the Classic leveling grind, the "mechanics" of that time and dying like flies to leveling AI because they are too damned stupid to learn from simple mistakes are by no means the people the game should be tuned around...since then we'd be back to 1 or 2 boss mechanics consisting of fire and a knockback.

WoD saw the biggest sub loss to date because there wasn't enough content for those NOT raiding. The raiding community, especially the Mythic percent, have been pretty damned challenged by their content.

Proper raiders, won't settle for LFR. Those that do either can't raid properly for whatever reasons, or don't want to and as such they wouldn't do it if LFR was gone.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-05-23 at 03:05 PM.