Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You're right, there are no Kangaroos in Austria.
    Wrong!
    http://www.thelocal.at/20150128/runa...ustrian-garden
    There are kangoroos in Austria. Austria confirmed as Europe's Australia. Only landlocked. And less poisonous/venomous things. And no desert. Except the one you can eat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Most ppl here cannot even pinpoint Austria on a map, so dont expect useful comments. Some even would confuse Austria with Australia and wonder why "Downunder" has scheduled a presidential election.
    I was actually pretty close....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    These statistics are interesting:

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36362505
    Not surprising. White collar workers have little fear of their jobs being lost to unskilled foreign workers. They are detached from the problems of mass immigration and refugee issues. Women are more liberal across nearly every standard of political grading. Women bafflingly support more middle eastern refugee immigration in Europe, despite the fact they are overwhelmingly the victims of these people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Nothing new there. Uneducated people tend to blame others for their own shortcomings.
    True, however Austria has quite an educated population, it's jobs that are the problem. Also, the fact that almost 50% of people wanted to vote with a nationalist leader kind of shows the opinion of the people regarding immigration. The other guy won simply due to correspondence votes, many coming from outside the country. Just think of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    True, however Austria has quite an educated population, it's jobs that are the problem. Also, the fact that almost 50% of people wanted to vote with a nationalist leader kind of shows the opinion of the people regarding immigration. The other guy won simply due to correspondence votes, many coming from outside the country. Just think of that.
    The funny thing is that 40% of VdB's voters stated that he voted from him primarily to prevent Hofer. Talk about being popular as a person. x)

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Why should we care? What's Austria anyway?
    The thread title clearly states "Austrian", sooo...don't read the thread if you don't care? I think we have enough threads about Great Britain etc., though, for one thread about Austria to be justified.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Women are more liberal across nearly every standard of political grading. Women bafflingly support more middle eastern refugee immigration in Europe, despite the fact they are overwhelmingly the victims of these people.
    To be fair, the FPÖ is known for being more in favour of traditional family roles etc., which women don't necessarily like.
    In general, it's similar to the US: Men and low-educated people are more likely to vote for right-wing parties, while women and people with a college degree etc. tend to vote left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    It's actually insane to suggest America will abandon free voting if Hillary or Trump win. Insane.
    No, its not, in special considering the fact trump is a right wing populist.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-05-23 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Where is xskarma if a job needs to be done?

You saw the numbers though. It was the manual workers that voted for him.
    Immigration might be an issue but politics like Hofer is not the answer. Europe has been down that road befor and it does not lead anywhere good.

Deleted
    I am happy the austrian right wing populist wasnt voted into office.

Except the one you can eat.
    And it's super yummy too

Deleted
    Immigration might be an issue but politics like Hofer is not the answer. Europe has been down that road befor and it does not lead anywhere good.
    I agree that guys like Hofer are not the answer... however people are voting for guys like him because the current people in power totally ignore what the general people want. People feel so ignored that they resort to taking extreme actions. And now almost 50% of the people voted for a super nationalist guy, that's huge!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    The funny thing is that 40% of VdB's voters stated that he voted from him primarily to prevent Hofer. Talk about being popular as a person. x)
    And 67% voted for Hofer because he was more likeable? Yeah, ok thanks for contributing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I voted white, couldnt decide which one I thought more incompetent than the other.

Hofer is a rightwing nutjob and VDB just like our useless goverment delegates all responsibility to the EU.
    Which means we will continue to get flooded with refugees because other than sweden and germanynobody thinks about doing anything, be in competition for the great companies e.g. jobs with other countries who have lower taxes and no welfare system to support and the same welfare system will continue to be abused from people from all over the globe. This country is screwed anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    This country is screwed anyway.
    The right wing scum wasnt voted into office yet in austria. So there is still hope for the country.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree that guys like Hofer are not the answer... however people are voting for guys like him because the current people in power totally ignore what the general people want. People feel so ignored that they resort to taking extreme actions. And now almost 50% of the people voted for a super nationalist guy, that's huge!
    That´s not entirely true. The ones currently in office are unbelievably bad at highlighting the accomplishments they achieved and clarify the lies the far right produce on a daily basis. On the other hand, i imagine it´s quite hard keeping up with the nonsense propaganda the far right come up with.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    And 67% voted for Hofer because he was more likeable? Yeah, ok thanks for contributing.
    I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2016-05-23 at 04:48 PM.

It is huge and hopefully an eye opener.

That´s not entirely true. The ones currently in office are unbelievably bad at highlighting the accomplishments they achieved and clarify the lies the far right produce on a daily basis. On the other hand, i imagine it´s quite hard keeping up with the nonsense propaganda the far right come up with.
    Sorry but this is simply not true. Our government has no marketing problem, they are really this incompetent. We have a long tradition of political incest, where who you know is more important than how skilled you are. Our government is pretty much what came out of it. Or what achievements do you think deserve praise? I am not trying to be sarcastic, just curious. Because IMO for the last 10 years they have barely done anything right.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2016-05-23 at 04:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I didn't mean to offend anyone.
    I wasn´t offended. ^^

Though here we can see only 12% voted for him because of the migrant crisis.

Deleted
    I wasn´t offended. ^^
    I was more in favour of VdB, so there is that. I am just saying that "preventing Hofer from becoming the president" was an extraordinary strong motif to vote for VdB this time. Which isn't entirely surprising, but I still didn't think that it would be that far ahead of "experienced and competent".

15+ Year Old Account
    You can almost hear Haider's boney fists slamming on his table in hell where he sits together with Saddam and al-Ghaddafi playing monopoly.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!