Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    You think ol triggly puffer is hot? She is a disgusting hog beast, I wouldn't touch her with a 10 foot pole. She should be ashamed of her unquenchable thirst of shoving food down her mouth. She hates the patriarchy but its the patriarchy that has allowed her to sit back and scoff her face with sugar and fat laden cake instead of hunting game as many people did not too long ago.
    What does someones physical appearance have anything to do with this argument? Are you insecure about yourself you need to put others down?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    no i said "fat things like that should be ashamed"
    That makes it better.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Perhaps if you took shower?
    I shower every day, but after I take a shit, I am sure my asshole doesn't smell like roses, just like everyone else's. Opinions are like assholes, we all have one and they all stink.

7+ Year Old Account
    no i said "fat things like that should be ashamed"

if i said "men like that should be ashamed" would that me saying all men are bad? i don't think so

get your mind out of the gutter if you can't deal with a factual description of a person there is something wrong with you
    Lol.

In response to: "Funny because they haven't banned conservative opinions, just blocked people from publicly shaming a person they don't even know."

You stated and only stated: "fat things like that should be ashamed"

This won't go away. It's clear what you did and then denied doing. Your bizarre leaps of logic won't change that.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

I find the idea that a platform is deliberately silencing conservative views preposterous. There are no shortage of conservative views on Twitter.

It seems infinitely more likely the person did something wrong and then proceeded to hide behind being a conservative in order to make herself a victim. Pretty pathetic really. It's the same strategy used by the likes of Sarkeesian.

7+ Year Old Account
    she is fat its a fact
    its a accurate description of who she is as a person

"Fact" its no different from saying man or woman or girl or short or tall or white or black or blond and so on

i know there are people out there who get offended at being called a "man" or "woman" as well
    And the fact is:

In response to: "Funny because they haven't banned conservative opinions, just blocked people from publicly shaming a person they don't even know."

You stated and only stated: "fat things like that should be ashamed"

You then claimed no one was doing what you just did above. It's ok. You see if you had said, "People like her who make arguments like she did should be ashamed" you would not be attacking her for being fat as you did above. You didn't, instead you said responded to a point about her being shamed by people for her looks, by saying she should be ashamed for being fat.

Most adults understand this point. I am not sure why you don't. Well that's not true. You got caught and are busy trying to cover for the childishness of what you wrote.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    What is a trigglepuff? New pokemon?
    It's a mascot of SJW's

Deleted
    that is so fucked up they are not even giving a real reason for the ban just "we disagree" so here is a ban
    I can relate to that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    What does someones physical appearance have anything to do with this argument? Are you insecure about yourself you need to put others down?
    I don't care what somebody looks like when they sperg out the way she did, but for her being fatter did make it more funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Not sure why you think commenting on her looks strengthens any arguments against her actions. It's rather childish behavior. Most people grew out of that after leaving elementary school. You apparently haven't. Oh well.
    I don't care what somebody looks like when they sperg out the way she did, but for her being fatter did make it more funny.

Nobody ever grows out of it either, I and other guys tell fat people at work that they need to work out and eat better every chance I get. Its always the same 'I know I know I am trying to get healthier' as they scoff 2 meat pies and a muffin. If you're fat I hope you work in an office m8 because if not you will get ridiculed either in front of or behind your back. I prefer doing it infront.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

7+ Year Old Account
    she is fat = Fact
    she should be ashamed of herself = Fact

put 2 facts together = still a fact

if you get offended by facts there is something wrong with who you are as a person
    Lol. I love facts. That's why I keep posting your own words doing what you claimed no one did. Don't run away from that. Embrace your childish posts. It's not like you are the only one who thinks commenting on a persons looks strengthens their arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    she is fat = Fact
    she should be ashamed of herself = Fact

put 2 facts together = still a fact

if you get offended by facts there is something wrong with who you are as a person
    She shouldn't. I have a lot of friends that are fat and I don't tell them to be ashamed

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure you do. You after all said: "She is a disgusting hog beast, I wouldn't touch her with a 10 foot pole. She should be ashamed of her unquenchable thirst of shoving food down her mouth. ". Thats not caring what somebody looks like?

Nobody ever grows out of it either, I and other guys tell fat people at work that they need to work out and eat better every chance I get. Its always the same 'I know I know I am trying to get healthier' as they scoff 2 meat pies and a muffin. If you're fat I hope you work in an office m8 because if not you will get ridiculed either in front of or behind your back. I prefer doing it infront.
    Actually most adults grow out of your childish behavior. There are those that are so insecure that they need to attack others appearance to make themselves feel better. It would appear that you fall in that category. I am not surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twitter is a private business that should be able to deny service to whomever they please.

These people can just go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Sexual orientation is a protected class, political orientation is not, basically.

And that's if we presumed that these were politically-motivated bans, which is not something for which there's been any real evidence presented.
    It might be in Canada, but it certainly is not in the US. This is why seemingly easy sexuality issues get muddled up so easily down here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Sure you do. You after all said: "She is a disgusting hog beast, I wouldn't touch her with a 10 foot pole. She should be ashamed of her unquenchable thirst of shoving food down her mouth. ". Thats not caring what somebody looks like?

Actually most adults grow out of your childish behavior. There are those that are so insecure that they need to attack others appearance to make themselves feel better. It would appear that you fall in that category. I am not surprised.
    No I don't care. But like the majority I will point out and laugh at fat people doing cringe things. I will never grow out of my childish behaviour Not insecure though because so far I am breezing through life. How are you going in life? Got a house and family yet? In college debt? Other debt? Just because people like a good banter online doesn't mean they are missing things from real life my friend. Before you ask, my picture is in that 'pic of yourself' thread, best roast I have had so far is that I look like a garden gnome. What do you think?
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    They have every right to do whatever they want with their products.
    No, not so fast.

If they select which tweets to show they are partially responsible for the contents, and people could sue twitter for everything that is published; similarly as how a newspaper works. In that case twitter would be their product - and their responsibility.
    The state can give them immunity from such lawsuits (similarly as the post office isn't responsible for any death threats, copyright infringements, etc, sent as letters) - and in return ask for something - such as no censorship.

I don't think they exactly have to avoid censorship in this form (at the moment), but I haven't looked closely at the relevant laws.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2016-05-23 at 04:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Endus, though this might have been already posted...

https://i.sli.mg/6qS9Cr.jpg
    I'm not sure why you think that's over the line. They were misrepresenting Facebook's actions, on Facebook, so Facebook banned them. The final, where it says the ban is 30 days, makes it clear this wasn't her first time breaking those rules.

There's zero evidence that this had anything to do with anyone being "conservative". That's the part that there's never been any evidence for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It might be in Canada, but it certainly is not in the US. This is why seemingly easy sexuality issues get muddled up so easily down here.
    Not in every State, but in some States, it is, including the State where the bakery in question was located. Hence the ruling.

It was in Oregon; here's the State's website detailing the civil rights law for the State, with a list (including sexual orientation) partway down; https://www.oregon.gov/boli/CRD/Pages/C_Crprotoc.aspx

7+ Year Old Account
    No I don't care. But like the majority I will point out and laugh at fat people doing cringe things. I will never grow out of my childish behaviour Not insecure though because so far I am breezing through life. How are you going in life? Got a house and family yet? In college debt? Other debt? Just because people like a good banter online doesn't mean they are missing things from real life my friend. Before you ask, my picture is in that 'pic of yourself' thread, best roast I have had so far is that I look like a garden gnome. What do you think?
    I think I don't care what you look like. It meaningless to what goes on in the forum. It's meaningless to the quality of the argument. And I had no doubt you would have no interest in overcoming your childishness. It's your defense mechanism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Not quite true. Depends on where you live. Illinois, New York and California for example have laws that do indeed provide protected status for sexual orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    Yeah, well Twitter shadow banned one of Trump's tweets as well -- and then immediately denied they did so, but seems to be substantial evidence.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/0...d-trump-tweet/

But that's ok, Trump won't have to file the lawsuit personally, congress is already gearing up to go after both Facebook and Twitter for violations of anti-trust laws, false advertising, betrayal of public trust, and I think they should be able to make a case for violations of laws prohibiting monopolies, especially seeing how Facebook's been buying up the competition. Not so sure is the same applies with Twitter though, but wouldn't be surprised.
    good. something needs to be done at the very least about sites who are served on U.S. soil that claim they do not have to follow our laws when it comes to freedom of speech and censorship. this includes "fan sites" that randomly censor anyone who disagrees with their stand on politics, religion, or sexuality.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Yeah except she's not the first person who's gone through this. Tumblr, Reddit, and Twitter are notorious for shadowbanning people and the fact that its their website doesn't magically make this ok.
    Except for that type of ban is usually only done for a few days, in hopes of simply driving conservatives away, which actually is extremely effective, because most people don't want to stay where they're not welcome anyway, not for long.

Twitter claims they don't discriminate and apply a double standard towards conservatives, and even I don't think they're actually lying. People tend to believe what they want to believe, and if you have honestly and truly believe your own lies, then in your mind, you are telling the truth.

But the real truth is reflected in Twitter's stock prices, which, over the past year has dropped from approx. $40/share down to their current price of approx. $14/share.

Twitter has virtually turned itself into a haven for Isis and other vicious terrorist groups, to gang up and attack every and everyone who doesn't share their viewpoint, for their own personal amusement and entertainment.

Unless you are a masochistist glutton for punishment, who enjoys being turned into a giant punching bag for the entertainment of sadists, or a sadist yourself, able to rationalize dehumanizing others, in order to get your kicks and giggles out of beating on them guilt-free, then why would any decent normal sane individual waste their precious time in that type of hate-filled cesspool of a hell-hole?

The world is a wonderful place, brimming with much better options. I think most people here realize this thread is a giant analogy, so that said, I will go enjoy this amazingly beautiful day.