Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Thats a lot of text to say "you get no gear for PVP".

I fully agree with this new system. Raiders and PVPers at the highest level should be rewarded similarly. While I have never been into high end PVP, I understand that people do it because they really enjoy the content. Keeping the gear gap as limited as possible is essential in making both groups feel validated.

You will ALWAYS have assholes in ecah group that say things like

"PVP is too easy and shouldnt get gear"

or

"PVE is just fighting a computer and shouldnt get gear"

But you should just ignore them :^)

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Awesome. Seems like the best system they've put in place up until this point. I really liked Vanilla for PVP because gear was gear. It worked wherever. The decision to start with segregating that gear in Burning Crusade with Resilience just sent them on a long, and imo, wrong path. One of the best things about Vanilla was that you can always progress your character by getting gear relevant to the WHOLE GAME from both PVE and PVP.

You feel like PVPing this week? Great, you can still progress your character for when you get back to raiding.

You feel like raiding and grinding gear this week? Great, you won't be far behind in PVP when you decide to hop into a battleground.

The additional change of having PVP gear matter less is probably my most wanted feature since the beginning of fucking time. I posted about this many times here, on the official forums and sent feedback in game. PVP should be as much as about skill as it can be, while simultaneously providing a constant feeling of character progression. That seemed hard to do, but, as a veteran player, believe this is the best iteration of gear's impact on PVP and PVE in the history of the game.

• You are always progressing your character's power in both areas of content no matter which you choose to do
    • Gear had way more of an impact than skill in PVP. That appears to have been fixed.
    • And most importantly... the "just hop in" accessibility it provides for PVPers and PVEers alike. PVEers might get bored of scripted content and instead of feeling like they have to hurdle a 30ft wall of a gear grind just to be effective in PVP... they can just hop in, and at most ever be ~10 item levels behind. And if you happen to be a raider and already have high item level gear, maybe not even that far behind at all. If you're a PVPer and your guild has an open raid slot and you wanna check it out, or just go in and murder some mobs in a dungeon... you won't feel gimped with your PVP gear. You'll have progressed parallel to your PVE buddies and likely have a similar ilevel.

Well done Blizzard. Legion is shaping up to be the best expansion yet.

As far as RNG boxes go, I definitely understand the complaints, but I prefer the excitement of RNG even if it means a potential string of bad luck. Depending on what that "system to help against getting the same gear" does, we'll just have to see. They might have to have a way to sort of "re-roll" your loot similar to the cube in D3. Maybe you spend X honor + throw your item into a magic box and it will give you another item.
    I've played since Vanilla, just like you. Even back then there was still pvp gear, it was balanced towards survival and required rank to buy. You had to progress through the ranks to get that gear too, but if you didn't keep pvping you would lose rank. Not a lot of people had that gear as a result. Most of them just went and got pve gear because they were raiding anyway and there was no point in doing both grinds when raiding gear provided best throughput anyway.

In TBC, they expanded on the pvp system and introduced arena with pvp centric rewards. A player could buy the previous seasons off pieces for honor but had to use arena points and rating to get set pieces and weapons. This put everyone on unequal footing in pvp (for obvious reasons) and things have been unequal ever since.

The problem with anything they've done since day one is that they expect players to value content that Blizzard themselves devalues. They want you to spend all this time and energy acquiring rewards to improve your character and value that time spent, only to release new rewards that make your current ones obsolete. And they want you to do this every 3-6 months.

And still enjoy yourself and value your time spent.

That's the fucking problem with Wow. If you've acquired one piece of gear, you've acquired them all. If you've defeated a boss, you've defeated them all. If you really value your time you'll go do something else and let this game die.

10+ Year Old Account

forgot a zero

Good. One step closer to removing gear entirely from instanced PvP.

They just need to scale everyone down to 10 and ensure new ability power creep while leveling isn't completely broken. 10-99, 100-109, 110.

If you played on a PvP server and having a problem leveling, tough shit. You signed up for that mess and have no reason to complain how fast you level.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2016-05-24 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    Thats a lot of text to say "you get no gear for PVP".
    Id like to see where you got that from, because that isn't what it said at all. Every single facet of PVP will now have a chance to get you gear. If anything, active players will be acquiring MORE gear than they were in previous expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I've played since Vanilla, just like you. Even back then there was still pvp gear
    There was no pvp gear, only pvp rewards. Tank gear tended to be overly good for PvP (especially resist gear).

In vanilla there was normal, tank, and hybrid gear. Most gear was normal or hybrid.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

... Blue Poster so dumb he doesn't realize that Resilience was introduced in Burning Crusade.

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    ... Blue Poster so dumb he doesn't realize that Resilience was introduced in Burning Crusade.

/facepalm
    The original post was edited almost straight away, mmo champ hasn't updated.

1500s like these changes, cause their excuse for sucking all the time was "oh thats cause they have better gear" and now they think things will be different.. And soon their excuse will be "oh thats cause they have 10% better stats than me" lolol RIP PvP

People still pvp in this pve game?

Quote Originally Posted by AgentStrife View Post
    Personally, I wish Blizzard would give more walls of text, so we can have as much insight into their actions as possible. Bullets are nice, but they cannot replace the value of a discussion explaining its though process.
    I'm not disagreeing I'm basically just calling the person on their silly response. They obviously were looking for an excuse to get pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    There was no pvp gear, only pvp rewards. Tank gear tended to be overly good for PvP (especially resist gear).

In vanilla there was normal, tank, and hybrid gear. Most gear was normal or hybrid.
    http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=grand+marshal%27s
    http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=warlord%27s

You were saying? Not only was there gear created specifically for pvp in Vanilla, it had its own reward structure and ranking requirement, before rated pvp was even invented. In fact, you are still required to get those rankings today if you want to buy the versions of those gear you can transmog (the originals can't be). You have to be 2400 + in rated BGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    PVP Gear and PVE gear should be completely separate in terms of progression.

PVP Items should have the same Item Level as Normal/Heroic Dungeons forever and then when you enter a Battleground or Arena it should scale depending on its quality and season. Keeps PVP gear progression intact without making PVE content worthless down the track.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    I fully agree with this new system. Raiders and PVPers at the highest level should be rewarded similarly. While I have never been into high end PVP, I understand that people do it because they really enjoy the content. Keeping the gear gap as limited as possible is essential in making both groups feel validated.
    True, now if it were similar hard or easy with all classes or at least spec-groups(that tanks will have a harder time in PvP is something that'd be hard to change)...it'd be great. As long as you have to be twice as skilled as a shadow than as a mage to reach similar goals(dps/burst etc.), the smaller gap between PvE and PvP doesn't matter to me at all.

"No disappointment when you get something you don’t."

Why we need disappointment in game? I thought losing a battle is disappointment already, losing few in a row is already depressing, and when you finally win you might get junk?
    Last edited by killbill; 2016-05-24 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roncero View Post
    The original post was edited almost straight away, mmo champ hasn't updated.
    Does not invalidate my point. The guy writing it didn't know. And he works there. On PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    That's the fucking problem with Wow. If you've acquired one piece of gear, you've acquired them all. If you've defeated a boss, you've defeated them all. If you really value your time you'll go do something else and let this game die.
    ...Well aren't you a bundle of joy. Do tell, how much do you value your time? Considering the fact that you just wrote a wall of angry about this game when you don't play it? You being jaded is your problem, not the game's or those still enjoying it.

Funny how games are something one does for fun with spare time, unless that game is WoW of course.
    Why play games at all really? If you've played one, you have played them all, right? If you value your time, go do something else!

Deleted
    Well that's lame, not much of a benefit now if you pvp alot.

Blizz lied. There will be a gear gap in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ...Well aren't you a bundle of joy. Do tell, how much do you value your time? Considering the fact that you just wrote a wall of angry about this game when you don't play it? You being jaded is your problem, not the game's or those still enjoying it.

Funny how games are something one does for fun with spare time, unless that game is WoW of course.
    Why play games at all really? If you've played one, you have played them all, right? If you value your time, go do something else!
    A lot of assumptions here. Do I sound angry? Sure, if you just quote the last part of my post without the rest for context. You don't think I play Wow now? I still have an active sub, and will so long as I can pay with gold. What I'm saying though, is that you need to avoid buying this expansion and playing the game they've designed if you disagree with anything they've said so far, that's the only way they'll understand their own mistakes - if you refuse to participate.

Otherwise, it was just an 'if/then' statement. I don't really care how you value your time on the face of things, it's your time. Spend it however you want...