Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So many ppl in my guild are switching from X to Demon Hunter is really going to fuck up our ranged dps. So kinda yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Everytime I heal a dungeon there's at least 2 DH's in the group. I've seen 1 DH tank as well as 3 DH dps in groups before, actually it's quite often. Sometimes I see a paladin tank or a bear tank but it's mostly DH's everywhere.

There will definitely be a ton of DH's, it's going to be hard to get a spot as a DH in a pug or any other raid unless you roll with a guild. No idea how many people are actually going to go through with maining this class though.

Probably a copy paste of the DK in WOTLK. it will be overrun with DHs..

Quote Originally Posted by Asacado View Post
    We also haven't seen the tuning run yet and from the gist of what I have seen so far, future DH are concerned about self healing and underperforming. I would love to see any new videos from current beta testers about the current builds for DH, especially for havoc as I am thirsty for any knowledge about the class as I can get.
    People who feel DH is slow/clunky probably haven't built properly. The class is incredibly resource hungry. DH also has some of the strongest defenses in the game with situational but crazy powerful self healing.

It looks like the best build to go for is a crit heavy Demonic Appetite, Chaotic Cleave. Something like this Since you're stacking crit hard to get Chaos Strike refunds, Prepared is the best talent in the tier for a crit heavy build. Proper use of Prepared requires very good spacial awareness and timing with boss abilities (It's perfect with PBAOE boss attacks) and in 5mans to avoid pulling trash. Typically I'll run in get about 50% fury, Retreat to get the Fury buff then Fel Rush (to restart the 20% damage buff) towards the end of Retreat (to return you to where you were) then use that to spam Chaos Strikes as much as possible. If lucky you've spawned a ton of soul fragments on this and you can pick them up while Blade Dancing to refill your Fury, Eye Beam (Spam Chaos Strike during your Demonic buff), Retreat+Rush then Meta and keep going.

Using that strategy I've never run into fury starvation issues, in fact I have to try very hard not to constantly cap fury. The more crit you get, the faster the spec gets, it's already crazy fast and theorycrafters will find the crit cap where you theoretically will gain more fury than you can spend.

I've also tanked the last 15% or so of bosses with the use of Blur and self healing off Chaos Strike Appetite souls.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Deleted
    Chaos Cleave seems to be super strong. It is a free havoc for your strongest hitting spell what can go wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Asacado View Post
    Monks were hit with the short stick early on. From Mop's start all the way until Seige of orgrimmar, we were crap and entirely dependent on gimmicks. If it wasn't sha touched weapons, or a trinket from the last boss in an instance and to be carried all the way until then, it was bad. It wasn't until we saw tons of haste on our gear and low energy required rotations that ww was top of most if not all fights. Then we get hit with nerfs in pre-patch and are bad again. All of WoD ww was terrible. We were great for 1-2 weeks in wod's first raid and then the nerfs came in like ghostcrawler was back at ret paladins again. Long and short, I am not mad about a 2 button rotation. I've played arcane, and I like that.
    Brewmaster has been the most ridiculous tank we've ever seen right up until 6.2.
    MW has been solid.
    WW has had patches where it was top 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    remember doing Hellfire Ramparts with 5 dks? :P
    I do remember that, but I fail to see the connection. That time they released DKs into the world at lvl 58, forcing them to level through a whole expansion when everybody else already had travelled to the next one. This time DHs will level alongside the other classes, meaning healers and tanks will be around to do dungeons with.

Deleted
    I dont really mind the absurd amount of demon hunters, i will stand above them the second i create mine.

Part of me wants to not create a DH purely on the fact that everyone will play one. At the same time though I want something different, something new. When MoP dropped the first thing I did was level a monk from 1-90 and mained him through MoP and a bit of WoD. Now that they have been nerfed into the ground (and MW, personally, looking kind of stale) I want to mix things up again and DH will do that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Antrix View Post
    I know it was the same with DK and it equaled itself out but do you ever or should i even be worried about the number of DH in Legion??

I struggle every exp to pick my main and had it down to SPreist or a Demolock but i want to try DH but think i will struggle to get a new raiding guild since mine imploded after WoD ended. I know it's me who plays the game and pays for it but am i right to be concerned or should i stuff it and play whatever i want.
    I think everyone is in the same boat, at least those who are considering the change. Looking back on DKs, during the late night/early morning hours of WotLK, people stormed toward it as we know. That was fun by the way, regardless of how painful it was to get quest objectives completed. Anyhow, people will roll one because the class is flashy, Illidan is involved, and/or individuals care about the class. Personally, I genuinely care about DHs. I'm huge fan of the lore, since I started a few months prior to TBC and got to progress through all of the raids during that time. Not only that, I tend to play classes with high mobility and this one is making me scream inside. These are reasons I'm changing from a Mistweaver, after four years of playing mine — I'll still play my monk very close to my DH though.

Back on topic, what you mentioned is something to worry about at first and should die down eventually. However, this time is different. They're introducing the DH class a week (?) before the gates open up. This gives players some time to familiarize themselves with the class. That said, some might look passed it, because of how many abilities are provided. Second, with only two races available, a lot of people are smudging them out entirely. Some hate elves with a dying passion. Lastly, the rest of the classes are looking smexy all-around. If you want to see what's up, give it a shot (watch gameplay videos) or go with what makes you happy. We can only assume what might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    So many ppl in my guild are switching from X to Demon Hunter is really going to fuck up our ranged dps. So kinda yeah.
    I'm quoting you just to let you know that I absolutely cracked the hell up when I noticed your forum avatar.

Deleted
    I come from Brm monk. I had a wonderful experience in WoD, but I can't stand anymore to be playing "le funny class" while everyone else goes full legendary hero. So I switched to DH. To answer OP's question, here's a funny story: Leonard Nimoy, back when he worked as a taxi driver, took John F Kennedy on his cab: the at the time Senator told him: "Lots of competition in your business, just like in mine. Just remember there's always room for one more good one."

I think it'll be pretty balanced after the first month or two. Too many cool ass artifacts to stick with just the DH. I don't even like pallys or shams but I'm tempted to play for the doomhammer n ashbringer. Also the race restrictions will drive some people away.

Quote Originally Posted by Antrix View Post
    I know it was the same with DK and it equaled itself out but do you ever or should i even be worried about the number of DH in Legion??

I struggle every exp to pick my main and had it down to SPreist or a Demolock but i want to try DH but think i will struggle to get a new raiding guild since mine imploded after WoD ended. I know it's me who plays the game and pays for it but am i right to be concerned or should i stuff it and play whatever i want.
    Without an established raiding guild, I would not recommend picking DH. As everyone has mentioned, there will be a lot of them running around, but even more so it is yet ANOTHER melee dps which was already an overcrowded area before they added two more melee specs (DH and Survival Hunter).

The game is about having fun, so pick what you enjoy playing. I would strongly suggest to find a Ranged DPS class that you enjoy almost as much as the DH so that you can easily get into raiding guilds/groups, if that is your main focus.

Not really...

I am already in a top end guild on my realm with a guaranteed raiding spot.

If I come back (debating to see where this Legacy thing goes), I know I'll be maining DH. It will give me an opportunity to start over and hopefully calm my OCD a bit not being able to collect everything from the beginning and just strive to collect everything here on out starting in Legion. Get those PVP achievements etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think you concerns are warranted. I guess it depends on what your guild situation is. If you plan on joining raids as a Pug you're going to have a lot of competition.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    It will suck at first. I am making the main change. I made that choice back when it was announced sight unseen because while I still love the game in some way or another, I was getting bored with the classes to choose from and wanted a play style that was a little different. The DH fit that perfectly once I got to try it out. Not everyone will like it but I'd rather them try it to understand it a little before just dismissing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenyatta View Post
    It will suck at first. I am making the main change. I made that choice back when it was announced sight unseen because while I still love the game in some way or another, I was getting bored with the classes to choose from and wanted a play style that was a little different. The DH fit that perfectly once I got to try it out. Not everyone will like it but I'd rather them try it to understand it a little before just dismissing it.
    Yeah its not an easy spec to play (Momentum build) but its really fun

This argument/observation always baffles me. Why would anyone care about other players? So what if there's poor Demon Hunters, or lots of them? Makes it better when you play well, so people are impressed.