Page 4 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Disclaimer: Just because the critics gave it a good/bad rating doesn't mean it'll be the same for you.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/warcraft/

10 Rotten Reviews

10 Fresh Reviews

Other Sites:
    Metacritic: 29% SN. They gave WoD a 9/10. Food for the thought.
    IMDb: 9/10
    The first thing I care about when I go watch a movie for my personal entertainment, is rotten tomatoes 80-year-old critic reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Wow is dying!!!!
    hello Robert Kazinsky
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

It was/is never going to do very well among non-players, it's really just a generic fantasy tale, no matter how much emphasis they put on the good orcs and teaming up elements. It comes across as a cheesier version of lord of the rings.

I feel it would have been better received if it were actually very dark and grim, like the first two games. Would have been more compelling I think.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    40% of 5 people when Millions will see a movie is irrelevant and doesn't reflect any real statistics.
    Its like an election. Lets ask 5 people on the street who they support when 100m+ are voting. 5 is irrelevant.

Deleted
    The final product brings to mind those animated advertisements for iPhone app games
    Omg now I can't stop seeing this advert:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHskC7JRL9M

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Being "very grim and dark" is not at all refreshing these days...
    For a tolkien-esque fantasy film it probably would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh for FUCKS' SAKE.... learn to think critically people.

from Rotten Tomatoes: Reviews Counted: 5

An aggregation site score with FIVE reviews is meaningless. The 40% comes from the fact that 3 people didn't like it and 2 did. Are you all so dense that you didn't even realize this?

Learn to engage your brains before falling for this.

This review seems promising for WoW fans:

http://www.craveonline.com/entertain...gtown#/slide/1

His main beef is that there are a lot of things in there that only WoW fans will understand. I LIKE that in the movie- I was afraid they would try to cater too much to those who knew nothing about the franchise.

-snips-
    10chars
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Being "very grim and dark" is not at all refreshing these days...
    Do you think the generic fantasy tale is refreshing? (No troll, genuinely curious) Discounting a popular TV show adapted from books and a very well written adaption of a book into a movie, in your opinion what would you consider refreshing today?

40% of 5 people when Millions will see a movie is irrelevant and doesn't reflect any real statistics.
    Relevant when you value professional critics over shills.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 10 star review on IMBD is from someone who has played wow for years, doesn't suprise me that they enjoyed it so much :P But who knows, maybe it turned out good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Said critics could also be shills, you're better off not trusting anyone and forming your own opinion.

Tbh it can't be any worse than The Force Awakens.

I've talked to a few people who have seen it and they loved it. 2 of them are Warcraft fans and 1 wasn't. All the people I ask are pumped to see it. As long as it makes money then we will get more and more Soon....Arthas....soon.....

Everyone go see it!

^^^^^^

Millions of people will see it no matter what score it gets. It's Warcraft for crying out loud. WoW has been one of the most influential/popular MMO's to ever exist. People will see it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    No, it's not. RT is an *aggregation* site. The only thing it's good for is seeing if there's a preponderance of opinion which you can only do with enough reviewers - and it's not like each critic is top notch on there.

Fuck, man, even RT itself says: Critics Consensus: No consensus yet.

Try again, troll. But before you do ,learn some statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    29 on Metacritic, based on 4 reviews http://www.metacritic.com/movie/warcraft?ref=hp

"Imagine “Battlefield Earth” without the verve and you get this sludgy, tedious fantasy adventure, a fun-starved dud that’s not even unintentionally hilarious."

I know it's only 4 reviews, but OUCH! Anytime something gets compared to Battlefield Earth... well, you know it ain't good.
    Well BE is a great bad-movie, so at least that redeems it somewhat. I don't think WC will be bad enough to be enjoyably bad.

I'm not exactly going to see it expecting the most intricate Academy award winning movie lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Wooooow, 5 reviews... How about stop reading stuff online, get your but offline, and go watch it when it's out and judge it for yourself.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!