Page 8 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    It is cartoony. World of Warcraft has steadily moved from realism, to semi-realism, to cartoon with MoP. It's not exactly pure cartoon, but it's cartoon with some traits of realism. Extremely stylised and not even close to realism.
    It's never been realistic ... EVER, it's always had memes, immature poop jokes, and pop culture references since vanilla.

If your argument is "Pandas are immature" then I don't think you even played MoP, the themes in the questing and raiding were quite grim and dark.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is cartoony. World of Warcraft has steadily moved from realism, to semi-realism, to cartoon with MoP. It's not exactly pure cartoon, but it's cartoon with some traits of realism. Extremely stylised and not even close to realism.
    And thank god for that. At least artstyle wise. WoW was always more on the cartoony side, but every expansion starting with MoP and a tad bit in Cata they have been designing the art to be more stylized. WoW holds up to new mmos imo artistically at least until you zoom in on the textures.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one ever thought maybe they were paid to say it was a dud? People are corruptible, and there's a lot of game companies that would love to fill their shoes. I will see it and form my own opinion. I don't need a dying profession and biased uninspired morons to tell me what is and isn't good.

People seem to be blatantly ignoring that there are only 5 reviews TOTAL on the film, that is a minuscule sample size.

Also can we be honest. Movie critics take themselves far to seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Relevant when you value professional critics over shills.
    When one of those "professional" critics thinks Dragonball Evolution is worth watching, it really makes you question whether or not their opinion is worth listening to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Relevant when you value professional critics over shills.
    Watch it for yourself. Just because they are "professionals" doesn't mean they are correct about what you will like.

One of them compared it to LotR just because #fantasy, and one of the others gave Dragonball Evolution an 80% and doesn't even know what the film is based off of, and the last one has a clear bias against video game movies.

Also Kotaku ... lol.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-05-25 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    When one of those "professional" critics thinks Dragonball Evolution is worth watching, it really makes you question whether or not their opinion is worth listening to.
    I'm pretty sure Dragonball Evolution was intentionally bad. It makes much more sense if you view it as a simultaneous tribute/parody.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2016-05-25 at 02:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    hehe 5 Rotten Tomatoe critics >> 2k IMDB non-critics. By far. RT has something called credibility.
    Lol, since when?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    It's never been realistic ... EVER, it's always had memes, immature poop jokes, and pop culture references since vanilla.

If your argument is "Pandas are immature" then I don't think you even played MoP, the themes in the questing and raiding were quite grim and dark.
    And? There's a difference between slight references and 'ook em in the dooker'

hehe 5 Rotten Tomatoe critics >> 2k IMDB non-critics. By far. RT has something called credibility.
    hehe my own opinions and opinions of people I respect >>> pompous "reviewers" who take themselves far too seriously.

That being said I haven't seen the movie, I'm not saying it's good or bad, but neither have you so until then don't judge the movie, watch it, and then you can form your own opinion.

Deleted
    It always had silly 'cartoon' references

One of the original BRD quests was to collect Dwarf "fanny packs"

Most of the original Un'goro crater was a Link/Zelda reference.

I'm sure there is others I can't remember

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean Eragon got 250m dollars. Warcraft should at least get that. I dont think it will lose money. My worry is it making enough for a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    And? There's a difference between slight references and 'ook em in the dooker'
    Don't pretend that the poop jokes haven't been there all along, TBC digging through animal poop, or some quests in the "infallible expansion" WotLK like this one. That's just being dishonest.

Also are you implying all of MoP was bad because of one of the starter quests? You are going to throw away every ounce of story, literally thousands of hours of gameplay because of a bad joke? Are you kidding me?
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-05-25 at 03:08 AM.

You should probably check out what these critics say about your favourite movies before blindly following them. They certainly don't represent my interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Did you play it? Sure the zones were pretty, and it had silly looking races, but the actual themes going on in the story at least post max level were pretty dark.
    Even though this is true, apparently the rest of the world has evolved further with all kinds of obscenity making it into prime time. Game of Thrones is one of the examples. While Movie might be on a Narnia side of things, I started playing when I was 13 — and that's the audience Blizzard needs to expand this amazing world and give us more adventures. I will remember what I've been taught my first months in game, applying on guild websites. Raiding 18+ only.

Critics hated transformers and look how well each movie did.
    Critics are full of shit
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Don't pretend that the poop jokes haven't been there all along, TBC digging through animal poop, or some quests in the "infallible expansion" WotLK like this one. That's just being dishonest.

Also are you implying all of MoP was bad because of one of the starter quests? You are going to throw away every ounce of story, literally thousands of hours of gameplay because of a bad joke? Are you kidding me?
    It always had not completely serious quests or w/e but it's just gotten sillier in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Childish or not, it certainly didn't feel like the grim Warcraft we used to know. Wow/Warcraft has steadily been getting cheesier and more cartoony since about 2008.
    Now hold on everyone, this guy has a point, I see it. In vanilla everything was pretty hardcore and savage. Then we got BC and had a raid where we played chess, killed the big bad wolf, and allied with mushroom men...

But then in 2008 it all started changing! We went from such badass themes as fetching toilet paper for dark iron dwarves to hunting down leaders of the Scourge and silly ol' vikings.

Edit: The more I look at it, the more I see it! being invaded by a zany group of ironclad orcs armed with explosives, while now all we have to look forward to is the APEX of cartoonish expansions a DEMON INVASION? It's like watching LOONY TOONS! Dang!
    Last edited by Ghargatuloth; 2016-05-25 at 03:20 AM.

Look, we all KNOW that WoW players will at least somewhat like it because it is our game, the one we've invested so much time into, up there on the big screen. It will be cool just to see the setting, let alone the characters, on the big screen.

The question was always this: Will people who are not WoW players like the movie. And the answer so far is . . .not so much.

I know some people like the lore of WoW, but really the stories are just pretty shitty, generic fantasy stories that one might hear at any D&D session. The lore is SO nothing special at all in this game. So it was always going to be a monumental task for a WoW movie to be anything more than its source material.

I don't believe this movie is going to bring lots of new players to WoW, and if some do come, I doubt they will stay once they see that they will be playing with ten year vets of the game who are jaded and often rude to newcomers. If Blizzard wants big numbers they are going to have to make a new MMO, I think. WoW isn't dead yet but it just isn't going to ever get and hold lots of players again. WoD hastened the inevitable.

WoW players will enjoy the movie. Fantasy nerds might like it some even if they don't play WoW. But your average movie-goer won't think it is good because it probably isn't very good. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear . . .and you can't make a Tolkien story out of Metzen's Green Jesus fantasies.

The rating appears to be based off just 5 reviews at the moment. I'd be concerned if it's still around this rating with about 30 reviews (total count will be around 100-200+ right, for RT that is)