Things you may not know about a hero

So I saw a video yesterday that said there was a way to set junkrat in settings so that his tire bomp auto climbed walls, I didn't even know his tire could climb walls but now I can't figure out how to set it so it autoclimbs any wall it comes into contact with. Anyone know?

There was supposed to also be a way to make Lucio switch between healing modes differently. ALso a lot of people don't seem to know that Lucios right click creates a short range knock back which is good for knocking people down bottomless pits or when hooked by Roadhog getting him out of your face before he blows yours off with his shotgun.

Also noob Pharahs never seem to use the E, which is a long ranged fast missle knock back, again capable of sending people down pits or snipers off their roosts. Another trick is to use it to throw someone into a corner and then fire missles at that corner while they are still being flung there. Again, useful for when roadhog hooks you to get him out of your face. Simply apply E to his chest and GTFO.

Symetra's short range beam becomes stronger the longer it is attached to someone, and her long range pulse's highest strength is when the two circle meters line up, the shot will autofire at a certain point but firing slightly before that point will produce a stronger orb.

Any other hero details that you feel other people don't always know but are useful?
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-05-25 at 02:24 PM.

Deleted

Go to settings > Controls > click the blue box that says ''All Heroes'' > Select Hero of choice > scroll down till you see the "Hero" category > Enjoy

As an avid Junkrat player I feel ashamed I didn't realize the tire could climb until I saw a youtube vid about the hero options myself and he said "You can set Hanzo, Genji and Junkrat's tire to autoclimb walls"

I also didn't know ALL abilities are line of sight bound (Including Lucio's heal <I thought it could go through walls if you stood close enough>, Soldier's Healamajig <Yes, even if you are standing in the lit field, it won't heal if the line of sight is broken with the box>)

Speaking of the lovely maniac, I don't see a lot of Junkrats using their Mine/bomb offensively. It does plenty of damage and most people become disorientated due to the knockback allowing you to finish them off, especially fun in corridors.

Junkrat's beartrap can be put on basketballs (the slightly bigger footballs don't work)

Torbjorn/Bastion:
    While most people are aware you can abuse the moving Platforms at Volskaya industries, there's also an elevator behind the point when defending on Hollywood you can place yourself/the turret on that allows you to peak out over the building.

Mei:
    Something I think should be done more often by Mei players: Use the ice wall to traverse terrain and allow allies without mobility to get to points to rain hell from (*Cough* Bastion and Torbjorn*cough*)

Genji/Hanzo:
    Bastion/Torbjorn giving you a hard time? Find a corner and position yourself so you can see the outer edge of the turret. Alternatively peep out to shoot/throw and keep repeating till they're dead.
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2016-05-25 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post

Go to settings > Controls > click the blue box that says ''All Heroes'' > Select Hero of choice > scroll down till you see the "Hero" category > Enjoy

As an avid Junkrat player I feel ashamed I didn't realize the tire could climb until I saw a youtube vid about the hero options myself and he said "You can set Hanzo, Genji and Junkrat's tire to autoclimb walls"
    Thanks! I've never actually seen anyone do it in any of my games so I didn't think it was possible.

I don't suggest autoclimb on Genji or Hanzo though as you may want to run next to a wall and shoot but instead your hands are grabbing wall and you get screwed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Thanks! I've never actually seen anyone do it in any of my games so I didn't think it was possible.

I don't suggest autoclimb on Genji or Hanzo though as you may want to run next to a wall and shoot but instead your hands are grabbing wall and you get screwed.
    Huh haven't had that issue myself, you still have to jump on the wall for it to activate though. But I can see it happening one of these days :P

Genji's charge forward with the sword can also be done in the air.
    I watched a POTG with him do a double jump and Swift Strike to kill an enemy Pharah in the air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Genji's charge forward with the sword can also be done in the air.
    I watched a POTG with him do a double jump and Swift Strike to kill an enemy Pharah in the air.
    Heh, I had a match a while back where I was playing Pharah, and the enemy team's Genji spent most of the match trying to kill me, in the Brawl. With cooldowns, I was always in the air, but once we got backed into the building, I couldn't get out of range, and he was constantly trying to dash up and sword me. Killed me once with it, but mostly we spent our time faffing about not hitting each other (he's mobile enough to be hard as hell to hit with rockets).

As for my own little notes;

1> Mercy has a second weapon. Hit the number keys, 1 or 2, to swap, by default. Her primary is the staff, with the heal/damage boost, her secondary is a pistol, basically the same as D.Va's when she's out of her mech. Surprisingly decent.

2> Every character has a melee attack. For some characters, this is highly useful, like Roadhog; chainhook someone, then blast/melee in quick succession with almost no delay, for extra "pow". Delays your second shot, but the stun's over by then and they're running, anyway, usually.

3> As noted above, Genji's dash works in three dimensions, so does D.Va's rocket boost.

4> You can use D.Va's rocket boost, and then her Ultimate, to eject and send your mech flying forward until it hits a wall. Great for dumping a giant bomb onto the payload, without having to run in and then run back out of the enemy pack without dying. Combine with #3 to have a flying bomb drop on them over walls and stuff.
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-05-25 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

4> You can use D.Va's rocket boost, and then her Ultimate, to eject and send your mech flying forward until it hits a wall. Great for dumping a giant bomb onto the payload, without having to run in and then run back out of the enemy pack without dying. Combine with #3 to have a flying bomb drop on them over walls and stuff.
    Sidenote: Make it explode over their heads so they have less places to hide

I haven't tried it yet but you can place Symetra turrets on basketballs and knock them into a contested area. This requires some work of course and I typically don't like to put turrets on the ground as they are too easy to get hit by the enemy missed shots or splash damage.

4> You can use D.Va's rocket boost, and then her Ultimate, to eject and send your mech flying forward until it hits a wall..
    It's not flying forward forever. it uses remaining fuel that you had before ulting.

On El Dorado a D.va can guard the door on the left near the edge and when someone comes out at the beginning you turbo boost very briefly to nudge them over the edge.

2> Every character has a melee attack. For some characters, this is highly useful, like Roadhog; chainhook someone, then blast/melee in quick succession with almost no delay, for extra "pow". Delays your second shot, but the stun's over by then and they're running, anyway, usually.
    Something odd I noticed about Reinhardt: Since his left click is hammer melee, his actual melee button does nothing. I tested it hoping for a quick hit or three hit combo but alas no luck.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    On El Dorado a D.va can guard the door on the left near the edge and when someone comes out at the beginning you turbo boost very briefly to nudge them over the edge.
    On Gibaltar you can position yourself outside of the upper exit point for some cheap kills

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tapczan100 View Post
    It's not flying forward forever. it uses remaining fuel that you had before ulting.
    Fair point, yes. It'll stop if it hits a wall, too, though. If I recall, the ultimate countdown is similar in length to your boost duration, anyway, so if you boost and immediately Q, it's not going to run out much if at all before it goes "boom", though.

Other things I've noticed about Reinhardt:

Since he swings right to left on the first swing and left to right on the second, I have the most luck clearing rooms by first stepping left during his first swing, then right on his second. Seems to work well when fighting other Reinhardts as well.

I've had more than my fair share of luck blocking Junkrat's ult by jumping and pointing the shield down. You cant point it completely down, but down and in the direction of the wheel has saved me and my team a few times.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

Very intresting thread thanks for the info!