Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What are some other obvious money grabs Blizzard has done in the past? this one probably ranks up there somewhere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    If that becomes the case, that is indeed a problem and definitely your best/most specific feedback. Dungeons still probably give a good amount of experience relative to other options, though, after this nerf. The focus has been on "rush rush ASAP dungeons" to level, and ignoring the majority of the game content.
    Which new players don't know about, so it's less of a problem for them. It basically only punishes people who level up alts.
    A new player wouldn't just rush one dungeon after another, except he has friends already at high level who tell him to.

In both cases, Blizzard screws them without offering at least a satisfying leveling experience. Just dull grinding!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Official fourms claiming dungeon exp was nerf

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20744684322
    If it hurts you so much that someone CLAIMS that this has happened, maybe you can work on your shock by learning to type words and sentences. Or maybe its appealing to appear as a young child who found a keyboard?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    /tinfoilhat on (But with a dab of truth)

They did it so leveling takes longer and that will make more people buy the level 100 boosts...

/Tinfoilhat off

With this change ill never be leveling a alt from level 1 to 100. So I guess if I want to play a alt ill buy a token so GG blizzard you win.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO level 70 to 80 sucks balls.
    yeah the BC quests are the oldest and they show... with just how annoying and weird they are....
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    What are some other obvious money grabs Blizzard has done in the past? this one probably ranks up there somewhere
    Like right? I know. Whatever because duh. I know right? Whatever because I mean like totally full out. Full on, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    /tinfoilhat on (But with a dab of truth)

They did it so leveling takes longer and that will make more people buy the level 100 boosts...

/Tinfoilhat off

With this change ill never be leveling a alt from level 1 to 100. So I guess if I want to play a alt ill buy a token so GG blizzard you win.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO level 70 to 80 sucks balls.
    No need to wear a tinfoil hat, they even said they were gonna change leveling so people would rather buy the boost

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerfing Dungeons experience gained is one of worst Developers/Blizzard decisions ever, quests are fun when you doing them for the first 1-2 times, but doing same quests over and over again on different chars is boring

They should nerf heirloom stats/dmg and buff heirlooms experience gained instead, like 20% exp increase per item instead of 10%. So heirloomed ppl wont do more dmg than other players but will simply get experience faster.

I have only 3 100lvl chars, but wanted to try out all classes, and boosting chars wont work me because best way to learn new class is leveling it by learning new abils and talents 1 by 1

Was busy with real life stuff and didnt had time to level before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    yes but a new player who sees that it takes FOREVER to get the levels done in dungeons will never do dungeons while leveling, missing some experience with the roles and being worst at the game. Being called bad in the endgame and being frustrated because the games does a bad job teaching you to play it.
    Forever? Come on, let's be real here. Even with questing it takes such a minimal amount of effort. Compare that to the likes of ESO, SWTOR and whatever else there is. And with the way dungeons are right now, they don't teach anything but follow tank and watch him solo things with the occasional heal.

What a genius idea to sell moar boosts. Claps to Blizz.

And less alts fits into their hardcore EQ class fantasy motto
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Well looks like after i level my monk i will never level another alt again.
    300% XP pots will SOAR in price...

Good thing I already have 21 level 100s

yeah i was going to say why dont they do like rift did, and made an outdoor questing thing that you queue for, forget name of it (haven't played rift in a few years) but basically you queue (instant queue cuz it doesn't have any requirements) and you are set in a random area/zone with a bunch of objectives, and everyone is working torwards that

but there's other other little quests you can do along the way, once its all finished, you collect your loot/reward (automatically, via the ui) and then it sends you off to the next, its like free for all questing, with enough areas/zones/quests to keep it fresh at least for awhile

Also rift has the thing where you can de-level yourself down to whatever level you want, and the game essentially believes you are that level, like if you were 100 and wanted to go do loremaster in kalimdor at level 20, click your portrait, choose 20, and poof you are ready to go. Wow has this for timewalker dungeons, but its pretty limited time wise.

Be awesome if one day you'd be able to do any content, at any level you want, or not just dungeons (timewalking) but raids too, but with current ilvl gear or transmog as rewards...

Hell they could even introduce a "veteran" or elite mode, where they scale the quests to your ilvl or level, imagine doing quests in elwynn as a 110, and mobs/objectives are for level 110.

There's tons of great ideas from people over the years, tons of great feedback that they supposedly read and take note on, and repeatedly tell us they do, and yet...we get..timewalking dugneons....on a 2 week rotation *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Urza29 View Post
    Hell they could even introduce a "veteran" or elite mode, where they scale the quests to your ilvl or level, imagine doing quests in elwynn as a 110, and mobs/objectives are for level 110.
    Things like that take time and effort and we know how they feel about putting that into wow..

Deleted
    I guess im the only one who actually is happy with this change? I think dungeon exp has been way too high for way too long. Leveling shouldnt be just spam dungeon finder and get a level per run.
    But judging by the comments and whine on this thread, im probably retarded and wrong

I've been leveling a paladin since this nerf went in (OP on official forums indicated it went in on the 17th) and I really didn't notice. everyone is way over reacting.

each dungeon run was giving about 3 lvling quests worth of xp, now its giving the single quest that it was worth. I could care less. I was still flowing through questing zones like water. Not to mention that even with the change I was only making a minuscule dent in the quests before i out leveled it.
    Last edited by Ornerybear; 2016-05-25 at 07:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    During TBC leveling was a bit harder and slower cas mobs did much more percent dmg to players, but after Cata leveling become so easy that even if quests mobs are 4 levels higher then you still can kill them in 3vs1 without any problems, having no heirlooms but mix of blue dungeon gear/weps,

And nerfing exp gained wont make leveling harder or more fun, it still will be easy but slower.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh no people who did the content at least once don't want to do it over and over again in a time consuming way? HOW DARE THEY!
    Then don't play an MMORPG.

- - - Updated - - -

yes but a new player who sees that it takes FOREVER to get the levels done in dungeons will never do dungeons while leveling, missing some experience with the roles and being worst at the game. Being called bad in the endgame and being frustrated because the games does a bad job teaching you to play it.
    Says you. People did plenty of dungeons at lower levels all through Vanilla and BC, for the game experience, the excitement of dungeons, and for character experience. New players play whatever the fuck they want to play and you can't say what that is or is not, and history proves you opinion to be wrong anyways.

Leveling in an MMORPG is supposed to be more than an aggressively fast faceroll through content. People like you need to take a step back and recognize that for new players it's a ludicrous experience.

And, again, if you hate levelling so much, don't play an MMORPG. It's as ludicrous as someone playing a pen & paper RPG complaining that combat takes too long, or for someone playing Settlers of Catan complaining that too much time is being spent trading resources. If you think those things then you need to accept that the game type itself probably just isn't for you, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Of course you'll just come back and say "No, you're wrong, I love RPGs but I hate levelling," in which case there's really no hope for you at all since your basic concept of the genre itself is deluded.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Unbelievable, people have been crying for years that leveling is too easy and an afterthought and then they address it and now everyone is up in arms.
    Well to be fair not everyone is a nost pleb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, other things maybe done. But they started wrong and now accept that or ignore it please... You cannot defend it.

Right and then they try to level and it takes for fucking ever, so they think to reach 100 they need a week and straight back offline they are. Really great way of retention.
    Then they shouldn't be playing an MMORPG. People who think the game is about rushing to endgame through faceroll content as fast as possible aren't the right kind of players for the game. You shouldn't be obsessed with retaining new players if they're not actual fans of the genre - that's how you get games catering to weird demographics and ending up shitty.

Levelling is supposed to be a fun exploration of and interaction with the game world. That's what you don't get. It might not be fun for you, but it's fun for new players. New players don't even know what BiS means, they don't know what a raid is, and they don't give two shits about who has what gear that they don't have.

Even though you're jaded on levelling doesn't mean the experience isn't a blast for new players, and frankly their fun experience is far more important than your annoyance at the time it takes to level another character without paying $60. They're not making these changes for you.

Yes, but they can try to make it more challenging. But right now they mostly prolong the time spend leveling in this piss-easy-excuse for leveling.
    More. Changes. Coming.

You know what, it doesn't even matter because Blizzard disagrees with you so we don't need to worry about your complaining opinions holding any weight.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    It's not a stealth nerf, they fucking said they were doing it.

Unbelievable, people have been crying for years that leveling is too easy and an afterthought and then they address it and now everyone is up in arms.
    Some people were too busy crying over other things to see those blue posts, twitter posts and forum threads here and at the WoW site. Much like it is better to ask forgiveness then permission it is better for many to cry endlessly and never do any real digging on their own.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I'm actually really excited for this change and the rest that are coming. Me and a friend are planning to resub for a month when all the leveling changes get put in place and level without heirlooms. We tried to do it before but we'd get half way through a zone and we would already out level it.

Now we just need level scaling for older zones. ;>
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-05-25 at 11:02 PM.