Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also I'd rather take the opinion of a fan over critics any day.

Especially with the fact that Metacritic has 10 Cloverfield Lane as a 76 which I thought was a complete waste of time, extremely predictable, and overall garbage, yet they're praising it as suspenseful...
    I find it funny that Alonso Duralde says this about the Warcraft Movie "Imagine Battlefield Earth without the verve, or the unintentional comedy."

Yet he gave DragonBall Evolution 4/5 "You’ll have a ball at ‘Dragonball Evolution’ - It may be silly and occasionally miscast, but Dragonball Evolution never loses steam; the movie is both entertainingly ridiculous and ridiculously entertaining."

Haha yeah; I'll go watch it myself next week when it's out here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    40% on Rotten Tomatoes though? There's just no comeback.
    First, 40% based on only five reviews. You understand that the RT score is just the current percentage of reviews that are considered positive, right? If it winds up with a dozen 1/10 scores and two dozen 6/10 scores it'll still get rated 67% fresh.

Second, Age of Extinction has an 18% on RT and they've got like three more Transformers movies scheduled through 2018. Hell, Clash of the Titans, which was also made by Legendary and has a similar budget, has a 28% on RT and it got a sequel.

"There's just no comeback." Get a clue, man. Seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how the "critic" that says Warcraft is an extremely bland movie called Dragonball Evolution a fairly good adaptation. Fuck him and those that give him a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentyn View Post
    Yet he gave DragonBall Evolution 4/5 "You’ll have a ball at ‘Dragonball Evolution’ - It may be silly and occasionally miscast, but Dragonball Evolution never loses steam; the movie is both entertainingly ridiculous and ridiculously entertaining."
    That's 100% honestly, the WORST movie I have ever seen. The actors gave of a awkward vibe even after the editing, I'd love to know how bad it was prior. Bad actors, given a stupid script that just totally disregarded a 40 year old series - and this guy thinks it's good?

Someone should get in contact, their critic is broken. I guess Blizzard didn't include money with their press showings, because DBZ:Evo must of to get a good review from anyone. I don't trust critics, Reviews or youtubers for their opinions, as most of the time the good is bought and the bad is not. I trust only my own opinion on things, that's how everyone should be.

There's one massive flaw I've noticed from Warcraft, and that's the INSANELY over the top advertising. I genuinely feel like I've already seen half the movie... They went way to far, and they don't appear to be stopping with the releases of clips. I'm also getting a sense of cheesy cringe from it, which concerns me... But I'm willing to give it a shot and make my own mind up.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2016-05-25 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    There's one massive flaw I've noticed from Warcraft, and that's the INSANELY over the top advertising. I genuinely feel like I've already seen half the movie... They went way to far, and they don't appear to be stopping with the releases of clips. I'm also getting a sense of cheesy cringe from it, which concerns me... But I'm willing to give it a shot and make my own mind up.
    It's a flaw in marketing in general for movies. Some trailers just ruin the movie, not because they're bad; but because they try and show off all the good bits. It's terrible, and remember the dubstep trailers? Ugh, their marketing departments are so bad sometimes.

do I need an active subscription to get the transmog items?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevietv View Post
    do I need an active subscription to get the transmog items?
    You need to log in into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ShuraEU View Post
    Just logged in as Horde, then Alliance - got both sets.

However - if you are unsubbed like me, you are fucked, you can't get the transmog from the mail and have to sub within a month to get the stuff out of the mail before the mails get deleted.... ffs!
    I'd have to install the game anyway, which I'm not really interested in doing - unless the game changes even more drastically than what Legion is offering, I'll probably never play again, so i don't care about transmog items. Oh, wait, I could blow some gold for a sub....nah. Don't care.

Same for the beta key thing here - don't really care enough to sub to kill Illidan to get in the contest. And don't really care about trying Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Not true. As long as you have the achievement, you'll get it in the Transmog wardrobe come the patch. You just miss out on the box.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20744634342#6

A 'flop' is a financial loss on the movie, not a critical loss. See: Batman vs. Superman for a clear example of that distinction.

See: Blade Runner as a flop that critics loved.
    There are tons of movies that "flopped" at the box office, but made huge profits running on tons of screens, and then sold a ton in rentals, streaming, and cable rights. Blade Runner has more than paid for itself many times over with rereleases and VHS/DVD/BR sales, and cable sales. I'm pretty sure the Big Lebowski went unnoticed in the theater, but blew up later as a cult classic.

Warcraft will make it's money back, no matter what. It may not be a box office hit - and for money, that's not that important.

"Box office hit!" is a marketing thing, anyway - it just sells more tickets if it sells tons the first weekend. If they get the movie on enough screens, for enough time, it will profit. It will have do really poorly, like selling 10% of available tickets a week after release, for it to fail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valentyn View Post
    It's a flaw in marketing in general for movies. Some trailers just ruin the movie, not because they're bad; but because they try and show off all the good bits. It's terrible, and remember the dubstep trailers? Ugh, their marketing departments are so bad sometimes.
    It's all on Universal and whatever agency they hired, and whoever was green lighting the marketing campaign. In the movie industry...that can change in the blink of an eye - and the people in charge can be people unqualified to be doing it. You'd think Universal would know better, but some kid is probably calling the shots, someone's nephew, or someone who blew all kinds of dubstep fairy dust up the exec's skirts about "reaching the kids".

Every aspect of movie making is political - and trailers are not immune. The people who did the trailers for Warcraft don't get the genre, and have been trying to sell the movie as an action/adventure movie. And the sick thing is, they'll get hired to make more - and get paid a lot of money to do it. It's been a completely wasted opportunity, IMHO.

I am rather relieved at the bad reviews. I have found more often than not that the movies that get good reviews are movies that I find tedious and that I don't like. On the other hand, more often than not the movies that get bad reviews from the critics turn out to be movies that I really like and enjoy watching. I look forward to going to see this movie and make up my own mind. I hope it makes enough money for the studio to invest in sequels since they go by money received rather than review received in their decision over sequels.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Digital spy have given the film a poor rating.
    At the end of the day its how it performs at the box office will determine if another film follows.
    it actually tickles me. the references to Game of Thrones.. WOW is nothing like it. why?
    because generally rampant sex and hardcore nudity isn't really wow's thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ddd View Post
    You need to log in into the game.
    did that, but can't open mail cause its not available to starter edition accounts!

My friend said Disney is paying Critics to bash the Warcraft movie too

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also I'd rather take the opinion of a fan over critics any day.

Especially with the fact that Metacritic has 10 Cloverfield Lane as a 76 which I thought was a complete waste of time, extremely predictable, and overall garbage, yet they're praising it as suspenseful...
    So you'd take the word of someone biased over a neutral party? You just want to hear things that support your view.

Quote Originally Posted by bassfu View Post
    So you'd take the word of someone biased over a neutral party? You just want to hear things that support your view.
    No, I want to hear the views of someone like me who's going into the theater, not someone who's looking for the next culture changing movie.

Also don't forget the Cloverfield part. Seems like you're just picking parts of a post to support your view.

15+ Year Old Account
    My only worry with the movie, airs 10th june here, is not to give sequels because it didnt go well on tickets. thats all, i dont care about lore precision or anything, its a dream come true, warcraft movie! i am sure the sequel will be even better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Well I called it, the movie sucks. Reviews are coming out, it's a flop. Kotaku also has an article up right now about how shitty it is.
    You went to a shitty game site and you read a review from a person who doesnt know shit about movies..... Well done sh*thead

I'd just like to note that I have recently found myself disagreeing with the majority of critic opinion. Batman V Superman and X-Men Apocalypse were both given bad and mixed reviews negatively, and I thought both were great films. Make up your own mind instead of listening to someone else's opinion.

They're no different to ordinary people, they're just paid to scream the loudest.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voskopoula View Post
    My only worry with the movie, airs 10th june here, is not to give sequels because it didnt go well on tickets. thats all, i dont care about lore precision or anything, its a dream come true, warcraft movie! i am sure the sequel will be even better.
    most of the Resident Evil movies were given terrible reviews. but the fanbase made sure more were made.
    I suspect the same will happen with WOW. there's a snobbery with most film Critics on Game/film movies.
    some of the comparisons made with other franchises as I posted earlier like Game of thrones etc. proves they haven't got a clue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    With all of the other review sites external to Rotten Tomatoes giving Warcraft a golden globe of utter flop as well it's not looking so great.
    You don't even know what a flop is. Go educate yourself and then come here to comment. Jesus Christ with all those r..tards that have an opinion without even seeing the movie

Quote Originally Posted by hunterakos View Post
    You don't even know what a flop is. Go educate yourself and then come here to comment. Jesus Christ with all those r..tards that have an opinion without even seeing the movie
    You sound really mad that people aren't liking the movie based on the game you spend your life wrapped around. You'll get over it. Sucks there won't be a sequel though so you best appreciate this one.