Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It's not the tick rates that makes you die around corners. Its the lag compensation favoring shooters. The game server will always believe the data coming form the shooter. The tick could be 150 or 10 but as soon as the server gets the data telling him you got shot by x player to the server will send it to your client. It you died around a corner. It means you were already dead

Explains why I keep getting gibbed by D.Va's ult all the time then..damn, never knew.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

As a csgo player this drives me absolutely insane.

My fps is so shitty, it makes no difference to me. It will appear like I died where I was supposed to
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully in a future patch after the revenue stream has settled they can implement a higher tick rate. Don't see why PCs would need to be held back by consoles when they don't even have a shared matchmaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    It's not the tick rates that makes you die around corners. Its the lag compensation favoring shooters. The game server will always believe the data coming form the shooter. The tick could be 150 or 10 but as soon as the server gets the data telling him you got shot by x player to the server will send it to your client. It you died around a corner. It means you were already dead
    Latency is a factor here, but it's a 2 sided coin. The game has to interpolate data about movements and shots in between the actual rate of receiving data to match the rendered image. A higher update rate generally means the game has to "guess" less to match rendered frames to packet information. Obviously in an online scenario you can never eliminate the requirement for interpolating information completely (because latency actually exists between 2 points), but the goal is to limit the assumptions about player position, ect as much as you can. Unless hardware or regulations are limiting you, there is no reason to not feed players computed data as often as possible. In Overwatch's case it was the latter, since the console TCRs specify bandwidth limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    "But we re all gamers guys!!11!! Doesn't matter if you play on PC or console!!"
    Yeah if your peasantry had no effect on the market and the games I play (FFXIV and Ovewatch) I d agree...

Take care, ignorant mods will probably ban you for stating facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    "But we re all gamers guys!!11!! Doesn't matter if you play on PC or console!!"
    Yeah if your peasantry had no effect on the market and the games I play (FFXIV and Ovewatch) I d agree...
    If PC is so great how come they haven't made PC2?

OT: This issue hasn't really effected me since I spend a lot of my time hiding behind corners as mercy and only strafing out to try and finish people when everyone else seems to be taking cover. xD
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Besides the tick issue, I'm hating most is the LOS issues. This isn't the only game to have it, but it's annoying as hell.
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowbaq View Post
    when reading my post, it wasn't very clear. It's not always as if you got 70ms, it is a maximum lag.
    Think of trains that leaves every 20ticks (every 50ms). When randomly getting in a train, you might wait up to ~50ms, but you might as well wait ~0ms (before the train leaves : before the server send to the other players your movement).

Why don't they increase ticks? Because costs (more server power required, more bandwidth : they litterally calculate and send 3 times the data with a 60ticks server compared to a 20ticks server). I'm not sure of this but i'm confident this is true.
    Also, dont forget, Blizzard has some of the best predictive technology ever developed, allowing them to utilize a lower packet send rate than 90% of other online games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed this. I mean I really notice this. This is my only hate on the game. Roadhog is such a bitch because of this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Anyone else tired of dying around corners?

*raises hand*
    I havent had a single problem where I felt like this was an issue. Not once.

You should've been in Battlefield 4 on launch. That game was fucking horrendous when it came to tickrate. Nowadays, BF4 servers have a setting for tickrate so you can put it anywhere between 20-40.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Take care, ignorant mods will probably ban you for stating facts.
    It's not a problem if you're capable of expressing your opinion without being a twat about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never noticed it, I have a feeling people are exaggerating a bit about how much it happens to them too
    If it ends up effecting the E-sport value of it, you can bet it'll be changed anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Can someone explain wtf this tick thing means for us casuals?
    http://i.imgur.com/swhnRy2.jpg

What the hell is a tick? I thought it was something you don't want sticking out of your skin. There is a game reference to tick now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowbaq View Post
    when reading my post, it wasn't very clear. It's not always as if you got 70ms, it is a maximum lag.
    Think of trains that leaves every 20ticks (every 50ms). When randomly getting in a train, you might wait up to ~50ms, but you might as well wait ~0ms (before the train leaves : before the server send to the other players your movement).

Why don't they increase ticks? Because costs (more server power required, more bandwidth : they litterally calculate and send 3 times the data with a 60ticks server compared to a 20ticks server). I'm not sure of this but i'm confident this is true.
    But are console players mixed with us pc players?
    I don't see why the ticks of consoles should affect us :/
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeaccord311 View Post
    Because they designed the game for multiple platforms and the console developers have regulations for bandwidth. As long as consoles exist, you will die around corners.
    The game is unplayable from a competitive stand point. It's really that bad. Animations that glitch, shots and special abilities that go on your screen but you die before the server decides to acknowledge them, etc. It's incredibly infuriating when you walk into a McCree as Tracer, you blink back before he flash bangs, yet somehow you get stunned and glitch back to where you blink from, and then naturally die. I'm sure everyone has countless examples from different heroes where the lag compensation screws them over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhnlcbJaebY

How can the game be taken seriously if what happens on your screen, doesn't actually happen?
    Last edited by mmoc92c203c636; 2016-05-25 at 11:16 PM.