Page 25 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Terrible change to put tier back into LFR.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

sweet, tier lfr made me play through multiple alts during MoP last patch hiatus while I quit WoD like 2 months into HFC, well mostly due to the looks but some set bonuses were fun to play around with

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Due to public demand they are replacing an unpopular system (WoD LFR loot) which was unhealthy for the game, with a more popular one that was healthier for the game (MoP LFR loot).

It's a [big] improvement.
    So with better reward, people will be fine with a bigger challenge, aka harder LFR without the stacking fail buff?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    On second glance I see no chestpiece, maybe the dragon greatcloak is just the name of the chestpiece?
    The top item in the 6 piece set is a chest piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    So with better reward, people will be fine with a bigger challenge, aka harder LFR without the stacking fail buff?
    Not likely. This change is mostly to give LFR raiders a piece of the pie.

WoD's LFR system was designed to be easy enough to give players a gateway into Normal mode raiding but failed to accomplish that. Perhaps this model will help move things in that direction.

Finally i care about alts and gear them
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Tell them only that non raid content is dead.... and that the casuals died with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    truthfully just look at posters like kakera and Cryotrix, those are usually people that run heroic raids get a few kills on mythic, think the sun shines out of their ass and lift their nose at anyone below their perceived skill level. Now this is only a slight minority, but they are spread out over a multitude off guilds, and they tend to be vocal to the point of being downright obnoxious. Now imagine going from guild to guild trying to find a raiding home, and every time you run into 1-2 maybe 3 of these ass hats regurgitating verbal diarrhea through their keyboard / teamspeak.

Doesnt LFR all of a sudden look fan-fucking-tastic.

Go in shoot / stab / cast / heal shit, dont bother talking just scoot shoot n loot with a minimum of drama.
    Well I have encountered some weird morons during my time in WoW.
    But I have been raiding with more or less same people (ofc with some of them leaving, stopping raiding, marrying, going to jail, even dying) from Vanilla to end of WoTLK and it was a blast.
    I stopped playing out of boredom during MoP, tried returning in Cata, but it was just plain terrible. And returned mid WoD (after the 6.2 patch I believe) to prepare for Legion, and since I was having a lot of free time to waste.
    I kept in touch with the lads through the guild website and to my excitement some of them, together with some new guys were still playing when I came back.

I geared up, finished the damn ring, and got into their mythic roster, since some of the ppl left till Legion.

But while gearing up the whole "silent" approach to raiding was something new. I mean it can be my personal experience and all that, but it was quite shocking.

In 5-mans people usually don't even say "hi" to each other, just blast through and go out.
    In LFR and Normals it is pretty much the same.
    In Heroic all depends on the group leader, sometimes it is a nice guy that shortly explains the tactics, sets up the groups, and keeps controlling the group during the run. Most of the times - it is only putting blame on each other if the group wipes.

Fuck how happy was I when I was geared enough to come raid with the guys again.

Why a cloak instead of boots as the 6th peice?

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    and so we return to raid or die as lfr makes all world content trivial and largely a waste of time

...yaaay.
    Even though there is nothing that I hate more than LFR having tier gear, looking at that ilvl - no, it won't make world content a waste of time in legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell them only that non raid content is dead.... and that the casuals died with it...
    Dramatic much? Tier set is not going to make the rest of the world content irrelevant. Unless that tier set is going to be so good that it trumps even Mythic ilevel gear. There is a lot more to do outside of raiding, or maybe we could end all this and make it so raid gear does not function outside of raids?

Would putting a Gold Challenge Mode requirement on LFR make it better? I think it would. It would become less of a cesspool than it already is, and anyone that can pass gold PG knows their class enough to be able to raid.

I am 100% Anti-LFR, but if we have to have it, at least have a retard check at the door.

Thank GOD Blizzard listened to my megathreads on this.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The community will kill any incentive for the majority to do non-raid content (with the exception of World Quests) long before Tier dropping in LFR will.

As it currently stands premade group finder is flooded with "quick Mythic Dungeon Run Bring 710+", or worse 725+, on a good day it takes an age to find a group with realistic requirements. I like to run my groups with a 685+ requirement even though you only need 665 to enter because that is what LFR ilvl is.

If we suppose for a minute that the community remains true to form, as it has done since forever; read: Attunements, Gearscore, ilvl, Legendary Stages. Then the community will bar others from progressing to harder content and the players will leave, WoW will be dead no just non-raid content.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    Would putting a Gold Challenge Mode requirement on LFR make it better? I think it would. It would become less of a cesspool than it already is, and anyone that can pass gold PG knows their class enough to be able to raid.

I am 100% Anti-LFR, but if we have to have it, at least have a retard check at the door.
    Can I punch you in the face with a brick?

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel sorry for people who actually sit around getting angry about this stuff. Some priorities might need re-assessing.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally! Since World content will STILL be the most efficient way to gear up, it's great to finally have the opportunity to farm transmogrification sets.

Was about damn time too.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post

Problem with that is PGs are GONE. Get with the times. You are 2 weeks late than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    It won't make LFR any better.
    Pftt. Have you lost your mind?!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

@PassingBy

I agree, group play adds so much more to this game when it's done with mate's.
    I stepped out of our mythic roster due to real life priorities, since nappy changes scale higher then an epic 2 hander.

LFR allows a dirty casual like myself to log on, say hi to the fellas in the guild, crack an inappropriate joke or two whilst shooting some watered down NPC in the face.

Yet when i join them on their heroic / mythic runs i feel like a leech, Friends or not. LFR bonuses with the lower increase in numbers done come legion.
    It will allow people like myself and many others to actually contribute.

And like others pointed out, having a recruit at the ready with the proper gear / trinks, gives you faster insight in his / her capabilities.
    None of the mythic raiders i know minded Tier gear in Mop ( hell we all loved it for some of our crap-tastic alts )

Try playing a fury warrior with a 4 piece bonus that adds a measly main stat all the way rng-sus is flippin you the bird since you don't even have enough crit to dps your way out of a wet paper bag.

And whilst Oq and open raid are grand tools, when the diaper machine goes code red, any and all plans go out the window.