Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Three solid and well thought out points. Can't say I disagree with either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Hero levelling is something they already considered and rejected back in alpha/beta development. While it works for a game like LoL or HotS, the idea of binding individual levels to each hero was not such a good idea for OW. The entire game is designed around regular switching of heroes in a game and flexibility. Levels which are bound to the individual hero you are playing encourages people to pick a hero they like and stick to it, grinding xp on it to unlock the skins etc.

This really goes against the whole concept of hero swapping in the game, so I'm very glad they scrapped this.
    In my experience that's not really how it works at all, hero levels doesn't go against the concept of hero swapping. If anything, it promotes it. You don't want to play the hero you already have all the skins for, since you get nothing out of it. You want to play other heroes and get their skins too, so there's some progression going on.

At least that's how it's working for me, and for everyone I know in games with similar system such as HotS and HS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Three solid and well thought out points. Can't say I disagree with either of them.

In my experience that's not really how it works at all, hero levels doesn't go against the concept of hero swapping. If anything, it promotes it. You don't want to play the hero you already have all the skins for, since you get nothing out of it. You want to play other heroes and get their skins too, so there's some progression going on.

At least that's how it's working for me, and for everyone I know in games with similar system such as HotS and HS.
    Except when you already have everything for Widowmaker and Widow is exactly what is needed in that situation you don't want to play her seeing it won't get your the level's.
    It goes against the swapping because it gives you rewards playing other hero's then the one that is needed.

i can think of two things,

one is custom Chat channels for groups, clans and friends.

the other is more ingame markers or warnings, right now you select points or allies with F but how about being able to mark a location with a non-spameable icon or an enemy (just with the location they were at when you selected them, not a sticky one)

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Except when you already have everything for Widowmaker and Widow is exactly what is needed in that situation you don't want to play her seeing it won't get your the level's.
    It goes against the swapping because it gives you rewards playing other hero's then the one that is needed.
    That's not going against swapping, but it is a fair point. It could make people unwilling to play the most needed hero because they're already max level with him/her, and won't get any progression out of it. It's something that happens in HotS on occasion, although it's usually not such a big deal since there are often multiple heroes that can fill that same role. The character selection in OW is a bit more limited right now, though.

Deleted
    That's not going against swapping, but it is a fair point. It could make people unwilling to play the most needed hero because they're already max level with him/her, and won't get any progression out of it. It's something that happens in HotS on occasion, although it's usually not such a big deal since there are often multiple heroes that can fill that same role. The character selection in OW is a bit more limited right now, though.
    This is also not a Moba but a team game shooter with constant hero changes being needed to counter enemy teams and with the amount of loot boxes you already get just by playing the game I don't really see why this is needed.

It will definitely be a problem if they implement hero levels. You can't compare it with HotS because you can't swap heroes and you are automatically grouped with different heroes. It wouldn't matter which character you picked because you won't end up with the same one anyway. HS doesn't even qualify as example because you don't play in a team and the game's mechanics are completely different.

OW is designed to swap heroes on the go. If there is even the slightest incentive not to swap (because I-almost-got-epic-skin-bruh! or other nonsensical reasons), the gameplay will suffer. Incentives should be focused on the team, not the individual. If anything, they should give bonus exp when players switch to a much needed hero during the game.

Any individual incentive will detract from the team play, and team play is the core of the game. The cosmetics are secondary.
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcraft View Post
    It will definitely be a problem if they implement hero levels. You can't compare it with HotS because you can't swap heroes and you are automatically grouped with different heroes. It wouldn't matter which character you picked because you won't end up with the same one anyway. HS doesn't even qualify as example because you don't play in a team and the game's mechanics are completely different.

OW is designed to swap heroes on the go. If there is even the slightest incentive not to swap (because I-almost-got-epic-skin-bruh! or other nonsensical reasons), the gameplay will suffer. Incentives should be focused on the team, not the individual. If anything, they should give bonus exp when players switch to a much needed hero during the game.

Any individual incentive will detract from the team play, and team play is the core of the game. The cosmetics are secondary.
    I think I love you......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanct View Post
    Except for the English voice actress who voices her.
    I have my doubts that that is her normal voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's highly unlikely indeed. I do voice-overs for videos and adjust my language, accent, pitch, tone of voice, and speed depending on what type of video it is, and who the target audience is.

I also thought it was a little over the top at first, but I got used to it. Like Gru in Despicable Me. Steve Carrel even said he completely made up the accent
    Soon™ ;-)

Is it the cheeriness in her voice that's so grating? Because the accent itself is nowhere near as poor as many of the common folk in and around south London.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanct View Post
    Is it the cheeriness in her voice that's so grating? Because the accent itself is nowhere near as poor as many of the common folk in and around south London.
    It might in part be the cheeriness, I am Mancunian after all and cheeriness is not something we're famous for. But, the main thing I find grating is that sway between trying (and failing) to 'talk proper' and cockney, it feels really misplaced.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have three suggestions.

Have a limit on how many of one character you can have per team in one match. Limit it to say, two.
    Don't allow a match to start if your team doesn't have a single support on it.
    Flash a warning on all teammates screens if your support swaps characters or leaves mid-match so that people know. Make it visible enough that people will pay attention to it in the thick of combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcharm View Post
    Here's another : Rework Tracer's voice. THAT VOICE is the reason I won't buy this game. Sometimes they try toooooooo much and over do it
    my god, that's a good reason to not buy a game.

I love her voice, she's a little girl and her voice is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcharm View Post
    Here's another : Rework Tracer's voice. THAT VOICE is the reason I won't buy this game. Sometimes they try toooooooo much and over do it
    I can understand your point, because I'm not that much a fan of listening to sassy teenage girls, but I mainly hear "BRRRRRRR" from her guns and the occasional death sound, so it's not bothering me.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post

Have a limit on how many of one character you can have per team in one match. Limit it to say, two.
    Flash a warning on all teammates screens if your support swaps characters or leaves mid-match so that people know. Make it visible enough that people will pay attention to it in the thick of combat.
    Meh, no thank you. I've played in perfectly viable matches without a support. I'd prefer in a game like this we had the freedom to play how we want, rather than get locked down to a specific setup or set of restrictions.

Why? Picking the same character multiple times is not necessarily a bad thing. It only is if you have no coordination in the team. Just like with any other team setup, I've been !@#$ed by teams with 3 widowmakers, but also steamrolled over a team of 6 Torbjörns.

Why would you force groups to have a support on their team? I've won with a team without support against teams with one or two, or sometimes even 3 support.

I believe both of these suggestions come from frustration of doing PuGs. It's the same as any other game: If you want to succeed, play with friends. It doesn't mean a random game sucks, but there is a high likelihood it will. Adding restricting game mechanics and flashy warnings isn't going to educate people or make them more skilled at the game.

There is. It says so right there in the chat window.
    Soon™ ;-)

It might in part be the cheeriness, I am Mancunian after all and cheeriness is not something we're famous for. But, the main thing I find grating is that sway between trying (and failing) to 'talk proper' and cockney, it feels really misplaced.
    You're probably picking up on subtleties I haven't observed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe both of these suggestions come from frustration of doing PuGs. It's the same as any other game: If you want to succeed, play with friends. It doesn't mean a random game sucks, but there is a high likelihood it will. Adding restricting game mechanics and flashy warnings isn't going to educate people or make them more skilled at the game.
    All you're basically saying is that casual players who don't have friends to form premades with don't get to enjoy the game at all. There's no reason they couldn't put something like this in quick match and remove it for competitive mode when that comes.

There is. It says so right there in the chat window.
    No. No no no no no. A small note on the left side of the screen that scrolls past or fades away after a few seconds that says they switched is NOT what I'm talking about here. Most people miss something that small when they're in the middle of combat.

All you're basically saying is that casual players who don't have friends to form premades with don't get to enjoy the game at all. There's no reason they couldn't put something like this in quick match and remove it for competitive mode when that comes.
    I didn't say anything about what people enjoy or not, I said "It doesn't mean a random game sucks, but there is a high likelihood it will." Some people are content with just playing, even if they lose 80% of the time. I'm not, and by the sound of it you aren't either. I'm just making suggestions you can do right this very minute that will improve your gaming experience, instead of waiting for Blizzard to implement some UI option that takes away your need to pay attention and communicate with your team members.

If they add any of these character restrictions at all, they should do them in competitive, not in quick match. It's just quick match, it doesn't matter. Competitive is where restrictions like this will end up, because that's where the focus will be when it comes out.

No. No no no no no. A small note on the left side of the screen that scrolls past or fades away after a few seconds that says they switched is NOT what I'm talking about here. Most people miss something that small when they're in the middle of combat.
    Should we then also implement big flashy warnings when a tank dies? What about the player who's top dps? Or a defense who is.... err... top defensive-stuff.
    Just pay more attention to it. You could also use voice coms or play with a group of friends. Or both. Problem solved

Also, it's still early days. People have to get used to the game and its mechanics.
    Soon™ ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The only character with an annoying voice is D.Va.

If she was supposed to be a ten year old girl, they sure as hell didn't give her the body of one.
    She is 19. I don't see a problem with her voice, there are a lot of women out there whose voices don't change because their voices don't drop to deep tones because they don't get pubertized the same way as men. I've also met a few women who purposely speak in a way to make them sound younger and cuter (at least in their minds). From what I have seen of D.Va that would be a behavior that would be up her alley since Asia has a 'culture of the cute' going on. Hell there are museums in Japan and Korea dedicated to the capturing of the essence of cuteness.