Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    srs? you can play sports with your buddies any day of the year, this happens once every 4 years with the best athlete's from all around the world who are in peak physical condition and do nothing but eat, breath, and sleep the sport.
    Yes, I know, but that's just how I feel about it. I find it terribly boring, to be honest.

Rugby sevens is in, for that 10. For everything else, 5.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    I keep forgetting it's on this year because the media has given it fuck all coverage so far.

I would give it a 5 or 6. Only interested in watching the track stuff and admiring the gymnasts. It's something I would love to go to though, I think it would be far more enjoyable if you are part of the atmosphere.

I have zero interest in the Olympics. Winter or summer, both are boring. Some of the events are more like yard games than an Olympic event, curling for example is on the same level as botchie ball, lawn darts, or horseshoes.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Never watched the Olympics, never will.

I think it's culturally important to hold an Olympic event every few years, but I'm just not interested in them personally.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    1 for the olympics

10 for the aftermath of all the people infected with Zika
    I concur. The olympics always occurred to me as an event for people who don't have proper organized sports to watch, but that's just my biased opinion based on anecdotal information. The fact that they keep allowing them to be hosted in these horrible countries, however, is really amusing to me. I wonder if the olympians are actually going to get toilets this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Who wouldnt want to watch doped people doing sport and winning gold medals which they will loose anyway some years later because they doped.

As a swimmer, I enjoy the summer olympics for those events. But I also have interest in volleyball, running, and hopefully someday Ultimate Frisbee (It was cleared by the committee 2 years ago, so it may be several years before it's even a possibility)

Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    0, don't like sport so much.
    This. They could cancel all sport events around he world and I wouldn't even notice.

I mostly just care about my country getting more shiny things than everyone else. USA!

https://youtu.be/_vQruGnP7sw?t=56s

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

I love the winter olympics, barely even glance at the summer olympics.

Aside from swimming, I enjoy the winter olympics more.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Summer: 2 at best
    Winter: 8 to 10 depending on the event

Deleted
    0. I don't care about sports.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    0, don't like sport so much.
    this.
    /10chars

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    0. Don't get what the big deal is about them. The one in Brazil I would avoid on principle alone.

The only interest I have in the Olympics is Hockey during the winter set.

Then I'm at an 11/10.

Overall... about a 4-6 for summer games
    The track and field stuff, and swimming stuff i like to watch
    can care less about some of the other stuff

winter olympics is a much cooler atmosphere imo, that i really enjoy, so about a 8 or 9 for those

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't watch the Olympics nor the World Cup.

This year's Olympics I will probably read about in the news though. Athletes ending up in hospital from poisoning of one kind or another, people being mugged, ... etc.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

only certain events...so..1-2/10 total interest. opening/closing ceremony is just "masturbation" for the host country...the Track and Field events are cool to watch as well as some of the Gymnastics/Judo(if they show them) events.