Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is it me or is Tracer's ult laughably weak?

She has a short range sticky bomb that also has a tiny explosion radius of 2 meters and only does 400 damage.

Compare that to the other explosion ults:

Pharah summons a rain of 35 rockets per second each doing 40 damage.

Junkrat summon a tire that you can control from a far, does 600 damage and has a 10 meter radius.

D VA has the king of ults with a 1k damage 20 meter explosion that also knocks you back if you somehow manage to survive.

They really need to buff Tracer's shitty little cherry bomb, whenever I see her ult pop up, I don't get the excitement I get when I see any one else's ult pop up.

As far as I can tell EVERYONE has a game changing ult. As in an ult that can literally change the course of a fight. Tracer's ult is good for killing maybe 1 or 2 people if they are close together and I manage to stick the bomb to one.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-05-26 at 06:55 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    She has a short range sticky bomb that also has a tiny explosion radius of 2 meters and only does 400 damage.

Junkrat summon a tire that you can control from a far, does 600 damage and has a 10 meter radius.

D VA has the king of ults with a 1k damage 20 meter explosion that also knocks you back if you somehow manage to survive.

They really need to buff Tracer's shitty little cherry bomb, whenever I see her ult pop up, I don't get the excitement I get when I see any one else's ult pop up.
    All i got from this post is the song cherry bomb stuck in my head.

Thanks for that....goddd

Ontopic : her normal abilities have such a high potential skill cap and ability to make her op the ult works.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account

They really need to buff Tracer's shitty little cherry bomb, whenever I see her ult pop I don't get the excitement I get when I see any one else's ult pop up.
    Take into account: Recharge Time differs per Character

Junkrat's Tire can be destroyed very easily before it explodes
    Pharah has to sit still to cast hers and is super vulnerable when she ults
    D VA has to fly into a location and her explosion has a massive chargeup allowing enemies to get away if they notice it.

Tracer's ult can stick to enemies, which is a huge tactical advantage (its unavoidable if she hits you with it), and fits well into her kit (she can blink in, ult someone, and rewind all in a split second, leaving that person to helplessly stumble around until they explode).
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-05-26 at 06:58 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

You didn't take into account the time it takes to fill the meter to 100%.

Also seen a bug about Tracer's ult, I saw on her kill cam, she used it on the Dwarf, he was on top of a building not even close to me, and he didn't take any damage but I died...

You can't look at damage in a vacuum.
    Using Junkrat's ultimate you become a stationary target. The tire can also be destroyed before it reaches the target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I think it is fair. She is supposed to be skillbased not easy mode like junkrats tire. Then again he also becomes stationery and you can easily destroy his tire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Tracer's ult can stick to enemies, which is a huge tactical advantage (its unavoidable if she hits you with it), and fits well into her kit (she can blink in, ult someone, and rewind all in a split second, leaving that person to helplessly stumble around until they explode).
    Actually it's easily avoidable for me as I play Mei. I just ice block it. I've done this to at least 5 Tracer ults before, don't know why they keep trying to blow up Meis...

Also, every tank can survive it as it does less damage than their health.

I see your point, but at the same time. Increasing the radius to 5 meters would probably make it more in line with the other ults.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Nah, I think it is fair. She is supposed to be skillbased not easy mode like junkrats tire.
    Honestly Junkrats have to be pretty sneaky with the tire unless they're playing against bads. You can destroy it super easily (it has 100hp) and it recharges slowly.

If you're standing there watching a RIPTire drive down a straight road at you and you're trying to run away from it, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    You didn't take into account the time it takes to fill the meter to 100%.

Also seen a bug about Tracer's ult, I saw on her kill cam, she used it on the Dwarf, he was on top of a building not even close to me, and he didn't take any damage but I died...
    Does Tracer have an ult fill up bonus I didn't know about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it's easily avoidable for me as I play Mei. I just ice block it. I've done this to at least 5 Tracer ults before, don't know why they keep trying to blow up Meis...

Also, every tank can survive it as it does less damage than their health.

I see your point, but at the same time. Increasing the radius to 5 meters would probably make it more in line with the other ults.
    Okay, yes, you can block it as Mei but you can do that to any ability as Mei. Why would you be slapping her ult on a tank? I think the problem here is that you're playing Tracer wrong - she's supposed to be flanking the enemy team, disrupting their backline and running interference along the edges of the map. If you're running in and ulting a tank at full hp you're literally doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Honestly Junkrats have to be pretty sneaky with the tire unless they're playing against bads. You can destroy it super easily (it has 100hp) and it recharges slowly.

If you're standing there watching a RIPTire drive down a straight road at you and you're trying to run away from it, you're doing it wrong.
    Junkrat's tire can go up walls... Just have to know how to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Tracer have an ult fill up bonus I didn't know about?
    All characters ultimate abilities charge at different rates based on their damage/healing output.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, but if you're playing against a Junkrat and you're not watching for the tire and shooting it down then you're not playing well. Saying that his ult is easymode and not skillbased is hilariously wrong and sounds like its coming from someone who doesn't know you can destroy it.

Going up walls or jumping off catwalks with the tire is being sneaky with it. I see tons of shit Junkrats sending the tire straight down a roadway and watching it blow up before it ever gets near enemies. If it was an easymode ult you wouldn't be able to use it wrong like that. As far as I'm concerned the only real faceroll ult in the game is S76's aimbot.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-05-26 at 07:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The amount of times I have accidentally killed myself as Tracer with my own ult....how about we just not talk about it?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    It does it's job fine, it kills who it's supposed to kill and charges relatively fast.

As far as I can tell EVERYONE has a game changing ult. As in an ult that can literally change the course of a fight. Tracer's ult is good for killing maybe 1 or 2 people if they are close together and I manage to stick the bomb to one.
    Of all those ults you mentioned the only reason they are game changing is because the people they are being used on don't know that when they hear an ult being called out they should duck and cover. You hear someone cry out an ult your brain should auto-flip to, "Better GTFO the way!".

Tracers ult is 'weak' because her other abilities are very strong. She has the ability to 3x dash in, plant it and rewind time to score the kill on a bastion/turret, only Genji can stop her from planting it by throwing it back at her. If you couple it with the russians ult then you will absolutely wipe out a team.

Her ult isn't weak, you just are not using it properly. I used it to take out a 2x bastion + Reinhardt + Mercy on a payload combo by running up from behind using dash, toss and then rewind. Offense halted.

Deleted
    It is not. first of all her Ult is one of the fastest Rechargable ones. you get it back really quickly. And the 400 damge is enough to kill most stuff and deadly dent tanks.
    You can jump it shot a few times use it on a person and = GG kill 1-4 people.

I got many play of the game with it.

Deleted
    "FIRE IN THE HOLE!!! *Engine sounds*" When he's revving up the engine is quite alot more preparation time than "Wait for it" or "Gotcha" after she already stuck you.

And Tracers ult if used properly is a 'pick someone to die' card. Torb turret stopping your team? Wait til he bellies up to his turret to repair it and dash in, deposit 'suspicious package' and then reverse time out, Torb blows up and so does his turret. Mercy healing team? "Heres your christmas gift! No backsies!" Rhardt annoying team? Dash behind him, give him a clip full and then dash in to create an unwashable stain in his armor.

It is an ult that can't be stopped short of Genji reflecting it back on her. The other ults are entirely avoidable and if you are getting hit by them then thats on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    The amount of times I have accidentally killed myself as Tracer with my own ult....how about we just not talk about it?
    Haha, same. I got the hang of it later though. Just have to use it and blink out or time warp back.

Deleted
    Tracer ult 'sucks', that much is given. I play Tracer a lot, hence I'm mad about the 20 tick/lag compensation and other Overwatch network related issues, but I'm not that mad about the ult.

The first rule you need to understand is that you always need to make it stick. It has to stick, or it's wasted. But with practise, you'll get it to stick 99% of the time. The thing is, when you do get it to stick, it's just a dmg bonus. Reaper can counter it with wraith, Mei can block, and tanks don't die to one, so you need to pick your spots.

Compare it to other ultis, it certainly feels a bit meh, but consider Tracer still feels strong whenever not getting screwed by the server, I think it's appropriate. A stronger ult would make the hero really, really strong. Tracer is one of the few Overwatch heroes with a very high skillcap, so good players can get a lot more out of it than just mediocre ones.

If it would be changed, maybe it could recharge slightly faster. Not much, but slightly.

I'm surprised noone mentioned the Widowmaker ulti, which is by and far the best ulti in the game, and very in demand of a recharge rate nerf at the least.

A skilled sniper who hits 80% or more of his charged shots will have seemingly a permanent maphack coverage for his whole team. Widowmaker ulti doesn't seem OP when you play with nabs who can't aim, but in the right hands the ulti becomes wildly overpowered. No counter exists, and it's one of the ultis that doesn't even give a whole map wide 'shout' warning that it's up.