Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ezioda004 View Post
    Because leveling experience is part of game. Considering now that more people will join after the movie is released it's actually good opportunity to fix it and make it fun and engaging. 1 shoting mobs is not fun if you're playing for the first time.
    It's the tutorial part of the game. A really, really long and repetitive tutorial that you can skip for $60 per character.

Leveling as a gameplay mechanic needs to either be made purposeful by making reasons to want to be a low level character and adding new low level content, or be removed entirely. Back when I played the only reason you might want to be a low level was for twinking pvp, I don't know if that still exists, but other than that the only reason to be a low level was to get a higher level and that makes it unhealthy.

Wait what? I havent been following the game recently.

Are they increasing the exp requirements to level? Is there a source for this?
    Chronomancer Club

Making the game and leveling less of a joke is a good step in the right direction. On the flip side, you could see them doing this just for the extra cash. Make it twice as hard again, remove these greedy payment options and you'll be on track back to the glory days. I suppose the damage is already done on both sides of this thread's concern though.

They're not doing it for veterans, they're doing it for new players.

If you're on this forum, then these changes aren't being made with you in mind.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Players want it.

Low levels is boring for new players.

Alts is even boring.
    Taking even longer to lvl doesn't make it more fun. Slow lvling is boring lvls that feel like they never end are boring.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    It's really not a mistake, the game isn't as mysterious as it used to be in Vanilla.
    For YOU, and not new players.
    The problem is the quests are dated and boring,
    the zones after doing them again after the revamp are boring.
    If it was more engaging and fun and the quests weren't stale my bet is people wouldn't care how long it took to level. Half the reason the first time you level a character is "fun" is because it's new and mysterious...but as you level more and more it goes from fun and mysterious to boring and grindy.
    These changes are being made for new players, not veterans who have done the content multiple times. And, not all veteran players feel that way - there are a lot of players who just level alts, and making the experience more rewarding is more important than your boredom.

I wondered if this was going to happen, and sadly it is. Everyone complains about the game, but when they fix it, everyone cries and moans about changing the game. God forbid a new player have a great experience the first time they play, because YOU might be bored.

7+ Year Old Account
    Levelling has been broken for a long time and I'm glad they are finally getting around to fixing it. You shouldn't be able to out-level a zone in 5 quests or skip a zone entirely by running a single dungeon. It takes away from the experience when you skip content imo even when doing it for the second, third, fourth etc. time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galithiel View Post
    I HATE leveling.
    Then only keep your main and use your BOOST,
    OR DONT PLAY A RPG where leveling is the core of the system....

and you claim the world is empty, yet while leveling my worgen I see people all the time (level 10 atm)

10+ Year Old Account
    Because too many kids qq on the forums and Blizz loves qq's and made it happen. The funny thing is that the qq kids who are to blame have barely no alts lol, as usual.
    Another reason is that they are running out of ideas to keep you in the game to feed the cash cow, since they're making every expansion worse and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Wait what? I havent been following the game recently.

Are they increasing the exp requirements to level? Is there a source for this?
    No, they're adjusting the low level stuff so people aren't one shotting mobs, and so a full heirloom character can't one-shot a vanilla dungeon, and they felt that there were too many rewards being thrown too fast at low level toons.

Go watch the last dev interview with Ion, he discussed what they're starting to do now with these adjustments - they feel leveling is broken with how easy it is, and how little meaning it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Galithiel View Post
    I HATE leveling. Not because it's not hard, but because it's boring. And it's not boring because it's not hard, it's boring because:
    • The classes are not interesting before max level
    • We've been doing the same kind of quests over and over for 10 years
    • The leveling zones are empty
    • The gameplay is painfully slow
    • It's just a part that I don't have any interest in but that is 100% mandatory for the other 90% of the game

The only logical reason for Blizzard to increase the time needed to go to level 100 is for the new players they're expecting to come with the movie (which is probably not going to be a large number anyway), but
    • New players are not experienced in the game, so it's going to take them a lot of time anyway
    • They don't have access to heirlooms

Considering this, and the fact that the leveling experience is bad (and not because it's "too fast"), I really, really, really don't understand why is Blizzard punishing the current players for the sake of providing a slightly better experience to players that are most likely going to stop after the free month.

And actually, I'm not even concerned directly by the change since I already have all classes at least level 90.
    People want a return to vanilla type leveling, a return of the journey rather than the rush to the end.

Blizzard is heading towards harder and longer leveling. If you want instant or super rapid top level, purchase the 100 token.

Hopefully they will remove heirlooms and make their tech to make mobs same level as you as you level work everywhere. I also hope they make mobs harder and with more HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Is it? I see no evidence to suggest longer levelling is wanted by the players. The fact that the majority of staring zones have many players riding heirloom motorcycles would suggest otherwise.
    It was one of the reasons "Pristine" servers were discussed. It's one of the reasons we have scalable zones in Legion. People bitched and moaned they outlevel the zone before finishing the story in that zone. People bitch leveling is too easy. You have entire youtube videos laughing at "LOL 5 hours for cap". The leveling being too fast or easy has been an active complaint since Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    People want a return to vanilla type leveling, a return of the journey rather than the rush to the end.

Blizzard is heading towards harder and longer leveling. If you want instant or super rapid top level, purchase the 100 token.

Hopefully they will remove heirlooms and make their tech to make mobs same level as you as you level work everywhere. I also hope they make mobs harder and with more HP.
    Yeah, no heirlooms, harder hitting mobs and more mob HP will make those collect 10 bear's ass quests so much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Then only keep your main and use your BOOST,
    OR DONT PLAY A RPG where leveling is the core of the system....

and you claim the world is empty, yet while leveling my worgen I see people all the time (level 10 atm)
    There is a difference between constantly leveling and leveling to improve. Leveling like 1-90 isn't really much of an RPG experience. There should be more end game leveling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    No, they're adjusting the low level stuff so people aren't one shotting mobs, and so a full heirloom character can't one-shot a vanilla dungeon, and they felt that there were too many rewards being thrown too fast at low level toons.
    Easy math for you genius:

Less damage done to mob = ?
    Yeah, that's it! Longer time to kill a mob!

Longer time to kill a mob + Same amount of XP per mob = ?
    Yeah, you right again! Longer leveling!

I'm hoping they implement a vanilla type system at some point. The reason being is I already know the outcry that will ensue. Sure people could cite "but X server had Y users". Part of the reason was because it was free, second it was "the cool thing to do" and if ever implemented on live with a subscription then I would bet almost anything 1-5% of the player base would even enjoy it and the rest would cause enough outrage to revert it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    It was one of the reasons "Pristine" servers were discussed. It's one of the reasons we have scalable zones in Legion. People bitched and moaned they outlevel the zone before finishing the story in that zone. People bitch leveling is too easy. You have entire youtube videos laughing at "LOL 5 hours for cap". The leveling being too fast or easy has been an active complaint since Cataclysm.
    Pristine servers was their half-assed response to those wanting classic realms. The answer to people outlevelling zones is not to make levelling more tedious, level scaling would be one solution. Having to kill 200 mobs instead of 100 does not make levelling any harder.

The only thing they need to fix about leveling is to make the mobs harder to kill. Right now they die way to fast. The current speed of leveling is good though.

Deleted

This will lead to WoW's end. What was working ELEVEN years ago doesn't work anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ezioda004 View Post
    Because leveling experience is part of game. Considering now that more people will join after the movie is released it's actually good opportunity to fix it and make it fun and engaging. 1 shoting mobs is not fun if you're playing for the first time.
    New players aren't 1 shooting mobs, its a typical 3-5 attacks, increasing that number to 12 isn't going to magically make it fun and engaging. Not when your in zones 10 years old with 0 players working on a story line that's irrelevant. Not to mention they have 100+ levels to contend with now. I won't even go into the poor state of skills, talent structure and the dull quests which makes it just as unfun and non-engaging.