Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well there goes like 90% of the marketing department...

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Can't recall very many British women that were attractive to begin with, so seems like they'll just use local talent for advertising from now on. No big deal.
    Hehe, to be fair, if you are into brunettes with white skin they have some of those, but as like Kalis once put it, you have to hurry to get to them, because they are getting fatter as we speak :P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I'm pretty sure this directly contradicts constitution, so nothing like this will ever happen.
    The UK doesn't have a written constitution, which is in practice directly equivalent to not having a constitution. Ironically, the closest to that which applies is the European Convention on Human Rights. However, given France has already passed a law that bans models that are too thin, the UK could certainly do at least that and more if it wanted.

However, it does not have to because ASA can implement self-regulation immediately that does that and much more, if it so wished. After all, the woman in that supplement ad, for example, could hardly be called thin let alone "super thin" ...
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2016-05-26 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Can't recall very many British women that were attractive to begin with, so seems like they'll just use local talent for advertising from now on. No big deal.
    I believe you're being deprived. Or forgetful.

Shall I name a few?

Gemma Arterton
    Alice Goodwin
    Gemma Atkinson
    Always been fond of Emma Watson
    And after seeing her on the Shannara Chronicles, Poppy Drayton makes my list.

Those are just a few...so many and so little time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

Shall I name a few?

Gemma Arterton
    Alice Goodwin
    Gemma Atkinson
    you left out the hottest one

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    The U.K.’s Advertising United Standards Authority is considering regulations to respond to complaints of “sexism” in advertising — including concerns that women in a lot of ads are basically too attractive.

According to a release published by the watchdog on Thursday, ads that present “an idealised or unrealistic body image . . . have gained considerable public interest,” and so it’s important to evaluate whether or not more needs to be done to stop them. (The phrase “unrealistic body” refers to bodies like that of the woman featured in a Protein World ad last year that caused that huge controversy in the U.K. over her attractiveness. In other words: It refers to people who are really hot.)

“The project will report on whether we’re getting it right on gender stereotyping in ads,” the release continues. “If the evidence suggests a change in regulation is merited we will set out the best way to achieve it.” Now, the ASA is still in the research phase on this question, so what exactly those kinds of regulations might look like remains undetermined. (I mean, would there be some sort of governmental body that would have to say, “Okay, that lady is non-hot enough to appear in an ad,” before it’s allowed to be published?)

But the Chief Executive of the ASA, Guy Parker, said that the group is “serious” about it. “We’re serious about making sure we’re alive to changing attitudes and behaviours,” he said, according to the release. “That’s why we’ve already been taking action to ban ads that we believe reinforce gender stereotypes and that are likely to cause serious and widespread offence, or harm.”

Sources:
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ealistic-women
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/lif...y-advertising/
    So a lot of old FAT and ugly Feminists want sexy taken off of magazines and some ugly greasy looking whale put on there to tell people that it is OK to be a fat slob? Europe is so done and they are trying to bring that leftist garbage over here to infect us.
    When was it a bad thing to be the best? When was it a bad thing to take care of yourself? Right- the second liberal Marxists got into power.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

Shall I name a few?

Gemma Arterton
    Alice Goodwin
    Gemma Atkinson

Those are just a few...so many and so little time.
    Stop it this is gross.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Guess nothing will change then as British women aren't attractive in the slightest.
    Ooh snap

But ehm... it's holds some truth haha. They often have something tacky/trashy over them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Ugh, television advertising is going to end up like those boots adverts where they show a bunch of hideous women in front of different coloured backgrounds wearing their tacky product.

Deleted
    Guess nothing will change then as British women aren't attractive in the slightest.
    To quote myself from another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    You know that you spent too much time in GenOT when you aren't sure anymore if posts like that one are serious or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    To quote myself from another thread:
    I'm not sure if people posting these things know whether they are serious themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Oh no! The attractive are making the ugly feel bad by existing! How is that body image unattainable? She did it. Sales for everything will plummet. Would you buy weight loss powder from a beach whale?

Deleted
    ASA is a private self-governing body that is allowed to change regulations at will at their discretion. It is only required to consult with the government on issues of a criminal nature.

They will definitely, very much, go through with this change.

They're a bunch of shifty twats that screw up good adverts when their job is or was to make sure adverts weren't lies or misleading.

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/articl...plaints/984326

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...-poster-banned

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/5681
    The UK Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has censured the makers of an Angelina Jolie action movie, Wanted, because the posters advertising the film ‘glamorised guns’. This willingness of our moral guardians to clamp down on freedom of expression poses a graver threat to the health of society than any imaginary Angelina-inspired gun crime spree.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Page 3 girl

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    oh and all Americans are too fat to be beach body ready, eyyyy lets stereotype countries!
    If you said " most " your statement would probably be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Hehe, to be fair, if you are into brunettes with white skin they have some of those, but as like Kalis once put it, you have to hurry to get to them, because they are getting fatter as we speak :P.
    I would never say such a thing.

Some of our fatties are ginger or blonde.

The U.K.’s Advertising United Standards Authority is considering regulations to respond to complaints of “sexism” in advertising — including concerns that women in a lot of ads are basically too attractive.

According to a release published by the watchdog on Thursday, ads that present “an idealised or unrealistic body image . . . have gained considerable public interest,” and so it’s important to evaluate whether or not more needs to be done to stop them. (The phrase “unrealistic body” refers to bodies like that of the woman featured in a Protein World ad last year that caused that huge controversy in the U.K. over her attractiveness. In other words: It refers to people who are really hot.)

“The project will report on whether we’re getting it right on gender stereotyping in ads,” the release continues. “If the evidence suggests a change in regulation is merited we will set out the best way to achieve it.” Now, the ASA is still in the research phase on this question, so what exactly those kinds of regulations might look like remains undetermined. (I mean, would there be some sort of governmental body that would have to say, “Okay, that lady is non-hot enough to appear in an ad,” before it’s allowed to be published?)

But the Chief Executive of the ASA, Guy Parker, said that the group is “serious” about it. “We’re serious about making sure we’re alive to changing attitudes and behaviours,” he said, according to the release. “That’s why we’ve already been taking action to ban ads that we believe reinforce gender stereotypes and that are likely to cause serious and widespread offence, or harm.”

Sources:
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ealistic-women
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/lif...y-advertising/
    If they are using real women, the image isn't unrealistic. Just sayin...

This seems well and grand, but how do you enforce it?
    Those who talk don't know. And those who know don't talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Muadiib View Post
    Anglo-Saxons are still the standard of beauty in this world (not saying that is right), didn't you get the memo?

It is odd though how much people are prone to generalising, Britain has many stunning people, every country has their fair share of attractive and unattractive people. I guess it comes down to your type.

This whole 3rd wave feminist agenda has got to stop though, why shouldn't the most beautiful be used as models? Personally I don't want to see someone ugly or merely average sell me food or clothing etc, it doesn't sell it to me at all. Now the overly sexualisation of women is something that I think should be toned down.
    Standard of beauty are you serious?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artikality View Post
    This seems well and grand, but how do you enforce it?
    The ASA provide the Code of Conduct that advertisers in the UK abide by.

They might want to be careful of getting into political territory though, as the Government might set up a body and make them irrelevant overnight.

- - - Updated - - -

Standard of beauty are you serious?
    In the Western world it is mostly true.