So do we have a clear consensus on whether or not to talent out of RtB yet? I did pick it for the flavor of trying out a new spec but it does seen super RNG to me. I was thinking just talent into SnD but has anyone run numbers verse catching like 3 True Bearings in a row/3 Jolly Roger?

Just curious.

~Quartz

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    Am I correct in say that using curse of the dreadblades you can get off 6 finishers in that time and take 30% of your health in damage? This seems like in pvp the counter to outlaw burst would be to just swap to thems o they cant use finishers because their hp will get dunked.
    If you are healed to 100% inbetween every finisher - yes. With no healing it would be 26.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    Am I correct in say that using curse of the dreadblades you can get off 6 finishers in that time and take 30% of your health in damage? This seems like in pvp the counter to outlaw burst would be to just swap to thems o they cant use finishers because their hp will get dunked.
    Outlaw is not going to have that amount of uptime for that to happen. I think this is more a PVE worst case scenario where you combine the Dreadblades CD with AR which will cause a huge health drop. But I don't think it will be optimal to combine the two together but you never know.

Deleted
    hey guys. Just started my Outlaw rogue on the beta.

Is there a go to spec for ST and one for AoE by now?

I am using Quick draw now but i assume Ghostly strike would be better for slightly longer fights?

Vigor. I have not seen any deeper stratagem theorycrafting yet?

Alacrity for ST and Cannonball Barrage for aoe?

I am currently using MfD for leveling but is Slice and dice better then the annoyingly random RtB?
    DfA for aoe?

Also assuming between the eyes is a dps loss? Maybe unless you get the crit buff from RtB?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    hey guys. Just started my Outlaw rogue on the beta.

Is there a go to spec for ST and one for AoE by now?

I am using Quick draw now but i assume Ghostly strike would be better for slightly longer fights?

Vigor. I have not seen any deeper stratagem theorycrafting yet?

Alacrity for ST and Cannonball Barrage for aoe?

I am currently using MfD for leveling but is Slice and dice better then the annoyingly random RtB?
    DfA for aoe?

Also assuming between the eyes is a dps loss? Maybe unless you get the crit buff from RtB?
    There isn't much number crunching or theory crafting so far because it is still early and things could change. However, since Outlaw hasn't received meaningful changes for a while it seems the spec is almost 'done".
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-05-21 at 01:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    There isn't much number crunching or theory crafting so far because it is still early and things could change. However, since Outlaw hasn't received meaningful changes for a while it seems the spec is almost 'done".
    Well there is for most other specs :P

But ok i'l wait

Deleted
    I'm leveling my outlaw rogue atm and i am having a blast. A few tips so far:

Dont take Slice and dice over roll the bones when leveling at least. I found myself rerolling several times for the self healing buff when one elites or tough monsters. It basicly makes you invinsible(not kidding).

Grappling hook seemed cool at the start but i quickly stopped using it. i am going with hit and run for ekstra movement speed from now on.

Use between the eyes on cd when leveling. its quite awesome.'

Dont use your artifact power. It hurts LIKE HELL. I really dont think its worth it unless you are just standing there autoattacking

Iron stomach is pretty good. You use crimson vial all the time and its a decent buff for it. (iron stomach + crimson veil can keep you alive against tough elites if you are down on luck with roll the bones and the self heal buff).

Blade Flurry seems reeeeally week. Unless fighting 4+ mobs that die fast it really doesnt seem worth it. At least with low artifact power and while soloing. better to quickly kill something and reset your Marked for death.

I dont know if you guys can use this info for anything but there you have it. Those are my experiences so far at least

That mobility tier for Outaw across the board needs straight up buffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    That mobility tier for Outaw across the board needs straight up buffs.
    Grappling hook has to long a cd to be of any use in a raid enviroment at least.

Hit and run is decent. I think it should be a passive that all rogues get though. We do feel kinda slow atm.

Acrobatic strikes is useless bar very few situations

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Grappling hook has to long a cd to be of any use in a raid enviroment at least.

Hit and run is decent. I think it should be a passive that all rogues get though. We do feel kinda slow atm.

Acrobatic strikes is useless bar very few situations
    We have it already

Yup. ^^^

Hit and Run needs something else other a straight up passive boost Acrobatic Strikes...I don't see the value of it to be honest. If you take Hit and Run you are better off with talent than Acrobatic Strikes as it works out of stealth, in stealth, and all the time while Acrobatic Strikes is only a benefit while in combat. Grappling Hook is very ordinary to be honest but it could be worse.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-05-22 at 06:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorentz View Post
    Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

I have not played my rogue in ages but am leveling outlaw in Beta... I am Enjoying it... i didnt realize the artifact power was clickable or something going to look into it. I will say when you get 3 buffs and etc during RTB, you straight up own stuff. Jolly Roger makes you invincible to any leveling mob even rares. The new animations are cool as well. I have not messed around with different talents that much but i swapped out of cannonball barrage as it felt meh leveling but im sure might be cool in raiding for AOE. Death from above hits pretty hard when it crits so looking forward to more of that with better gear.

Tier 19 set bonuses arent out yet right?

Quote Originally Posted by Roidz View Post
    Tier 19 set bonuses arent out yet right?
    http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13833...owl&bonus=1807

Ahhh thanks, I guess that's an OK bonus. Keeps the spec simple but still a little engaging with free saber slashes.

I can say 100% sure that I will enjoy the spec more when i get used to it and have weak auras and addons setup. It sucks to have to mouse over the buffs all the time to figure out what you have since they change every 30-40 seconds. A lot of that thought is just getting used to it by playing it.
    Last edited by Roiids; 2016-05-24 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Forgot bottom section

Just curious: when did we lose the AoE damage on Jolly Roger?
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Quote Originally Posted by Smaxy View Post
    Just curious: when did we lose the AoE damage on Jolly Roger?
    This happened months ago.

I want to say in Feb?

But according to the change log they changed in March 2nd, 2016 Jolly Roger from attack speed to HP+.

http://www.ravenholdt.net/index.php/...arcraft-legion

AoE that you can't control probably wasn't a good idea. That is why I am surprised Sub still retains it.

Hookshot seems to be way faster with this patch

cd is still awkwardly long

Anyone seen the new Roll the bones dices in the last build ? sorta crazy.

Last edited by glowpipe; 2016-05-27 at 01:08 PM.