Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh no don't try and butter up to me mate. That shit doesn't work.
    huh?

What are you talking about? I just mentioned your avatar.

Deleted
    I tend only to say if it was a really close match (overtime madness...etc).

If you stomp another team is really wasn't a GG for them, I don't know anyone who enjoys that.

If I get stomped and they say GG well good for them; no point getting upset with them.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    gg is good manners.

ez is what you say to make the other team mad.
    lol I had someone say ez to my losing team. I made a point to kill him over everyone else the next game, it was fun watching him die to symmetra without turrets =P People need to check their skills rather than relying on their team when they say things like this.

I don't get upset when people say GG. I get upset when people talk crap, regardless if I won or lost, even if they are on my team talking to the other team. I'll block them.

10+ Year Old Account
    GG after annihilating the other team is rather aggravating, it wasn't really a good game after all. EZ after a close call win is just trying too hard to troll. Either case, I ignore it... like any decent adult.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Well I wouldn't recommend going upto a hardcore fan and doing it because that will probably end up with you being punched.

- - - Updated - - -
    Nah I mean when playing sports. The other team will shit talk the whole game and we end up destroying them. It's led to some fights, but usually just teaches them to not talk shit if they can't back it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You know for a fact that you can't say GG in a game that's ended. Surrendering closes the game.

In starcraft example you ether wait for the loser to say GG or you don't say anything at all. The loser can say GG without taking a penalty. The winner can say GG ONLY after the loser.
    so wait wait wait.. I've said "gg" many times as the winner before the game ends in starcraft, but only when its obvious that I was going to win because of a big battle that I won that turned the tide of the game. That is considered disrespectful? When both parties know the outcome of the game, and they are going to leave the game anyway? Thats just good sportsmanship.

i reserve gg for when it was an equal match but someone had to win out in the end. domination is not a gg on either end.

I'll say gg in match chat if the game was close or there was a big comeback or something. I won't say gg to the enemy team if my team just stomped them, cause it wasn't gg.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    How much of a stomp the game was is completely irrelevant, saying gg is just good sportsmanship(even if some people get massively triggered over it)
    If people get upset over it, it's not categorized as good sportsmanship...

That's why there's rules in the NFL for victory dances and are fined when performed.

You know nothing about being a good sportsmen, if you think that gloating in the face of your opponent is being a good sportsmen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

When in doubt just remember

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    "GG" means Good Game, if you throw it out every game (or on freewins) then it has no meaning.
    what world are you living in GG no longer means what it stands for GG is thrown around for anything and everything really that denotes the end of a game, when a team throws people go "oh its GG" that doesn't mean it oh its a GG it means its over.. coming back to the topic its just said as a formality nowadays in most games wen a game ends.. faceroll or not almost every online game ends with GG.

A better way to say "GG" at the end of a game is : "I had a GG, u ?" <- Trust me this is the best way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaanm4n View Post
    what world are you living in GG no longer means what it stands for GG is thrown around for anything and everything really that denotes the end of a game, when a team throws people go "oh its GG" that doesn't mean it oh its a GG it means its over.. coming back to the topic its just said as a formality nowadays in most games wen a game ends.. faceroll or not almost every online game ends with GG.
    LOL! You just said "what world are you living in GG no longer means what it stands for" and then you say "when a team throws people go "oh its GG" that doesn't mean it oh its a GG it means its over". Good game are two words with specific meanings. They don't mean "the game is over"(although it does insinuate it)... You just proved how it lost it's meaning while trying to prove it hasn't lost it's meaning. GG

Look I'm gonna put it this way. You think GG is an insult when it's widely used as a sportsmanship term including in major events then you got issues. "Easy" however is an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    A better way to say "GG" at the end of a game is : "I had a GG, u ?" <- Trust me this is the best way to do it.
    That or don't say anything at all. I find that there are some who will be pissed at you no matter what you say.

It's just like those people who get pissed at other's that are cheery.

Look I'm gonna put it this way. You think GG is an insult when it's widely used as a sportsmanship term including in major events then you got issues. "Easy" however is an insult.
    I'm pretty saltless and rarely tilt, but "GGEZ" or "Easy" makes me lose my shit lol...

It's not seen as an insult necessarily. It's seen as disrespectful and unsportsmanlike.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It's much, much worse when the winning team says "Easy win" in match chat. No matter how close they were to losing.
    quite a few times i see people going "lol ezgame" after stomping the other team, i think thats insulting. i only say GG when it was a close or really fun game, i say it more when im on the losing side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    i reserve gg for when it was an equal match but someone had to win out in the end. domination is not a gg on either end.
    yeah this basically, i dont see why people say GG after wiping the floor with the enemy team, whats gg about that? :P

welcome in the fps world of today, only multiplayer and full of troll and kiddy players;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Not in the competitive scene. It's a sign of disrespect if you say it when winning.

Just know that when you say that when winning you're being a dick. You might not see it that way, but there are millions of gamers that take offence to it.
    They say it in SC all of the time...