Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The most toxic thing I've said was, in Match Chat, "Guys, you need to learn how to get on the payload to contest them pushing it. Even if ONE of you sits on it, it stops it and lets us catch up." followed by "Oh shit I'm sorry, trying to teach my team how to play a team based game and not Call of Battlefield Infinity"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

7+ Year Old Account
    You gotta grow a thick hide for online gaming thats all really. Toxicity is present just about everywhere online. Learn to shrug it off!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Average wow player age is 28.3 years old... Cause 28.3 is the age for children right?
    In case you weren't aware, these are the Overwatch forums, not the WoW forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does it bother you? I LOVE it when they throw insults my way, it means I'm doing something right. I guess I'm a troll myself and thrive in these kinds of situations.

When they get salty, I lick them.

By the way, I've already been silenced from Overwatch by Blizz. It was a 1 day silence, but they say every subsequent silence lasts double the time. I expect to have a 10 year silence before I'm done. No ragerts.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I report them (for harassment, since there is no other option that communicates the general message of the report), and mute. But yeah, the damage is already done at that point. But I figure you just start from one end and keep reporting and muting and at some point the toxic people will get banned if enough people do it.

Really, I don't get it. I saw no toxic behavior in the open beta, and now at lunch, suddenly people are being toxic and abusive left and right.

I've been on the internet too long to care about whining/angry people, but the "toxicity" in overwatch is especially bad compared to other FPS games I like to play.

I saw no toxic behavior in the open beta
    How long did you play in the open beta? I only played for rougly 5-6 hours and it was pretty equal to what it is now. Maybe you just got lucky, maybe I was just unlucky.
    Last edited by Bonkbonk100; 2016-05-27 at 09:28 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play on console and have team voice chat disabled, it eliminates all toxic interactions. I only use voice chat when playing with friends.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Have I been lucky? Almost level 15 and I haven't really met any toxicity yet. I'm sure it'll happen though.

Deleted
    I haven't had any problems with toxicity. I've just had problems with whiners who call everything toxic, even constructive criticism. Often it has more to do with these people than the toxic people for me. As you going "lololol bruh it's just a game lol! Chill man!" after someone says "Contest the damn cap please! Stop just standing there Widowmaker!".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    I report them (for harassment, since there is no other option that communicates the general message of the report), and mute. But yeah, the damage is already done at that point. But I figure you just start from one end and keep reporting and muting and at some point the toxic people will get banned if enough people do it.

Really, I don't get it. I saw no toxic behavior in the open beta, and now at lunch, suddenly people are being toxic and abusive left and right.
    I think it has to do with the fact that they shelled out so much money for the game and then get mad because the game isn't all that was hyped out to be.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mute everything the second the game starts. Yes, it prevents communication. But I feel, that toxicity is a thing of lower ranks. Lower ranked games are often decided by raw mechanical skill and not communication, although I cannot deny, that communication cannot be of help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    I mute everything the second the game starts.
    I wish I could mute 11 players every fucking game. I just don't have the patience.

I switch to D.va, go infront of them, and spray; http://overwatch.blizzplanet.com/wp-...ay-30-salt.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    In case you weren't aware, these are the Overwatch forums, not the WoW forums.
    pretty positive MMO Champion is a WoW forum not an Overwatch forum. Like toxic players are exclusive to Overwatch?

Deleted
    When my third quick match ended, a guy wrote in group chat to report me cos im useless. Is that even a reason for reporting someone? I'm completely new to fps and I'll admit that I was unsure of what to do in that match, since no one seemed to work as a team and everyone were all over the place (we were obviously losing).
    I ended up saying he probably just couldn't handle having to play with people new to the game. He continued with calling me pathetic etc. It was actually amusing. I mean, what did he expect? For everyone to be insanely good? If people can't handle playing with randoms that might not be great (yet), then they should just stick to premades, leave the group or find a different game Constructive criticism is always welcome of course.

I never understood why some people are so easily triggered by other peoples performance or what good they'll think will come from telling people they're noobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    I put on my big boy pants and carry on like nothing happened. That's right I ignore it. The weak fragile people that wilt at the slightest hint of negativity are just as bad if not worse than assholes and trolls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nosphera View Post
    I never understood why some people are so easily triggered by other peoples performance or what good they'll think will come from telling people they're noobs.
    Maybe because it's a team game and they depend on you to at least have SOME clue what you're doing. If not, you're the asshole that's dragging them down with you. It makes me mad often enough too, but I never say anything to them about their stupidity... not worth the time it would take to insult them. Maybe next time try training maps or even AI matches until you have a little experience under your belt.

pretty positive MMO Champion is a WoW forum not an Overwatch forum. Like toxic players are exclusive to Overwatch?
    I love how you come into a thread about toxicity and be toxic.

Deleted
    Well, you'd be mistaken then. Go to the forum root and open your eyes. You'll find quite a few forums that aren't related to WoW. And this section is Overwatch, so I guess you've lost your way boyo.

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    Honestly, half the people who end up calling people toxic that i've seen have been people not understanding the word.

I was in a game where our Mei put an icewall to save herself, but ended up blocking our McCrees ulti and also stopped us from getting to the objective to contest it. We lost. So naturally we say in chat "You just lost us the game with that icewall." They respond that we're toxic shitters and need to stop being so salty.

There is the expectation that any comments towards anyones play has to be toxic because otherwise it means they made a mistake. It's super childish and unfortunately very common in Overwatch.

"You just cost us the game with that ulti" can be a toxic comment. If you wanted to help the other guy learn that he did something wrong, you would have a less accusatory attitude. If you just wanted to let the other guy know that he fucked up, well, that's toxic. It's the same as when people in dota say: "GG my team sucks!". It's essentially people trying to let it be known that the loss was not their fault and make the other guy feel bad for it. However, if you do want to help that mei player to be better at the game, try something more tactful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    "You just cost us the game with that ulti" can be a toxic comment. If you wanted to help the other guy learn that he did something wrong, you would have a less accusatory attitude. If you just wanted to let the other guy know that he fucked up, well, that's toxic. It's the same as when people in dota say: "GG my team sucks!". It's essentially people trying to let it be known that the loss was not their fault and make the other guy feel bad for it. However, if you do want to help that mei player to be better at the game, try something more tactful.
    I gave up being tactful a long time ago. People just don't accept the mistakes they make. You seem them all over. It's a sickness.