Mythic Xhul Help

Hey guys,

Hoping you can offer some advice for the Xhul fight. Unfortunately, we will only have 1 mage available for our next pulls so trying to formulate a plan on dealing with the Empowered Chains.

The usual strat as far as I know is to have 3 mages. When Empowered Chains goes off on one of them they immediately immune it so the mechanic never happens.

Are there any other ways of dealing with the chains without relying on the mages? Note, we won't have any paladins available either and likely just 1 mage. We do have a few priests however and a warlock if that helps.

Please let me know if you know of any strategies that don't rely on mages immuning the mechanic completely.

Thank you in advance!

You can send a whole bunch of aggro dumps back with them (spectral guise/feign death etc.) and just have those people cast them if targeted to get more chances of getting it on a mage but I wouldn't really suggest it both because it is unreliable and because the mage will only be able to immune every other anyway.

If your comp is not going to be able to bait the mechanic just handle it properly (shocking I know). Send a group of any 4 competent ranged back there (three for chains + one for void) and have them break the chains instead of immuning them. You want to spread out after the chains are applied (the person not linked can run right away) then slowly snap them one at a time healing up the still linked players immediately.

You can more than likely just sit in the final set of chains never snapping it and simply heal through the damage (you will be rolling heavy raid CDs anyway at that point so they should stay alive).
    Last edited by Zulandia; 2016-05-28 at 12:08 AM.

Thanks Zul. That's along the lines of what I was hoping for. So the chained people simply just have to not panic and only break one by one right? Any classes best suited for this? I'm guessing maybe warlocks because of their high health?

Is it correct that every time the chains are snapped it deals 275k HP damage to all chained players?

Yes strong defensive CDs or naturally tanky players are more suited but at this stage of the tier I would just send the players you are most confident will be able to handle the mechanics.

It causes a ~275k explosion (5 yards) around each player that was linked by the chain that was broken...so not every player with a chain debuff but only the two players that are newly separated from each other.

But ya you basically got it the key is not to panic and just insta-snap them all. The ticking damage is predictable and fairly light the only issue is if multiple break at once and you burst someone down (or aoe other players with the chain explosion).

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have hunters? The good thing about them is they can feign death which will make Xhul re-target the chains and could put it back on the mage. If all else fails you would just have to handle them normally. Don't break below 50% hp and go slowly and one at a time.

You can do it w/ a single Mage although it is a bit more complex this way. Hunters/Priests can both force a retarget of the Chains so if you keep them out with the Mage, you should still be able to game the mechanic. Make sure everybody in the ranged group has these WAs:

Normal chains:
    Code:
    dafWfaqEqSEfPQ9trgWIuzraIlrPQ8jffAuuaNIc0MwuHzPOilBrLSljjJBrvw3IsAyaPJHQAzuLEMIQAAavdnOCnjP2gi13aiJtrY5aKoWIuSqQQEifQjQOsDrkOxSOOgjGQtQiEPIkAMar3ea1oPO(jqyOOk50OSuaKNcnvqDvkKncs(QIsmwfLYzvuQoiLkxlaAUOkgmLYEf3Rsv1)wKshMklws8yfMSsUmYMLuFwIgnvLJwPk)fvEna1SvQBlHDRQFtYWPKhUOGLtQNl10jUUkBNQ47Ok14buUfa4WpWblcUcUcCW7fnRSK0bo4IA5EMe0A7Gq6GT60d6EMe0A7Gq6GT60dkOFv38dEnX1QtpO7zsQe8AIBrTCptI)G3ZKGwBhesh8AIRvNEqPsWRjU7zs8hj44ArvatatmYA5eki5HEjyT6fO2UYoimWNy8CccJGb5eZggu0SYssh4GT60d6EMeehZW80dF0kyBr79Kvq(tbn4af0GRt7eM6do)GlQL7zsqRTdcPd2QtpOGbVM4UNjXFWRjUwD6bDptsLGcelki5HEj41exBr79Kv8h8EYd9sqHvqRGKh6LGgRkQ4et2aPQmO70oyiwuW52q)gbfubVM4A1PhuQe8AIRTO92SRGsLGVRGcASph7Bt2u1MSbfTdEnX1w0GvZgCT60d6EMe)bVM4wul3ZK4pyBr7TzxbfeS5amaeSPfS5zYM9MgWMvWMlWaq7nDGz)2BMdEnX5oTdgIfLkrcwREjOHBpgnXKnOuVe0hXk9jXSxqbn4w5wbo4IvxZg3wGe4Gf3wybosKGA3GcCWIBlSahjsWRjUN8q6ujO420lboyXTfwGJejOwTPahS42clWrIejyT6fKn9um7f8GlwBTDqqXnaCh0(ScQPsM6HHyrbzd1hK9mHBOkS2KqRyMFq3qyQVdCWwCAjWblOUDLuWGlfxRUFf)blOUDLeNaXIcI2n7bB19RGtEH01UbXJDRfi(MNzHCa2Ut7AEayAXC8GQ7xnp2X0axP)QuLLbxkUcQBxjf)bB19lUHp3)0oia7AH0rIeSf3aWnVuSxcASHMHneGc6wlMWuVBZjAwzjP7ahZ8dCqrZkljDGdkqSOGJRfvrWX1IQiy99dHPEdyqt20KC63KnJEMmPn6zIbasfv3EfNUKeGmtMSbeRTdcPbIbnzJ(vW(QqEOxWRUMbSGCgBhcZHW2bqWbh(ObGdEwlNqbhxlQcobIffSfNCDqYd9sqGtUT4lyFvip0l8st1mGfe5LHGeKrcEVOzLLKoWbhxlQIG13peM6nGbnzttYPFt2e9rMSr)ksKibbgiQRBscuacA(vd0QH2l0tn)Q5xnOEtnaa(ub5nBj(IzVGcAq2ki0v5LB28D7ze4kTBWzwPlCBoJ95yFh8VcynRSK0Dm7niequx3KeOGUAVac8PakFWNcOacq8HMFQbaWbp4I1wBhKjd1hCYlKU2niEMmuFZd79WvW6bxleT5n5Su)WNJ9bhk1EP49h)rc2b9wf)QaTkqd6jM5dUx(rsa

Empowered chains:
    Code:
    dCL0faqEqz9kIQ9tGbei1IaQ6seuAnbuzuusCkkPSPaiZca0WcqSSaO2LKsJRsQwxGK9fqPJPiTmq0ZaennaHHojxdaPTbGY3akgNIiDoasonQ2OKIdsPYsbu5afu9GaQ6HukMiarxeK8IavnmqQrcKCsjvFcqXlbi1mbQCtaL2jL4NaHHsjP)IspQsv5PqtffxLsPbdQ(kLQQXQiIZQikpla4AbrZLGSqQkVRGI7vPk)lGIdtLflbpwHjRKlJSzf1NLOrlHoAiSxXRbsnBL62uLDRQFt0Wj0ddq1YP45snDsxxLTtv13vegpqPBbq4mnmb9cUcUctqyGyEUjnwasWaDWX1Q0JHaRAR4YPuqYp9AWz5R1SDLDqgqv3ganiSLbC1Tavq1Wlljtyc2YZmO75AqCaWTUzuKwbB5zguWkahechcaFLWamvaGkaleaDfaPcOcUoJt5Ypiqg8AI1Dghdmrkfc2I0ExFfC6KcOadyaObVMyVNRXxWRj2wEMbDpxtHGkmrki5NEn41eBls7D9v8f0DghdmrkiGekF2wtnbj)0RbTr6vWPcGdozzW7j)0RbvUhTcEnX2YZmOui41eBls7TfNhLcbFNhfekpr5eKHwcGBtrh)BbWLZcGxdTdEnX2I0GpZhST8md6EUgFbVMyxuR3Z14lyls7TfNhfSY(Gq4vwVsyQazL9QSheaFfifaVcavbYkatL1fahcHxbuva4kqcbqxzpia(GlQ175AqXTdgzIgCw(AqO2(TTUa41iFnyrIxwuJfiHg6GBPBfMGl(8mFCBfwyc6DBLhMOrdACdkmb9UTYdt0ObVMyFYpzsHGQBtVgMGE3w5HjA0Gg5MctqVBR8WenA0GZYxr(KtXcKarWfVf3oyO6gGUdkSIbnujx(mWePG8H8dYFUYoKEIBsPvSmnOBOC53HjyRoJgMGEu3UskyWLKTL3VIVGEu3UsIvHjsbr7MSGljRh1TRKIVGT8(vW6VsMz3GeYU1ceFlK9toqB3zCTqalT4oHq59Rwi74gqjnFTYYYGT8(f7OO7FAheyDTsMOrd2QBa62Qs(RbTbklmqbCb5RGaSAHKDskEBGbusJBWcLNOCcYqlwBk64FheSGyEUjnwaeqcnycobFPfJfiHg6GU1IRC572SQHxwsMomXY0Weun8YsYeMGkmrk44Av6fCCTk9coF)q5Y3kwtaCdPN5fa32NR1BBFUAfWxq29u1zkjf8aqbWbV42bJmG3AcGt)kyFfi)0R4npZbBqwBSdzyrg7aoMGJI0a0bpXLtPGJRvPhRctKc2QtVoi5NEniOi3wlgSVcKF6vRAOzoydIwfkWbUObVxn8YsYeMGJRvPxW57hkx(wXAcGBi9mVa4Q5ibWPFfnA0G)5Xy4LLKPJfidEVA4LLKjmbVMyVNRXxWwEMbDpxdkUDWitWwEMbf0NS7PbVMyB5zg09CnfcEnXUOwVNRXxW75AqXTdgzcEnX2YZmOui4IA9EUguC7GrMObx8wC7GvFi)G1FLmZUbju9H8BH4VFwpEpyBLO9eKtu(JIo(hCiL7LCIp(IgSdczTtRf6AHoO)yzkqa50Oja
    (Note: Make sure players go to Trigger and type in their own names otherwise it will not work.)

You have about 3 seconds to react to the chains so unless they're tunneling hard, both the Hunters and the Priest should be able to drop fairly effectively.

A single mage can not immune every chain even if you get lucky enough to force it on them using hunters/priests. He casts chains ~30seconds after the previous one and eva is a 45s CD. You can use snap/IB on farm kills to only use a single mage but there is little chance a progression kill will down it before the third chain.

Deleted
    If you get the Fel / Void Surge debuff run to the edges of the room.

Hope that helps.

We did it with 3 hunters and 1 mage in our chains group. Sometimes we were unlucky and it would go back on to one of the hunters that had already feigned but we would just deterrence and disengage breaking them instantly and taking no damage from them. Its not the best strategy but it worked.

Deleted
    2 mages is the minimum. 1 mage goes on CD on some of them. We usually do it with 1 mage lately but it just assumes you will get chains some of the time.

The main thing to know about the empowered chains is that they are relatively safe if all 3 are full HP and then 2 of them get damage by breaking one side and then being healed again. Otherwise it needs major dmg reduction cds, or not breaking at all. The normal chains do 0 dmg at breaking so they can be broken immediately.

If you have 1 mage a nice trick is to have him call when chains are coming and he's on CD because those chains WILL happen so you can prepare mentally.

Deleted
    It is also entirely doable with just hunters for example if you have a discipline priest who's on the ball with absorbs. Keeping an EAA, throwing a CoW on each target and having PW Shield ready to go can get you through chain breaking as long as you have some minor cd's rolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinze View Post
    It is also entirely doable with just hunters for example if you have a discipline priest who's on the ball with absorbs. Keeping an EAA, throwing a CoW on each target and having PW Shield ready to go can get you through chain breaking as long as you have some minor cd's rolling.
    If you have no way of dropping it entirely, anyone can be chains group. I'm thinking now, there are probably smart ways one could use for dealing with that. For example, maybe someone could invent a positioning that lets two pre-determined players with damage reductions get chains because if I recall correctly, after you bait the chains, and you have the debuff, the chains-proper is going to be applied to the closest targets to you and not to the furthest anymore *but I'm not perfectly certain about that part.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-05-28 at 01:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    If you have no way of dropping it entirely, anyone can be chains group. I'm thinking now, there are probably smart ways one could use for dealing with that. For example, maybe someone could invent a positioning that lets two pre-determined players with damage reductions get chains because if I recall correctly, after you bait the chains, and you have the debuff, the chains-proper is going to be applied to the closest targets to you and not to the furthest anymore *but I'm not perfectly certain about that part.
    That's true, we used hunters as the chain group though because they were also kiting out the void adds so it was a 2 birds with 1 stone kind of thing. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    A single mage can not immune every chain even if you get lucky enough to force it on them using hunters/priests. He casts chains ~30seconds after the previous one and eva is a 45s CD. You can use snap/IB on farm kills to only use a single mage but there is little chance a progression kill will down it before the third chain.
    I didn't mean to make it seem as if a single Mage could still do all chains. When we used a single Mage we Eva'd 1/3 chains and dealt with 2/4 chains. Since the chains went to the out group and one of them was a Disc we were prepared to break accordingly.

The way we do it for farm is just 2 hunters and a mage. We have another hunter waiting in the wings to come out if one of us gets Void Surge, since you can't be targeted by chains when you have it, nor do you count as the clump group. Normally chains are fine even without using FD as I can just use Evenesce anyways and negate the fel snapback damage. Once it gets to empowered chains, we'll handle the first one and just hold the second one until the boss dies.

Quote Originally Posted by evotech View Post
    Hey guys,

Hoping you can offer some advice for the Xhul fight. Unfortunately, we will only have 1 mage available for our next pulls so trying to formulate a plan on dealing with the Empowered Chains.

The usual strat as far as I know is to have 3 mages. When Empowered Chains goes off on one of them they immediately immune it so the mechanic never happens.

Are there any other ways of dealing with the chains without relying on the mages? Note, we won't have any paladins available either and likely just 1 mage. We do have a few priests however and a warlock if that helps.

Please let me know if you know of any strategies that don't rely on mages immuning the mechanic completely.

Thank you in advance!
    Our first kill we only had 1 mage, do you have hunters? If so how many. And how many Shadow Priests? You absolutely need a Shaman as well to use Grounding Totem on every Void Debuff. You have a group of 4 outside of the ranged group, further away than anyone from the boss. You have time in between casts of Empowered Chains, you have to have the hunter targeted with it use Feign Death before the cast goes off, or a Shadow Priest use Spectral Guise. This will make him target a new target with Chains, you do this until he targets the Mage. Also worth noting he will NEVER cast Empowered Chains on someone who has the void debuff, which is why you have a Shaman use Grounding Totem on every one(because he has a tendency to target one of the furthest away with the debuff). You need at least 4 people for Empowered Chains to not pick a random target, We had 1 Mage and 3 Hunters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You need at least 4
    You need 3 but 4 is a good idea for moderate redundancy.

You need 3 out, but 1-2 in the wings if you get a Void Surge.

You need 4 cos 1 will get void surge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    You need 3 out, but 1-2 in the wings if you get a Void Surge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You need 4 cos 1 will get void surge.
    Shamans can prevent the application of the void surge debuff but void surge is an additional reason to have the redundancy in case the totem tactic goes wrongly (and it often does) yes.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-05-28 at 07:54 AM.