Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I never gg if I win or lose, but if the enemy team GGs even though they won with no effort, then I get annoyed. It's not fun, and there's very little I can do about it since I have to rely on five others. I always try to nudge people to check their flanks, listen for footsteps, and if need be, turn off the music.

I call them out on it and get called salty. Bunch of millennials spamming twitch tier memes like salt over and over again.

Games been out a week and I somewhat regret purchasing it.
    Last edited by Dragon Claws; 2016-05-28 at 01:29 AM.

I usually try to say GG either way, particularly if the other team thoroughly stomped us. Be a good sport, commend people for playing well.

I've had some great moments post-match between myself and another player with whom we were constantly trading kills.

Wait a second. This game Overwatch, it's an online game, yes? And what you're telling me is that there are people in this online game... that are douchebags? I simply won't hear of it. There's no way that can be true.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Some of you are actually trotting into SJW "muh feelz" territory. You cannot hold someone accountable for things outside of their control. Nobody can control how people react to things but the people who react. Is concept of emotional control and "not assuming malice" mean anything to you? Go further into this and you will slowly start assuming malice and insult in everything. And to top it all of what is the drama over? A game... a motherfucking game made to played for fun. Please stop giving the "not acceptable in proffesional setting" bullshit. This is a casual gaming forum about WoW news, there's a good chance all those pros who make a living on gaming are preoccupied on figuring out new strats and improving their micro and would not waste time on some invisible unproven malice.

1st world problem in gaming acted out by people using examples of situations that will never realistically apply to them. This is what this thread is really about.

Deleted
    Dont type GG after uve won a game, its bad etiquette

say GG after u lose

kids these days have no respect anymore

People feeling insulted by GG...how sad.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Not when winning and when the opponent doesn't say it first. Go watch a few dozen matches in tournaments and you'll see the loser says it and the winner says it afterwards. You'll notice that there are rules in kespa and gsl that state you're not allowed to say it without the loser saying it first. I feel like you people don't know shit about the competitive scene in ANY game, ever. There are rules against this stuff for VERY good reason. Because it isn't sportsmanlike to gloat like that. You might not see it as gloating, but that's exactly how others see it.
    I think you should go back and watch some actually. Honestly go google some tournaments right now that have the chat on and see..

I always say ez brizi no matter what.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say it every game, whether its close, we get stomped, or they stomp us.
    I don't care about losing in this game because the games have basically no meaning in long term progression, and the go for 10 mins max.

The only game I've ever been salty is when I got stuck against 3 reihn's who were attacking on Payload. My team was too hopeless to deal with it, so we got stomped and they started to spam 'EZ, way too ez'.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    gg is good manners.

ez is what you say to make the other team mad.
    This. If they actually wanted to BM you, they'd type "ez" after edging you out in 3 minutes of overtime.
    MW | BW

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you feel insulted when the opposing team who just destroyed you and your team types in match chat: "gg" after the match ends?

I had a guy whisper me after I said "gg" after we completely annihilated their team (all the ending portraits to vote on were on our team), and he called me a "faggot" and said "i was a no lifer" and other insults, and ended with "dont say gg after winning nub"

Is this common?
    Crazy people are crazy. gg is like shaking hands after a real life sports game, its polite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you feel insulted when the opposing team who just destroyed you and your team types in match chat: "gg" after the match ends?

I had a guy whisper me after I said "gg" after we completely annihilated their team (all the ending portraits to vote on were on our team), and he called me a "faggot" and said "i was a no lifer" and other insults, and ended with "dont say gg after winning nub"

Is this common?
    GG is difficult. It means good game, but they usually really aren't good games. It's meant as a respectful thing to do after a match, that's how it established itself over the years. But if you have people new to the genre or online competitive games (let's not kid ourselves, all of these games are vs. other players hence competetive), they learn that it means "good game" and don't understand that it's just a phrase to say.

Kinda like a handshake after a tennis match. Doesn't mean anything other than that.

Doesn't stop me from saying "not really" when it wasn't a good game. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Same problem as with HS, you can't really communicate with people, so they instantly think you're being a dick. For the person typing GG might mean "I've had fun, and it was a close match, thanks for that", for the enemy you might be trying to rub it into his face.

Problem might be solved with some kind of voice com, only within the team during the match and for all players after match ends. People might stick around in lobby, talk about cool moments of the match and if someone's being a smug asshole about it, he is just muted. Yeah, that's utopean as hell.

So far I've only seen "gg" from the opposing team after they completely steamrolled us. This combined with a fact that clearly it was not actually a good game does indeed make me suspect they are just going for more subtle mockery. Either way I'm not going to react, gloating deserves no response and even if it was honest I don't agree with that and I don't say shit I don't mean. So, whatever.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I started playing playing FPS games ages ago (Quake, Counter-strike alpha, Team Fortress etc), you only said GG if the match was close and exciting. If you said it when you stomped the enemy team, you got condemned. If you did it often/all the time, good luck getting matches, people avoided you and your team.

I personally say BG when it's a blowout, GG if it's close and even matchup.
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

Deleted
    Whatever game; I say "GG" whether I win or lose IF the game was good. I won't say GG if either team had a leaver/disconnect, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim32 View Post
    TO me GG is fine - even if you were dominated. It's a much better thing to say "lol l2p noob" or "ez win". GG even if you don't mean it means to the other player you had fun. Usually...
    -Grim
    ^ what he said.
    I only typed "gg" in match chat if I enjoyed the match; it doesn't matter whether my team is winning / losing.
    I tend to leave the game early if I ain't enjoying it.
    PS: bastion is just anti fun.

I type GG even when i got my ass handed to me. lol. Because it was fun either way. sometimes you get handed a loss from the get go because your team isn't a team.

7+ Year Old Account
    people get offended by anything nowadays.
    gg means good game, if you feel insulted by that you have problems.

i use it if i had fun and enjoyed the game, even if i've lost.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-05-28 at 02:05 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

I've said GG when I lose, I've said it when I win.. it's just a way to express I had fun playing and thanks being part of the match >.>
    I consider it almost equivalent to the handshakes and back pats after football or tennis, a sign of sportsmanship.
    Last edited by Felnoire; 2016-05-28 at 03:15 PM.