Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I don't care if people didn't like the idea of Tirion as fourth Horseman, having Darion die as DK to be raised as uber-DK is way dumber than that.
    Wouldn't be the first time someone undead dies and gets rerisen. And the character fits the role. And considering what happens to him, Tirion's probably out of reach for the job anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Also are we sure this was an actual change or did people assume the Tirion thing would succeed based on some datamined lines mentioning the attempt?
    What we had to assume regarding who would end up as the fourth horseman was scenario objectives in previous beta and alpha changes lists. The first one said to raise him, but it's since been changed, and the last time we saw it, there was no definitive answer from that, only that we'd be "defeating" lady liadrin.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    What we had to assume regarding who would end up as the fourth horseman was scenario objectives in previous beta and alpha changes lists. The first one said to raise him, but it's since been changed, and the last time we saw it, there was no definitive answer from that, only that we'd be "defeating" lady liadrin.
    Ah. Yeah they may well have changed it then, wouldn't be the first or last story change to come from alpha/beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Wouldn't be the first time someone undead dies and gets rerisen. And the character fits the role. And considering what happens to him, Tirion's probably out of reach for the job anyway.
    No, but isn't that great when is done to such a main character. Let alone that people complained about Tirion dying and being immediately risen, Darion has barely the time to die that he gets "rerisen" as...well, what he was already, just a bit stronger. This alone makes him the most underwhelming of the Horsemen. And yes, it also contributes in making Tirion's abrupt and underwhelming death feeling even more pointless. I can't deny it, I just think is an awful idea.

But again, this is not the first one I saw, the change on Nathanos' model is another one I'm not going to easily digest if it's going live.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2016-05-27 at 08:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

No, but isn't that great when is done to such a main character. Let alone that people complained about Tirion dying and being immediately risen, Darion has barely the time to die that he gets "rerisen" as...well, what he was already, just a bit stronger. This alone makes him the most underwhelming of the Horsemen. And yes, it also contributes in making Tirion's abrupt and underwhelming death feeling even more pointless. I can't deny it, I just think is an awful idea.

But again, this is not the first one I saw, the change on Nathanos' model is another one I'm going to easily digest if it's going live.
    What did they change about Nathanos?

As for Tirion I don't have a problem with him dying. And as for Mograine, we'll have to see how he falls, it could be an interesting scene at light's hope and he may yet get some character development out of this.

I don't care if people didn't like the idea of Tirion as fourth Horseman, having Darion die as DK to be raised as uber-DK is way dumber than that.
    Shame he isn't a Forsaken DK. We'd have triple layer of undeath. Also, is Bolvar personally resurrecting the Horsemen, or where is Darion's powerboost coming from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Shame he isn't a Forsaken DK. We'd have triple layer of undeath. Also, is Bolvar personally resurrecting the Horsemen, or where is Darion's powerboost coming from?
    I think someone else in the thread said a special tome/ritual was used for raising a horseman, so that would probably be the source of it. The audio implies we raise him. I'm not 100% if he'd really get one or not though, it could be more a case of 'Darion has proven he's perfect for this job and Tirion didn't work out so let's reraise him' even without a power boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    You don't know? Oh dear. I drop an hint: human.

As for Tirion I don't have a problem with him dying.
    I have a problem with the way he dies, fairly shallow and underwhelming IMO. Being raised as DK would have given a purpose at least to such event, instead of looking as literally no more of an excuse to give the Ashbringer to players.

And as for Mograine, we'll have to see how he falls, it could be an interesting scene at light's hope and he may yet get some character development out of this.
    Honestly I'm fairly uninterested about the way he falls. In regards of character development, maybe he could have got one without stealing a Horseman spot, spots belonged to people actually raised to undeath and turned into DKs. I mean, this was basically the most interesting thing about this idea in the first place. That's why I was always against the notion of getting people like Thassarian and Koltira, Darion disappoint a bit less than them but still a disappointment for me.

I don't know, I can hardly change my mind on that until something else is revealed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

You don't know? Oh dear. I drop an hint: human.

I have a problem with the way he dies, fairly shallow and underwhelming IMO. Being raised as DK would have given a purpose at least to such event, instead of looking as literally no more of an excuse to give the Ashbringer to players.

Honestly I'm fairly uninterested about the way he falls. In regards of character development, maybe he could have got one without stealing a Horseman spot, spots belonged to people actually raised to undeath and turned into DKs. I mean, this was basically the most interesting thing about this idea in the first place. That's why I was always against the notion of getting people like Thassarian and Koltira, Darion disappoint a bit less than them but still a disappointment for me.

I don't know, I can hardly change my mind on that until something else is revealed.
    Ah right that. Doesn't really bug me since I'm not much interested in the Forsaken in general but I can see why that would bug people.

Tirion's death is also part of selling the real threat of the Legion. They're not going to raze kingdoms like in WC 3 so they're using character deaths to sell the severity of the situation. If they wanted to keep Tirion alive but give us Ashbringer they could have dome something similar to Thrall. Maybe I just don't mind it much because I never found Tirion to be an engaging character, at least not in Wrath onward, he was a bit interesting in Vanilla for me.

I can see why you'd be against an existing death knight becoming a horseman, but as far as personal taste goes I'd still take him over Tirion as a horseman, I guess that's just something where we have different opinions.

As for Tirion I don't have a problem with him dying. And as for Mograine, we'll have to see how he falls, it could be an interesting scene at light's hope and he may yet get some character development out of this.
    His new model:

Throwing my 2 cents in: I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with Tirion being reanimated, depending on how it was handled, but the assault would have made the Silver Hand look utterly incompetent, and knowing Blizzard they'd never retaliate.

people - you probably missed a huge part about this Horsemen thing.

1) Tome of the Damned allow us BRING back dead as Death knight, and we have mighty weapon wich probably give them some more power than others. OUR character ressurect every Horseman by himself. Not Mograine, not Bolvar - WE (someone who want to see - look wowhead playlist, there is part with 3 of them raised). And because of that (at least i think so) we will later will be able to recruit new dk to order (Ebon knight and Ebon Ravager)
    2) Why four? i will leave this to Kel'thuzad and blizz. Would be interesting to read why this number (if it's explained) and not other (i understand that this is in favour of "Apocalypse", but such mythology not excist in azethor, or at least we not know about it)
    3) what makes them special? BOND (listen Bolvar words again). They are linked together, wich probably quadruple power of every one of them (or something like that). Before they are linked - they just powerfull DK. But after - ... you get it.
    4) Special mounts - salanar asking us to bring saddles and reins from steeds of MIGHTY and DARK fighters (Arthas, headless, etc.) + Mission table - quests http://legion.wowhead.com/search?q=Unholy+Attainment for http://legion.wowhead.com/quest=4392...tes-of-anguish
    Read description - mounts will be something VEEEEERY special. And again probably will be lined with it's rider too, and empower him (maybe mount is some type of becon for this powers from Unholy attainment and channel this powers to it's rider who will use this energies to wreack havoc on the battlefield).

In my opinion - Four Horsemen is 4 individuals who link their mind together, where is one holding this bond (whitemane) and one is commanding (leader). 2 others are "enforcers" (Naz and Thoras). In result we get 4 VERY powerfull beings who sharing some power and acting as ONE. (imagine squad of 4 special force military have some kind of thelepathy? - dreadfull). quest for fourth probably not last one - last one (i think) will be ritual for their "bond" and giving them mounts.

About Bolvar voice - i still waiting for this on beta. His lines can be not in propper order so, jugging by that who is next is hard. (and i still hope that Tirion is next... i don't want my ass kicked in Light Hope second time).

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    2) Why four? i will leave this to Kel'thuzad and blizz. Would be interesting to read why this number (if it's explained) and not other (i understand that this is in favour of "Apocalypse", but such mythology not excist in azethor, or at least we not know about it)
    The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse.
    And Metallica :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wanted tirion to be the fourth horseman, shame, paladins have been bitching about everything this xpac.

Can someone remind me who it was on this forum who suddenly decided to make a big deal about Nathanos Blightcaller, who's role within WoW has been nothing more than a quest giver? Like c'mon guys, lets not act like Blizzard is destroying the sanctity of some celebrity character. I know he has lore, I know he's the leader of the dark rangers, I know who he is. It doesn't change the fact that he's been a nobody within WoW's lore unless you really dug deep
    Oh, actually read his Wowpedia article, so he was a <Hunter Trainer> too? Such deep character design. Mountains out of ant hills people, please.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Can someone remind me who it was on this forum who suddenly decided to make a big deal about Nathanos Blightcaller, who's role within WoW has been nothing more than a quest giver? Like c'mon guys, lets not act like Blizzard is destroying the sanctity of some celebrity character. I know he has lore, I know he's the leader of the dark rangers, I know who he is. It doesn't change the fact that he's been a nobody within WoW's lore unless you really dug deep
    Oh, actually read his Wowpedia article, so he was a <Hunter Trainer> too? Such deep character design. Mountains out of ant hills people, please.
    Hes always been a popular character among people who played back as classic. the model change spits at his lore because he shouldn't have some perfect human body, he got gutted by an abomination and his face torn off and he was left to rot and risen by the scourge. He also treats players like imbecile sacks of crap which is a nice change of tone from the constant praise they get.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

So much happier that the Paladins seemingly beat back the DKs and they don't get ahold of Tirion, with Darion dying on top of it.

Although after hearing the new VOs for the Lich King, I don't know how anybody can argue that the Death Knights aren't just his pawns once again. Just instead of by force (Not talking about if he could force them if he wanted, btw) but by offering his blessing/goodies instead.

Y'all are just following the Lich King again, ya dummies!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    So much happier that the Paladins seemingly beat back the DKs and they don't get ahold of Tirion, with Darion dying on top of it.

Although after hearing the new VOs for the Lich King, I don't know how anybody can argue that the Death Knights aren't just his pawns once again. Just instead of by force (Not talking about if he could force them if he wanted, btw) but by offering his blessing/goodies instead.

Y'all are just following the Lich King again, ya dummies!
    Ha. Intelligent villains. I love it, can you imagine the twist of Bolvar giving DKs "quests" like... Idk, slaughtering a chapel full of Paladins or spreading undeath and raising the dead into an army? Then Darion is looking all smug, then stops and has a revelation... "Awwww god damn it not again!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    His new model:

Throwing my 2 cents in: I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with Tirion being reanimated, depending on how it was handled, but the assault would have made the Silver Hand look utterly incompetent, and knowing Blizzard they'd never retaliate.
    Is it possible that Nathanos' original Forsaken body was severely damaged in the fight against Genn/explosion of the Skyfire and that this is a new body for him to inhabit? (Perhaps that of a dead Skyfire Marine or something?) Seems like a very deliberate change.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Ha. Intelligent villains. I love it, can you imagine the twist of Bolvar giving DKs "quests" like... Idk, slaughtering a chapel full of Paladins or spreading undeath and raising the dead into an army? Then Darion is looking all smug, then stops and has a revelation... "Awwww god damn it not again!"
    Exactly. After hearing the voice over for that part, I was completely thinking that the Lich King just wanted to destroy Light's Hope Chapel. Getting Tirion might be a plus, but he wanted to finally destroy that place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    Is it possible that Nathanos' original Forsaken body was severely damaged in the fight against Genn/explosion of the Skyfire and that this is a new body for him to inhabit? (Perhaps that of a dead Skyfire Marine or something?) Seems like a very deliberate change.
    No he uses this model the entire duration of the game now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I really wanted tirion to be the fourth horseman, shame, paladins have been bitching about everything this xpac.
    The Ebon Blade's already on thin ice with the rest of the world because of their nature. I'm not sure sacking Light's Hope and turning the former Ashbringer into one of the Four Horsemen while taking orders from the Lich King would have helped their case.

They'd be about one renovation away from turning Acherus into a second Naxxramas.