10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I loved when he accepted the mak'gora and went full Bumi from The Last Airbender
    My favourite scene with him was the killing of the deer where he sucked its life dry to give it to Thrall. Also, imagine that the deer must have seen the Orcs travel through the portal. It must have been scared stiff that it just stood there till Gul'dan did his thing. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Have you seen the movie in the first fucking place?
    I asked him that like 50 pages ago lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Have you seen the movie in the first fucking place?
    Have you? I keep forgetting who has and who hasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isurith View Post
    Yeah but my real question is "is that great knowning that only 3 countries are counted and for only 2 days + 1 premiere" ?
    Only 3 countries? Missed that. In that case I think it is good. The Germany opening days were the biggest so far this year for them, which is fairly impressive.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2016-05-28 at 06:01 PM.

Deleted
    http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefil...lm=129526.html

Just noticed that the number of french people marking and reviewing it is increasing very fast. And the public mark started at 4.2, it's now a 4.4. Even the "pro-critics" aren't that bad, except 2 that are not coming from really great media. Even the "2/5" are pretty positive about the movie being a prequel of something bigger and better.

Cheer up guys, we're gonna have this cinematic universe i'm sure about it !

Just saw the movie, solid 8.5/10. Dialogue was a bit weird from time to time and I'm not a big fan of how Garona was portrayed but that's about it, no other complaints. CGI was spot on, Gul'dan was badass, and attention to detail was amazing (like harvest golems in westfall and other things which i won't talk about because I don't want to spoil the movie).
    I'll definitely go to see it again next week and i can't wait for the next movie.
    P.S. This movie taught me something: NEVER judge the movie by its trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Have you? I keep forgetting who has and who hasn't.
    Me? No at all, but he's vehemently arguing with someone who did. To argue in such manner with someone who watched the movie I think he should have at least watched the movie himself. Let alone Vegas' arguing pretty much falls in "the cut parts could change nothing, deal with it" which is a moot point, just a cynical assumption sustained by no arguments at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    Russian orcs are fine
    IMHO, many of them were (voices) way too artificial, some orc voices sounded metallic, you'd expect a robot to speak this way, not a creature of flesh and bones. Durotan was okayish, Orgrim was worse, Blackhand was the worst. They could have tuned them much better. Human voices were quite good though.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-05-28 at 06:34 PM.

So, without any spoilers, how was blackhand?

With spoilers, did Garona kill Llane?
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Okay most of the audience likes the movie and it's doing well in the box office but critics hate it? What the hell.

http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefil...lm=129526.html

Just noticed that the number of french people marking and reviewing it is increasing very fast. And the public mark started at 4.2, it's now a 4.4. Even the "pro-critics" aren't that bad, except 2 that are not coming from really great media. Even the "2/5" are pretty positive about the movie being a prequel of something bigger and better.

Cheer up guys, we're gonna have this cinematic universe i'm sure about it !
    http://www.kino.dk/film/w/wa/warcraft

Here the users has given it 5.3, while critics gave it 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    Okay most of the audience likes the movie and it's doing well in the box office but critics hate it? What the hell.
    Just wait for the day critics get used to videogame movies like they have to superheroes. You'll see them compare other movies to Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Just wait for the day critics get used to videogame movies like they have to superheroes. You'll see them compare other movies to Warcraft.
    i remember seeing John Carter and I fucking loved it...and I thought to myself "if they can nail the CGI in a Warcraft movie like they did the Horde in this film it will be unreal" and guess what they bloody well did. critics expect every damn movie to be a fucking shawshank redemption unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post

He was menacing as well as not a one note character. Once Durotan is marked a traitor, Blackhand catches both Durotan and Draka in their tent. However, he he is reluctant to kill Draka and Thrall because he does not consider himself a murderer of innocents. Especially since Durotan gives himself up in the very same scene to spare his clan and his family.

As for Garona, yes. However, Llane sacrifices himself to save Garona, and she is taking the honour kill from Blackhand to make her a hero for the Orcs. No mind control going on whatsoever.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-05-28 at 06:42 PM.

Deleted

Blackhand was great but we don't see enough to get really the idea behind the character imo.

And yes.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    i remember seeing John Carter and I fucking loved it...and I thought to myself "if they can nail the CGI in a Warcraft movie like they did the Horde in this film it will be unreal" and guess what they bloody well did. critics expect every damn movie to be a fucking shawshank redemption unfortunately.
    At some point they've accepted superhero blockbusters. Aswell as 80s and 90s action films as "classics". Those critics are hypocrites to say Warcraft isn't good because it's not LotR.

Obviously the ones who don't like action won't ever speak positively of a blockbuster. But that's fine, it's a completely different form of entertainment.

Blackhand was great but we don't see enough to get really the idea behind the character imo.

And yes.
    I don't agree with that, I doubt anybody does not get what he is about after seeing the movie.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely a movie for the fans of Warcraft, however will most likely pleasantly surprise fantasy fans as well.
    Okay, just went to watch this movie with my wife and I have to say, although the story has been rewritten a little bit for the big screen. It is AMAZING, the music and the ambiance seriously reels you in (both my wife and I were left dumbstruck by how the well the CGI is done and how beautiful Azeroth looks). Obviously, this is a movie mostly for the fans of Warcraft and WoW. People who aren't fans would probably still enjoy the movie due to how beautiful it is, but not to the extend that people who have invested years of their lives in the world of Azeroth. So I think I can speak on most fans behalf by saying that we REALLY hope for a continuance, with the really well known heroes and villains (Arthas, Illidan, Malfurion, Uther, Jaina etc).

Who cares what critics and reviewers think about anything? Nobody want's to take a chance at enjoying anything anymore. They have to be reassured by someone who may have some similar tastes or they won't go see a movie or buy a game anymore. People should go see it if they are curious. If they like it then bonus, if they didn't then oh well. I never read reviews on games or movies. I just buy them or see them. I've bought games that weer bad and seen bad movies. Reviews would not have made a difference since in all the cases the movies and games we critically acclaimed.

Deleted

I haven't watched the movie yet but I know for sure that Garona kills Llane because he asks her to do so.

U.S critics do, not popular ones at that...sooo yeah
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.