Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, no. I kind of like it now.

The original version of all the zones, IMO, were better designed. Sure they may be prettier to look at post-Cata, but the magic is missing. Thousand Needles was ruined as you said, but what about old Southshore vs Tarren mill?

Deleted
    really was awesome, indeed...

I'm mixed. I like the aesthetics of old Thousand Needles better, but the quests and story was vastly improved by Cataclysm. At least from an Alliance perspective.

Old thousand needles would have been amazing to have a flying quest through.

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    Is there even anything to do in the actual thousand needles zone now, apart from the former shimmering flats with the barge, or is it just a canoe ride? I can't even remember how I accessed the canoe ride that one time.
    You start it from Feralas side as alliance and I think from southern barrens side as a horde. You're sent on various errands from the barge - here is piece of shore with pirates, here is another piece of shore with centaurs, he are some underwater quests (bleh), and then you do to the ruins of the tauren camp and then to some other piece of shore. All these outskirts of the zone you need to travel to are making it tedious in my opinion.

Deleted
    Their idea in Cata was cool, execution was ok in my opinion.
    I personally think that the original Thousand Needles missed some opportunities to be even cooler than it was.

I guess I miss all the old zones in a way, just because it feels weird to think they are gone forever unless if you decide to play on private servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolcan View Post
    having one of my most favorite places taken away is so sad. Thousand needles carried alot of Nostalgia, from questing to gathering mets, and to well to ganking It has this atmosphere that reminded me of the old warcraft, specially the elevators stuck between this area and barrens just looking at thousand needles from the top is soo epic. I dont know if you agree but I wish the water goes away already.
    Only the race circuit, the rest was really boring XD (i wonder how many persons, talking about the old region for good or bad, actually are referring to the big dry salt lake only, rather than to the rest of the canyon :P)

Deleted
    Of course I miss it. The whole world revamp was a huge failure in general.

I remember running there to open up that flight to Gadgetzan. Having those bastard npc's trying to kill me. Oh, memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolcan View Post
    having one of my most favorite places taken away is so sad. Thousand needles carried alot of Nostalgia, from questing to gathering mets, and to well to ganking It has this atmosphere that reminded me of the old warcraft, specially the elevators stuck between this area and barrens just looking at thousand needles from the top is soo epic. I dont know if you agree but I wish the water goes away already.
    The northern parts were pretty iconic looking, but the flats were pretty boring, lore wise - the only reason to go was the race track. I wouldnt say I miss it, as nothing particularly memorable happened there, pre-cata. It looked nice, I guess.

Thousands Needles was the worst leveling zone in the game pre Cata. No, I don't miss it. It was boring as shit.

The entire Thousand Needles zone is still in the game. The entire thing is inside the Razerfen Kraul dungeon. Just minus a few objects and quest givers. But if you want the old zone look you can still explore it perfectly fine. Just don't put in a GM ticket while you're out there exploring. Or you might get banned.

For me, I'm glad the zone is no longer a quest zone. It was boring as shit. Exploring it sucked. Questing in it sucked. The only good part about any of the vanilla zones was the music.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I think that area exists still in Hyjal...but I'm sure if I'm thinking of the right area it's vastly different now anyway.
    Darkwhisper Gorge. Parts of the Warlock quest chain took place there, to get your doomguard, I think. It was completely redone for Cata. One of the more creepy places in pre-cats WoW.

Deleted
    I never even saw it as a proper zone, in any respect. It was an awkward step in the phase of getting to Feralas and Tanaris, which were the big hitters.

I miss old Plaguelands, both Eastern and Western. There was so much despair and hopelessness, and tragedy of Lordaeron's fall. When I was questing there I felt in touch with that tragic but still epic story. And now these zones were made in some 'funny' circus-style adventure on a freaking wagon. Shame.
    Last edited by Muxtar; 2016-05-31 at 07:17 AM.

Deleted
    Dunno; i quite liked the new version when i done it on my tauren shaman back in the day.

You get to actualy see some "relevant lore" and you get to ride around on a superfast-boat.

IIRC you get to meet the leader of the Grimmtotem (the one who poisoned Garrosh's axe before the Mak'Gora) and to fight the twilights (Which was the overall theme of Cataclysm)

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the only time I ever went there was back in vanilla when I wanted my carrot on a stick. RIP Carrot

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    I miss old Plaguelands, both Eastern and Western. There was so much despair and hopelessness, and tragedy of Lordaeron's fall. When I was questing there I felt in touch with that tragic but still epic story. And now these zones were made in some 'funny' circus-style adventure on a freaking wagon. Shame.
    Please tell me they didn't get rid of the Battle Of Darrowshire quest chain. It was one of the best quest chains in the zone, and you needed a big group to do it. Pamela Redpath is one of the saddest things in the game - it's why I still remember it 11 years later.

I always liked the Western Plaguelands more. The Plague cauldrons finally told you what was going on, who was doing it - and taking him out in Andorhal. I spent a lot of time in Hearthglen, too - a lot of players never bothered with it. The Crusader enchant dropped there, I was there farming it for months. I always loved Scholomance - I did it back when you had to do quests in there, so I read a lot of the books in there, and ran it often. Really cool place back then - haven't run it since Cata, tho.The first full set of anything I ever got for my rogue, pre-raiding, was the Cadaverous set from Scholomance.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    Dang, I thought the whole Fiona's Caravan thing through EPL was one of the best cataclysm leveling experiences, but I can see how you might have preferred that story to take place in another lighter zone theme given the gravitas of the fall of Lordaeron.