Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I mean it's their choice of course, who they want to live in their village or community. Just a shame they have to pay money for this very basic liberty.

10+ Year Old Account
    $290k is not even enough to buy a house in Switzerland, while 10 refugees would probably need more than 1 house, among other expenses... Seems like a win to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I mean it's their choice of course, who they want to live in their village or community. Just a shame they have to pay money for this very basic liberty.
    Well, if they disagree with EU policies, they are always free to quit. If they want to get the benefits EU provides, while not following the treaties they signed... then yeah, gotta pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    I think people are confusing apples and oranges here. Refugee != Economy Tourists.
    You have the people who are, how to say politely - useless to a community and just want benefits - and then you've got the people fleeing for legit reasons.

The first group is usually a problem, the second group are usually educated and when they aren't, they don't come to cause problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, if they disagree with EU policies, they are always free to quit. If they want to get the benefits EU provides, while not following the treaties they signed... then yeah, gotta pay!
    Switzerland are not in the EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Switzerland are not in the EU.
    No? I wasn't aware. Then on what basis do they have to pay the fine? Or is it a particular village that pays the fine to the Swiss government? I am a bit confused here.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

They should take more of them. Those refugees deserve to be treated much better than they are now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Disgusting, the fine should be at least a dozen times as high.

No, that is not really your choice.
    Why?

Stop supporting charity with other peoples money and spend your own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    They should take more of them. Those refugees deserve to be treated much better than they are now.
    Why?

What have they done to earn it?

10+ Year Old Account
    No? I wasn't aware. Then on what basis do they have to pay the fine? Or is it a particular village that pays the fine to the Swiss government? I am a bit confused here.
    Yes, it is a fine from the Swiss Government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Yes, but sending them in a small village with 300 millionaires in it doesn't sound like a good idea. Why not send them in, say, Geneva, where, considering the size of the population, it won't affect anything much?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Yes, it is a fine from the Swiss Government.
    Ah, okay, I see. I didn't know villages there had this level of autonomy.

That's a pittance compared to the cost of a fertilizer bomb with nails going off and leveling half your townhall/courthouse

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, okay, I see. I didn't know villages there had this level of autonomy.
    Switzerland is an odd place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Disgusting, the fine should be at least a dozen times as high.
    Um, why?

I get we're talking about a village here, but it IS, in every conceivable context, a person's right to decide whether or not they allow someone to live in their home or, to decide if they spend their money housing someone else (or not, as the case may be).

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this is reasonable, and certainly not laudable. Use some of that money to sift through the refugees for a few that are very willing to integrate, or are not hardcore Muslim.

Some of these people still legitimately need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I don't think this is reasonable, and certainly not laudable. Use some of that money to sift through the refugees for a few that are very willing to integrate, or are not hardcore Muslim.

People say and do very different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post

I get we're talking about a village here, but it IS, in every conceivable context, a person's right to decide whether or not they allow someone to live in their home or, to decide if they spend their money housing someone else (or not, as the case may be).
    Except it isn't "their" bulding, and it is not "their" money. If the state owns a building, he can place refugees, mentally handicapped or other people inside as he pleases. And it is funded by the state or kanton budget.

Not mine personally, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Why?

What have they done to earn it?
    What have the rich Swiss people done to live there? It is nonsensical to create borders and partition where people can live based off of artificial boundaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    People say and do very different things.
    I'm sure you could find 10 out of millions that are more likely to be trustworthy, or attach conditions to their resettlement.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Except it isn't "their" bulding, and it is not "their" money. If the state owns a building, he can place refugees, mentally handicapped or other people inside as he pleases. And it is funded by the state or kanton budget.
    And presumably the state is just a representation of the wishes of the people, without infringing on their liberty, autonomy, or self-direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post

The village mayor said they would not get a say in who comes and could not even be guaranteed they are refugees.