Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    In character creation, the 'Strengths and weaknesses' you chose determine the chance of getting those stats on levelup. To answer your last question first; yes, levelling is random. Every character has a hidden list of 'growths', and these are the chance of getting any stat when levelling. If a character has a 60% Strength growth, it means they have a 60% chance of gaining 1 Strength when levelling. Yes, this does mean you can level up and gain no stats at all. You can also gain +1 to everything if you're lucky.
    So stat gains are random, but they lean in different directions with different characters. A Fighter will typically have a very high Strength growth value, where a Cleric will usually have a low Defence growth, etc.

The traits you chose at the start affect these growths. If you chose 'Swift', for instance, your Speed growth will have gone up, so you're more likely to get Speed when levelling. If you put your weakness as Fragile, your chance of gaining Defence when levelling will have decreased. These are not super important choices, but they do help with making sure your main character is as useful as possible. You'll still be able to play normally without min/maxing this sort of thing. As long as you didn't pick Magic as your weakness and then try to play a Mage, anyway.

All main characters start off as the same class (With the sword, like you said). However, the Talent you picked (You said you took Mage) can be accessed by using a Heart Seal. These are sometimes found on missions, but also pop up in stores.

I agree with you about the allies stealing your exp; it is quite annoying. But I've found it best not to think too much about it. There are plenty of enemies to get experience from.

Nice to see a new person joining the series, though! I hope you enjoy this one!
    Thanks !

Yeah I enjoy it a lot, I'm glad I bought it.

Homophobia is so gay.

To elaborate a bit on how stats are gained, each character has a set of personal growth rates and each class has its own set as well. At level up, a characters personal growths are added (I think) to the class growths to calculate the % chance of a stat gain.

Example 1: The character Kagero has a 65% chance for a point of STR and a 0% chance for a point of MAG. her base class, the ninja gives her an additional 5% STR and 0% MAG, so for every level she gains as a ninja she will have a 70% change to gain a point of STR and should never gain any MAG.

Example 2: If you use a heart seal to change her class to Diviner however, her growths will become 70% chance for STR and 15% chance for MAG (5% STR and 15% MAG from Diviner class). Based on these growths, you'll likely never want to make Kagero a Diviner or Onmyoji despite her ability to class change to them.

Hopefully that's easy enough to understand. The system sounds complicated but once you get the hang of it it's nice to work with.
    Friend Code: 0232-9398-7407
    IGN - Dasir

Deleted
    I'm gonna get hated for this, but I must...what a bunch of shit voice acting in those games. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    One thing that pleases me is that the cross over characters actually have unique models this time around (I youtubed it to see, I currently own Ike and Lucina) so I may actually crack my Amiibos out of the box and pick up Marth and Robin, for this reason.
    I was really disappointed when the cameo battles in Awakening were basically just standard fighter models that had their cameo character on the status screen so, for example, actually having Ike himself LOOK like Ike (Who happens to be my favourite Fire Emblem hero) is a MAJOR plus for me.
    Apparently Roy isn't in the game tho.
    Another thing to keep in mind is that if you scan the Amiibos in past the scan that unlocks the hero battle they'll go to work in either the weapon or accessory shop and sell unique items (lesser versions of their weapons or their unique accessories).

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    I'm gonna get hated for this, but I must...what a bunch of shit voice acting in those games. xD
    Actually there are many people that agree with you.
    IGN - Dasir

I haven't been able to scan my Amiibos yet...I tried the other day and found my normal 3DS needs an extra accessory to do it, haa. Gonna hit up some EBs on the weekend to see if I can snag one.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Adore FE: Fates. Adore it so much I was able to snag a CE New 3DS version. It's a great game and I highly recommend it to anyone. There are a ton of info sites out there if you want more info on pairing, etc. Also don't forget the map pack!

Has thoughts all alone English shigure version come out yet
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I keep forgetting to get Revelations.

I don't know, was it a lot better than the other two?

In Europe, so I haven't played the game for too long yet. Managed to pick up a LE, luckily... Anyway, on the subject of voice acting: I remember reading a huge amount of negativity regarding the dubbed voices, but honestly... I find very few characters to be bad, Effie, Camilla sort off, Asugi (mostly because he sounds nothing like he's supposed to) and maybe a couple others. The rest are on par with Awakening's, which were very good as far as I'm concerned.
    Although I've beaten Birthright and got all the kids, I'm only on chapter 10 of Conquest so far, so there may be characters I haven't heard yet that are terrible.
    Last edited by Azardea; 2016-05-28 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maunazero View Post
    Adore FE: Fates. Adore it so much I was able to snag a CE New 3DS version. It's a great game and I highly recommend it to anyone. There are a ton of info sites out there if you want more info on pairing, etc. Also don't forget the map pack!
    What are these sites? Admittedly my googlefu is kind of week, but the best thing I can find is Wikia.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    What are these sites? Admittedly my googlefu is kind of week, but the best thing I can find is Wikia.
    https://inheritance-planner.herokuapp.com/ is the one I used though there might be better ones out there now.

I've used the subreddit for info. Also IGN had a great one with a nicely detailed spreadsheet.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find the one thing that is frustrating is that some classes take forever to level up. I have two of the flying archers and after chapter 11 they are only level 2 despite having been in multiple battles. Same goes for Great Knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I find the one thing that is frustrating is that some classes take forever to level up. I have two of the flying archers and after chapter 11 they are only level 2 despite having been in multiple battles. Same goes for Great Knight.
    That is because Kinshi Knights (flying archers) and Great Knights are Advanced Classes or Promoted Classes and the game uses an "internal" level for experience gain calculation.

Basically using a Master Seal sets your internal level to 21, no matter when you used the seal. This means that you are actually overleveled if you promote early even though your stats might not reflect that.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    That is because Kinshi Knights (flying archers) and Great Knights are Advanced Classes or Promoted Classes and the game uses an "internal" level for experience gain calculation.

Basically using a Master Seal sets your internal level to 21, no matter when you used the seal. This means that you are actually overleveled if you promote early even though your stats might not reflect that.
    So how does that work with Dread Fighters? I used one in a character and she is level 33 for some reason, but doesn't dish out the damage of one that level. Is it the same system?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    So how does that work with Dread Fighters? I used one in a character and she is level 33 for some reason, but doesn't dish out the damage of one that level. Is it the same system?
    Dread Fighters along with any other DLC class or the Songstress go from 1-40 and are a bit of a special case. The whole system of the internal level being the key to experience gain remains the same tho. I think if you use the Dread Fighter seal it takes your internal level and sets you at that level for the Dread Fighter class. so if you are say a Great Knight at level 5, you would turn into a Dread Fighter at level 25 because 20 from promo + 5 levels that are displayed.

Now there could be a bunch of reasons why the character is not dishing out enough damage, one would be just not getting enough Strength/Speed gains on the way to level 33. Part of that can be RNG, part of that can be having promoted too early and lost a bunch of level ups.

can nintendo just sell me the fucking sound track to the game ffs WHY NOT YOU FOOLS

Here is Matt Mercer (Shigure Asuras son) singing End of all that came out today

http://deathchaos-25.tumblr.com/post...irs-of-fates-6

http://deathchaos-25.tumblr.com/post...heirs-of-fates

so good, can it be in smash please

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    can nintendo just sell me the fucking sound track to the game ffs WHY NOT YOU FOOLS

Here is Matt Mercer (Shigure Asuras son) singing End of all that came out today

http://deathchaos-25.tumblr.com/post...irs-of-fates-6

http://deathchaos-25.tumblr.com/post...heirs-of-fates

so good, can it be in smash please
    Thanks for posting that, now I don't have to leave my 3ds open to listen to it. Easily on par, maybe better, than the End of All version from the main game. It's pretty impressive how many different tracks we have based on one song, and the two versions that serve as boss battles are easily my favorite FE tracks so far. Now I just need to actually play the DLC >_>.

I also think both versions should be in smash, don't make me pick one over the other .
    IGN - Dasir

Quote Originally Posted by Dasir View Post
    Thanks for posting that, now I don't have to leave my 3ds open to listen to it. Easily on par, maybe better, than the End of All version from the main game. It's pretty impressive how many different tracks we have based on one song, and the two versions that serve as boss battles are easily my favorite FE tracks so far. Now I just need to actually play the DLC >_>.

I also think both versions should be in smash, don't make me pick one over the other .
    I got goose bumps listening to thoughts all alone the first time on my conquest run. Conquest was so heart wrenching it was perfect