Page 44 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I don't see how a film that has serious pacing issues and requires to be a fan to follow it could be the best film objectively.
    To be fair, the only "objective" review of a movie is its box office total. Which so far, has been high. Like it's audience!

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Metacritic: 29% SN. They gave WoD a 9/10. Food for the thought.
    Fyi metacritic is not reviewing site. They did not give WoD 9/10. They gather all the reviews and average it on their site.

Regardless of those. My friend actually went and watched the movie. He liked it a lot and praised it, he did feel however that the non-fans may not like it very much. I am not a movie guy myself but I am planning to watch it as well.
    Last edited by Menz; 2016-05-29 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    To be fair, the only "objective" review of a movie is its box office total. Which so far, has been high. Like it's audience!
    The Transformers movies must've been masterpieces then. Bow down Citizen Kane.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Transformers movies must've been masterpieces then. Bow down Citizen Kane.
    Sad, but true. Until then I won't insist that something like "best movie of the year" is anything other than subjective, like reviews themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    If you dont like it, dont watch it. That simple.
    I never wanted to in the first place. Hollywood and Gamertown need to stay way the fuck away from each other. Which, by the way also works in reverse; games based off movies are typically rushed-out shit. And don't even get me started on games based off movies about games...

*shudder* it... even... had an arcade version...

Personally and i've said it when this movie first started production they should have went into this with a trilogy with long minutes following multiple story arcs similar to LOTR that is the only way to do WoW justice with the heavy lore and storytelling. Also they should have went with Arthas as main story arc with undead infecting the lands and other story arcs could have been with Gul'dan searching for the cave and Illidan's love story, Slyvanas's heart breaking story with being turned and wanting to commit suicide. Would have been a emotion filled movie with all of the best story arcs WoW had to offer.

Instead were gonna get a sub-par mediocre movie and it's a damn shame.

So basically "it's the best film this year" was just for you personally.
    This is in general the meaning of "I think ..."

I mean, that's why I wrote
    Nearly everyone I talk to thinks the film is one of the best, if not the best, film of the year

It's funny how The Wrap made an article, rounding up all the other articles that shit on Warcraft, just so they could shit on it too. I really think that something is wrong here. I don't know if they were paid to shit on the movie by someone else, but the fans reaction is great. Also Mark Kermode a film academic, critic etc, was quite positive about the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC-8ghk9ojk

The film is just fucking great - and i was expecting an absolute disaster from the very beginning.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

The movie effin' sucked. I want my ticket money back.
    Sure, the special effects and the pandering are nice, but whatever emotional message the movie carried - i missed it utterly. So, as far as i'm concerned, this is a candy-wrapped piece of turd.

Maybe that's because you went to see it already set to hate it / not like it. I don't expect anyone of the haters to change their minds after actually seeing the damn thing. I prefer to remain neutral until I see it myself, especially since after watching a whole day of normal people reviews on youtube I couldn't find any of it saying that the movie is shit, which is exactly what Rotten Tomatoes would want us to thing at 29%...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad1206 View Post
    It's funny how The Wrap made an article, rounding up all the other articles that shit on Warcraft, just so they could shit on it too. I really think that something is wrong here. I don't know if they were paid to shit on the movie by someone else, but the fans reaction is great. Also Mark Kermode a film academic, critic etc, was quite positive about the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC-8ghk9ojk
    Disney must have paid them to shit on it hahahaha. Look can you at least admit the possibility that the movie is bad and you have no taste? Isn't that more likely than some gross conspiracy y?

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Disney must have paid them to shit on it hahahaha. Look can you at least admit the possibility that the movie is bad and you have no taste? Isn't that more likely than some gross conspiracy y?
    I did not saw the film yet, I think it will be dungeon and dragons all over again. BUT you cannot say he has no taste. Everyone have different taste, he does not have to admit he has no taste. He can LOVE the movie even if everyone else think it is not so good. It is his taste.

My father always said this tastes and colors should never be discussed....."In matters of taste, there can be no disputes"

All his tastes and others taste like those ''critics'' lol, are only opinions and does not represent anyone else but themselves.

On Rotten Tomatoes:

Adventureland, one of the worst movies I've ever seen, got an 89% rating by critics. The audience gave it a 60% rating. That's a pretty large discrepancy.

Shutter Island was given a 68% by critics, and a 76% by the audience.

Deadpool was given an 83% by critics, and a 91% by audience.

The audience is always closer to what I actually feel than the critics, the major exception being twilight >.>

I think these reviews are destructive but they are not the ones causing it if the movie fails to the expectation.

I was gonna take friends and family to see the movie but with this precedent I'm just gonna wait 3 more months to watch the blu ray pirated version online. Afterall they got us waiting for to long to show up with something that does not excell.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Also bad news for you. Nearly everyone I talk to thinks the film is one of the best, if not the best, film of the year,
    Bad reviews continue to pour in, It's down to 21%. It'll be single digits by the time the US release hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Wouldn't call it a very glowing review, 60/100 is just above average.
    How does metacritic scores a review.....no score on the view mean it could be 90 or 20 in the writers head....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    How does metacritic scores a review.....no score on the view mean it could be 90 or 20 in the writers head....
    I would assume they ask the author before listing it on their site. I doubt they extrapolate and assign a score where there was none themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Personally and i've said it when this movie first started production they should have went into this with a trilogy with long minutes following multiple story arcs similar to LOTR that is the only way to do WoW justice with the heavy lore and storytelling. Also they should have went with Arthas as main story arc with undead infecting the lands and other story arcs could have been with Gul'dan searching for the cave and Illidan's love story, Slyvanas's heart breaking story with being turned and wanting to commit suicide. Would have been a emotion filled movie with all of the best story arcs WoW had to offer.

Instead were gonna get a sub-par mediocre movie and it's a damn shame.
    If they started with Arthas that would completely ignore the lore that led up to Arthas as well as the other major lore events.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    Bad reviews continue to pour in, It's down to 21%. It'll be single digits by the time the US release hits.
    Single digits? That's just hilarious...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    I did not saw the film yet, I think it will be dungeon and dragons all over again. BUT you cannot say he has no taste. Everyone have different taste, he does not have to admit he has no taste. He can LOVE the movie even if everyone else think it is not so good. It is his taste.

My father always said this tastes and colors should never be discussed....."In matters of taste, there can be no disputes"

All his tastes and others taste like those ''critics'' lol, are only opinions and does not represent anyone else but themselves.

Oh excuse me. Allow me to clarify. He has no taste in the same way that people who enjoy Paul. Blatt mall cop have no taste. In the same way that people who flock to whatever Adam Sandler shit show is being produced. He has bad taste. This is a far more likely possibility than movie rating conspiracy y.

My opinion is that he has no taste. That's just my opinion though, how dare you challenege it. Remember what your dad told you. In matters of taste and color...
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-05-29 at 03:06 PM.