Poll: What should be done with heirlooms?

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I really don't get the train of thought about removing heirlooms altogether. With that mindset, you have two results in game:

1) They exist. This means that the people who want to use them obviously can. Satisfaction level is complete. Those who don't still have the option not to use them. They are satisfied when questing, but not satisfied when in a Dungeon or BG.

2) They don't exist. People that want to use them are completely unsatisfied. People that don't want them are completely satisfied.

The first option is the one that offers the most satisfaction. One segment of players is completely satisfied, the other segment is partially satisfied. The second option makes one segment completely unsatisfied.

How is removing them completely a fair option?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post
    Don't use them?

Even if you can't demonstrate the self control not to use them, there's no reason to punish the rest of us.
    You people are overreacting. What's a good number for you? Is +10% per heirloom perfection for you? If they suggested increasing it to +100% per heirloom, would you object to it? If so, could I accuse you of not having any self control if you were to object to that?
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

The XP bonus on Heirloom should increase with each max level you have on your account. 1% per on the 10% and 2% per on the 5%
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Where did I say that?
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted
    yeah because leveling is not already a pain in the ass... and now blizz says leveling is too fast? and we dont need to level fast because the xpac comes with a boost?

more like "we want people to buy characterboost because we lose more and more subs so we need other income"

and people actually support this behind the scene leveling nerf for profit....

Heirlooms are fine. I hate leveling therefore I invested a substantial amount of gold and time into getting almost all of the heirlooms and upgrading them.

If someone is bothered by heirlooms they're more than welcome to not use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Where did I say that?
    Where did I quote you?

So take them out or power them down is going to result of people who do alts, no longer doing alts. People will be in the world getting gear, because dungeon loot sucks for a lot of specs in this game. All means longer times for LFD. Then a different conversation/whine is started and everything is at square 1 again.

heirlooms should give no experience because I'm rich and me buying power makes me greater than u

u manual levelers should get no things!

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Alot of folks here seem to be either ignoring or have missed the Blue post from the other day in which it is announced the 1-58 questing experience is being retuned to lower overleveling.

Here is the post on the leveling experience being retuned: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...mog-Items-Live

And this is the one on Vanilla Dungeon Quests getting their Reward EXP Nerfed: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...oW-Easter-Eggs

I am hoping they don't stop at Vanilla and retune Outland and Northrend, too. That aside, I think we should revisit this topic once all the adjustments have been completed. Blizzard is clearly setting things up for a more long-term solution to the questing experience without making it either too hard for newbies/altoholics or too fast to make it trivial.

In regards to Heirlooms specifically, having the option of being able to turn off the passive EXP bonus sounds reasonable, more so given they stack. As far as I know there are not PVP equivalents to all of the Heirloom slots though.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

What would you do with heirlooms?
    What is the problem? If you think they are too powerful, do not use them, or only use a small number of them. For new players, the old levelling is fine. For existing players and are in full heirlooms, then they probably have a few alts already, so the old levelling is hardly a new experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there should be no exp boost. They should have stats that scale with level and compete with dungeon gear. So you may not always be wearing your heirlooms, but you will 80% of the time. The trinket and necklace on-use effects should stay, or the procs, but not the exp boosts from any item.

I think having an alt is a privilege that you gain by working on over time, it's not a right that everyone can easily have multiple max level toons.

I don't think the leveling speed they provide should be dialed back. What they should do is make zones scale in a fairly large level range, so you can actually finish a zone comfortably without overleveling it.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Were you living under the rock all these years? Removal is how WoW is designed these days. Hard heroic dungeons? Removed. 10man mythic raids? Removed. Single difficulty raiding? Removed. Flying? Removed. Lots of iconic abilities classes possessed since Vanilla era? Removed. Fun? Almost removed as well. Welcome to the age of "less is more" and "you think you want %insert_feature_name_here, but in reality you don't".
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Another bad poll on MMO-C. Before I even voted, I knew the large majority would be "Other", because there is not an option in the poll for "nothing is wrong with heirlooms".

Like flight, the leveling and heirloom problems, are not problems that need solutions -- because they're not problems. Ion and team are once again, listening to the vocal hardcore minority, and killing the game in the process.

We're up to 110 levels and 6 expansions of BS content to get to the end game. They need to be making the process faster, not slower.
    Last edited by ablib; 2016-05-29 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love lvling in WoW, but I'll confess I use heirlooms. Why? Because I want to lvl faster? Why would I want to lvl faster when I say I love lvling? The answer is simple. The classes are all so effing boring for so long. Until lvl 30-40 on most classes all you do is spam the same two buttons, because you barely have any abilities. The ability pruning was good, but as we have to have less abilities stretched across 100 lvls, it means we have to wait longer until we get cool abilities. And I hate that so effing much. Take mages for example. With or without heirlooms, you spam 1 button over and over and over again until around lvl 36 or so. Then you finally get to spam a second 'fun' ability. That's why I use heirlooms. Just so I can skip the first 40 lvls. After that I just use it out of lazyness and convenience.

So I wouldn't mind it if Blizzard removes heirlooms or strip them of a lot of the power they give, but MAN do they need to make lvling all the classes a LOT more fun.

I like them just the way they are, they make leveling bearable and after leveling 15+ chars i would rather skip it all together and anything that makes that process faster is more then welcome i my case.

You people are overreacting. What's a good number for you? Is +10% per heirloom perfection for you? If they suggested increasing it to +100% per heirloom, would you object to it? If so, could I accuse you of not having any self control if you were to object to that?
    No, because I would use my self agency to CHOOSE not to use them if I felt like I was missing something important.

You see how this works, where it's all completely optional?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I don't "dislike" anything, except for the people who think that more removals will fix the game. Haven't we suffered enough already from developers being idiots with their holy grail of "less is more" dumbassity? Legion lvl100 classes feel like you're playing a live lvl 35 character, with 6,5 abilities on your panels. Maybe its finally a time to stop with removing stuff from the game and start adding more instead?

Also, learn to read please. I clearly said: if for some reason heirlooms will be removed, you still will be an underpowered waste of time, because you will be facing twinks.
    I don't share your same idea of less is more being the problem. I think they've added way to much shit making the game an over bloated clusterfuck of trying to appease the pepole who have became accustomed to these things like looms, pet battles, lfr and a whole other crock of shite that has made the game what it is today.

My unpopular opinion is they should have kept the game simple while adding new content. I know you'll probably try and shred me to peices but I'm sorry for having a stubborn opinion of the game.

Since they have the new tech that make mobs level your same level, they should make mobs harder if you have heirloom on you.