Poll: What should be done with heirlooms?

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    What would you do with heirlooms?
    I would up the xp boost so I can finish leveling even faster. Leveling is not fun. Not after the 10th time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Make them become epic equivalent every level and double the exp bonus they give. That should make up for all the nerfing they did to low levels recently.

Deleted
    Leveling since they nerfed the world has been mindless crap.

Why would you make it longer?

They shouldn't tune heirlooms. Leave them for people who hate levelling regardless and just tune it for people in green gear.

Deleted
    Heirloom is the fucking stupidest thing i've ever seen...

when you level you want to look forward to things.
    Talent points more often
    New spells more often
    New items that you won't just throw away in 2 hours because you find a better one

Leveling needs to be slower, a lot slower.
    I, and many others can't really appreciate leveling nowdays... it's more of a burden... even though it's like 2-3 days to level 100
    I'd rather level 1-100 in 2-3 months if it was slow and i'd appreciate rewards etc.

Wow today is a rush to the end-game... and even there... you're done within a week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    That which used to make you enjoy leveling (other than it being new 10 alts ago) was that it actually had some elements of RPGs. You weren't oneshotting mobs, you didn't wear the same exact equipment for 80-100 levels. But you feel forced to because why would you say no to doubling your damage, and getting +50% exp to boot?
    No. The only reason leveling was fun for the first time is because it was the first time. It was new. After 10 alts almost noone wants to crawl trough it again at 1 level per hour speed.
    The funny thing about max level content is that it's new. Especially in Legion where every class can have a different experience. Leveling is not new. Leveling in Outland hasn't been new for almost 10 years. You can't expect someone with his/her 11th alt enjoying Outland as they did 10 years ago.

As long as levelling is boring as hell, I welcome the +xp% on heirloom.

If they fix levelling to make it an entertaining experience, then I might have a look at your suggestions.

Deleted
    Enable "hard mode" leveling, which prevents you from interacting with people in normal mode until you reach maximum level.
    in this hard mode you would not be able to use following shit
    -heirlooms
    -xp boosts like pot/RaF
    -LFG
    -Mounts
    -automated flights (Flight masters)
    -weapon
    -brain

Also addition to that your xp gains, dmg, max health would be reduced by 90% for sake of game being too easy.

Only available dungeon would be BRD. From level 1 to 110

/s

keep the xp boosts, but make them inline with greens statwise.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    You also look from these persons who think that if some gear is in the game you should wear it (poiting the pointless topics about LFR set pts)
    The purpose of looms is to speed the process when you level up your 10th or 50tish alt not to buy them because they are OP and come here and cry that they ruin your low level experience you oneshot mobs yad yada...There is much more Overpowered items for PvP believe me(especially when you start getting these with sockets)
    More correct will be if Blizzard add more heirlooms who give different buffs(or debuffs) so they can please every one
    ... I don't quite get what your tone is... If you are against my original post or not.... but i will go on from what i think.
    A lot of people are like, if you can get the gear, you should use it. Handicapping yourself is not a very fun experience, and it is often hard to do. When you have something, which can help you speed up your experience, you will often take for effetioncy, even though it might also diminish or ruin the lvling experience.

You are right, that purpose of the looms is to increase your speed on alt number 3+, but does it really have to come at the expence of the leveling experience? Would it not be more fun, if blizzard broke the leveling experience with heirlooms, in a way, which created a new experience, so that you were encouraged to lvl even more characters, even after the 5th alt? The heirlooms are not only OP, but they make you skip content, which you often don't want to. The most enjoyable quests in the game, are often the last 5-10 quests in any given area, but with heirloom gear, these quests are often gonna give green or even grey XP, which often makes people skip these for quicker XP. And by saying that there is even more OP gear in pvp is not helping anybody. The problem is the power together with the XP bonus and scaling gear. If you had strong OP gear, while in a leveling experience, you would often outgear it very fast... You don't do that with scaling gear, which you are stuck with for 60+ lvls.

Yes, they should add more gear. The ideal situation, would be if you could get a full set of gear, which makes you set for the leveling experience from 1-100. But they have already hit a limit of the bonus exp. If they add anymore bonus exp, you can pretty much only lvl in the LFD system, since you would outlvl all zones within the first few quests. You would have to use a run-and-gun technique, where you just farm mobs in between you running between zones. Rework the exp bonus and heirloom gear. Make it so that they give abilities, bonuses in movement and gameplay, just like the new legendary gear, and make it so that the does not only speed up the leveling experience, but also makes it more fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The experience amount should be increased by 10-20%%.
    If they did that, you would pretty much be forced to lvl up in dungeons, since you would meet grey xp mobs in your outdoor lvling experience.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    leave them as they are. Looms are optional.
    This. Nobody is forcing anyone to use heirlooms. For people who are tired of leveling, let them speed through it.

Looms should be something you socket into a slot which give xp bonus and then you can equip armor over that socketed slot. Giving the xp bonus and ability to use non overpowered gear.

i want their power, but i don't want their xp boost.

the power is what makes leveling fun, not speeding through it due to outleveling everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    In a recent interview with Jesse Cox, Ion noted that levelling is broken and heirlooms contribute to the problem. Levelling is no longer a barrier to entry every time a new expansion comes out, as each expansion now comes with a free boost. I enjoy collecting the heirlooms and upgrading them, but I agree that they speed levelling way too much (and I enjoy levelling), and they are a little TOO rewarding considering how easy most of them are to get.

What would you do with heirlooms?
    the only thing that would help with would be blizzard sells of char boosts - leveling doesnt suck cause of looms leveling sucks because many people have been playing this game for nearly 12 years so ofc its sucks - if anything they should put options for people with long play time/many alts to start in higher level bracket like 60-80 to skip boring leveling part

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i want their power, but i don't want their xp boost.

the power is what makes leveling fun, not speeding through it due to outleveling everything.
    Remove the xp boost from the item's and make a Heirloom +%xp potion, that way you can have gear that increase with level.. and an option to use the +%xp

Deleted
    Leveling and "Insane" in the same Sentence in WoW Context is fucking ridiculous! WoW is easy, fast and you can't fucking die. Whats Insane about it?

The only change to heirlooms should be: REMOVING THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by podden View Post
    Remove the xp boost from the item's and make a Heirloom +%xp potion, that way you can have gear that increase with level.. and an option to use the +%xp
    yeah, that'd be cool. i'm all about having options. even though i don't want the xp boost, i recognize some people do, and they should have that option.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Heirlooms only "contribute" to the problem, and changing them will not resolve the issue.
    So the focus on them isn't helpful.
    Their power is not the issue it is made out to be as they are not outright best all the time, and removing their scaling would only increase loot competition, which due to the wardrobe is going to be greater anyway.
    And what does removing the xp gains achieve when that is only part of the problem, the core being something that no game mechanic changes can deal with.
    The player mentality that you have to reach your destination as quickly as possible.

And an increase to difficulty will have the least impact on those responsible and the most on those who don't.
    Imagine the possible group where a significant number if not the entire group are newbies or inexperienced players.
    The flat out difficulty increase punishes those players only.

The solution is a shift in player behaviour, one which only players who want to change can do anything about.
    Stop looking for solutions that take that responsibility away from the players who are responsible for the problem.
    Then what is your solution? Just saying that people should change is easy, but we both know that people wont change anything, unless Blizzard pushes them to change. Hopefully, we can both agree, that the leveling experience is broken, or atleast very dull and not very fun to play through. How can that be fixed, without having every player change overnight? I think an increase in difficulty, together with a rework of how abilities are given out, would be good for the game. You put up the problem with newbie players might having a hard time, but that is actually a good thing. Being forced to learn and become better, even in the early lvls, are good and might give us some better max lvl players.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    other: leave them alone - wanna level normaly? dont fucking equip them, there, problem solved.
    Last edited by Bluesftw; 2016-05-30 at 10:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heirlooms was horribly overpowered during WOTLK compare to green questing gear, in both low lvl pvp and pve, but now heirlooms are same as blue gear from dungeons. So no need to remove them

As for one shooting in low lvl bgs, its not heirlooms its gear and weapons with 3-4 gems and enchants in evry slot. Green geared guys without gems and enchants have not much chanse vs full gemmed twinks , that have 4 gems in evry slot and enchant in evry slot