Deleted

DH Survivability

Hey

I have been lucky enough to play the beta as a DH

Currently i'm playing as havoc and sometimes i'm having downtime between packs of mobs. Due to lack of self healing. Does it get better at max level or is vengeance more viable in terms of Survivability and its ability to solo content at a recent speed.

Vengeance is the tank spec, so of course it is more viable in terms of survivability, and would I assume be the same in regards to solo'ing current level content at speed.

Quote Originally Posted by fc0712 View Post
    Hey

I have been lucky enough to play the beta as a DH

Currently i'm playing as havoc and sometimes i'm having downtime between packs of mobs. Due to lack of self healing. Does it get better at max level or is vengeance more viable in terms of Survivability and its ability to solo content at a recent speed.
    Pretty much as you have described - I tend to need to eat after most packs if my HP goes below 50% - very limited self healing as Havok. Vengence on the other hand has insane self healing, but isnt quite as much fun imo.

Deleted
    I encountered that at first but then I got better at picking up soul fragments that you spawn on the floor, they heal you quite a bit. Also your first talent can increase the amount of those fragments and pretty much eliminates the health problem

Deleted
    If u opt. to go for the Artifact-Trait that reduces the CD on Eye-Beam and Chaos Nova by 5sec for every Soul Fragment u pick up, u can pretty much use the both for every other, if not every single one of the pulls. Leaving u little to no down-time since u pull 4-5mobs, Eye-Beam - Stun if they are still alive, or vice versa.
    Also, the Soul Rending talent gives u 100%leech on Eye-Beam when coupled with Demonic for lvl110 solo-content, making u close to immortal for the duration of ur Eye-Beam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rytingur View Post
    Also your first talent can increase the amount of those fragments and pretty much eliminates the health problem
    Not any more, they moved Demonic Appetite somewhere else, Chaos Cleave is in its former place now.

Quote Originally Posted by chuqtaylor View Post
    Also, the Soul Rending talent gives u 100%leech on Eye-Beam when coupled with Demonic for lvl110 solo-content, making u close to immortal for the duration of ur Eye-Beam.
    This is incorrect. Demonic now allows you to enter Metamorphosis after Eye Beam is over, meaning you don't get the effects of the Soul Rending talent while you are channeling EB. That being said, even with the supposed "squishiness", it's kinda hard to die in the 2 seconds (3 with talent) that the channeling requires, and the healing you get after that can pretty much get you from 1% to 100% in the blink of an eye, expecially in AoE situations.
    At the end of the day, it all goes by the correct use of the defensive we are provided with (and it's a good one) and positioning, same as with pretty much all classes in the game to be honest.

Focus mob packs one by one so you can stagger orbs for healing while dealing with the rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Demon View Post
    This is incorrect. Demonic now allows you to enter Metamorphosis after Eye Beam is over, meaning you don't get the effects of the Soul Rending talent while you are channeling EB. That being said, even with the supposed "squishiness", it's kinda hard to die in the 2 seconds (3 with talent) that the channeling requires, and the healing you get after that can pretty much get you from 1% to 100% in the blink of an eye, expecially in AoE situations.
    At the end of the day, it all goes by the correct use of the defensive we are provided with (and it's a good one) and positioning, same as with pretty much all classes in the game to be honest.
    It's not incorrect, the tooltip is what's incorrect atm. As soon as I pop my Eye-Beam my CS becomes Annihilation and I instantly heal up to 100% from Leech. Whichever of the 2 that's intended and will go live I don't know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chuqtaylor View Post
    It's not incorrect, the tooltip is what's incorrect atm. As soon as I pop my Eye-Beam my CS becomes Annihilation and I instantly heal up to 100% from Leech. Whichever of the 2 that's intended and will go live I don't know.
    This is strange, I recall that they changed it to be as Black Demon during an alpha build because it was way to powerfull. Would have to look over the patch notes again to see if they actually changed it back though...

Edit: Watching Kirrogan his video it does indeed seem the healing is also granted during eye beam during the video he recorded the 27th, but not the video he recorded the 15th. Can't find any patch notes entailing a change back though. So might either be not intended or it was a measure against the complains of squishyness. Or I am to tired to actually missed it among patch notes. :P
    Last edited by mmoc0d5c2297ff; 2016-05-31 at 12:33 AM.