Poll: What should be done with heirlooms?

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    So does my slow dungeon leveling experience slow down the other 4 loomed up party members from burning through the dungeon within a matter of minutes?

Close but no cigar.
    Removing Heirlooms will not curb how quickly dungeons are completed. Player knowledge of both dungeons and characters simply leads to things dying faster, its as simple as that.

One suggestion I have heard voiced in this thread is automatic mob scaling that adjusts to player or average group item level. In this sense, whether you are in a party full of heirlooms or greens, the pacing and scale of the dungeon should average out.

Of course, it would be on Blizzard to scale things properly and do away with the ridiculious speed at which dungeons can be completed now a days. I do fully agree though, dungeons are way too much face-roll at this point. I don't want them lasting hours of course, but finishing them off is ~5 mins certianly doesn't feel fun to me either.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Hmm why not make Heirloom slots in the equip tab and make them so they don't effect gear stats or transmog the slots are there just for the xp bonus, so players with heirlooms can have that satisfaction when upgrading a certain item.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    In a recent interview with Jesse Cox, Ion noted that levelling is broken and heirlooms contribute to the problem. Levelling is no longer a barrier to entry every time a new expansion comes out, as each expansion now comes with a free boost. I enjoy collecting the heirlooms and upgrading them, but I agree that they speed levelling way too much (and I enjoy levelling), and they are a little TOO rewarding considering how easy most of them are to get.

What would you do with heirlooms?
    So your issue is that the completely optional items that are intended to make leveling faster are making leveling faster. How about this, if you don't like them... don't use them.

The issues you are having aren't even related to heirlooms. Leveling doesn't suck because it is too fast... if anything it is too slow. The main issue is that questing is garbage since cata shit the bed and turned all the old zones into crappy vehicle quest land.
    Last edited by tangers58; 2016-05-30 at 02:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am a fan of the idea of putting all the EXP bonus parts of the Heirlooms on a tabard or a shirt.

How about we eliminate leveling entirely? All content should be "max level" content.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    To reiterate:
    Keep the EXP bonus as it is.
    Make Heirlooms give Green quality Stats.
    Make EXP bonus separated from the Item and available from the Heirloom Tab, so you can actually wear a rare/epic drop without losing the EXP bonus of that slot.

So when you buy a Heirloom you'd get:
    - Togglable EXP bonus (per Slot) available from Heirloom Tab
    - Heirloom Transmog
    - Ability to "create" equippable Heirloom Items from the Heirloom Tab, which give Green-quality stats and scale up to X level.
    This serves as a way to ensure you never fall too far behind in stats while leveling, no matter how bad your luck with rare/epic drops is.
    I think this would be ideal solution for heirlooms.

Deleted
    Don't mind the exp bonus, just don't think they should be that strong in terms of other statses. Think dungeon loot should be slightly better, giving you decision to make, do you want exp or higher dmg/survivability. People can spout them being optional all they like, but they don't really feel optional at this stage of the game. If you have them, you are shooting yourself in the foot for not using them. They are too strong in terms of statses.

Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMaelstrom View Post
    If you hate heirlooms do not use them.
    Why do people keep using them? Well, because 99% of the playerbase do not enjoy leveling alts. How does it affect you?
    Personally, leveling the first time without exp boost was fun, but the rest of the time it sucked.
    Have you stopped to ask yourself why 99% of the playerbase hates levelling alts? And, if you haven't, why didn't you? Do you just not care? Do you think levelling has no place in a game like WoW?

I'm genuinely curious. People like you seem utterly disconnected from what an MMORPG is all about - which is progressing a character in the open world. WoW did this through levelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Then what about if I want to do a dungeon or battleground? Is everyone going to do the same?
    That's a good point, and I can see it being intimidating for a new player to come in and get either insta killed, or to have the dungeon content they've worked up to be completely trivialized.

And knowing how some players can be, I feel bad for anyone who actually asks how to get the same gear that the OP player is using.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dirgamech View Post
    I am a fan of the idea of putting all the EXP bonus parts of the Heirlooms on a tabard or a shirt.
    I like that idea. It accomplishes the goal of giving people a faster leveling experience without having an impact on how others play the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonChalk View Post
    That's a good point, and I can see it being intimidating for a new player to come in and get either insta killed, or to have the dungeon content they've worked up to be completely trivialized.

And knowing how some players can be, I feel bad for anyone who actually asks how to get the same gear that the OP player is using.

- - - Updated - - -

I like that idea. It accomplishes the goal of giving people a faster leveling experience without having an impact on how others play the game.
    That's not really the heirlooms' fault, but the enchants. The real advantage here being that you don't have to enchant a gear slot 50 times as you level because the heirloom scales.
    Disable enchants in BGs and see the "OP players" cry.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    That's not really the heirlooms' fault, but the enchants. The real advantage here being that you don't have to enchant a gear slot 50 times as you level because the heirloom scales.
    Disable enchants in BGs and see the "OP players" cry.
    I haven't enchanted my heirloom gear since WOTLK and I can currently go into a BG without enchants and 1-2 shot people without enchants on multiple classes. They're incredibly strong compared to leveling / dungeon gear.

Deleted
    people say ''don't use them'', but then we have to remember that people who do use heirlooms affect us, the people without heirlooms, in dungeons for example. If i want to lvl an alt and i don't use heirlooms, i can't do dungeons otherwise i might queue into people with full heirlooms.

Looms are really something that are there for people that have been there done that. If you are using them and hate it then you got issues. If other people playing the game how they like bothers you (with or without looms) you again got fucking issues.

Deleted
    Give them a slider, where you can actually increase the amount of XP you get while decreasing the ilevel and visa versa. Giving everybody what they want.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonChalk View Post
    I haven't enchanted my heirloom gear since WOTLK and I can currently go into a BG without enchants and 1-2 shot people without enchants on multiple classes. They're incredibly strong compared to leveling / dungeon gear.
    The 1-shot can be done with dungeon gear as well.
    That isn't a problem regarding Heirlooms.
    It's a problem regarding the insane damage:health ratio of low levels.

But yes, I wouldn't mind nerfing Heirlooms to green quality, as long as EXP bonus is separated from them.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Soccio View Post
    people say ''don't use them'', but then we have to remember that people who do use heirlooms affect us, the people without heirlooms, in dungeons for example. If i want to lvl an alt and i don't use heirlooms, i can't do dungeons otherwise i might queue into people with full heirlooms.
    I think your issue is that dungeons are too easy, but that is true even without looms.

People are saying don't use looms because of the xp boost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I think your issue is that dungeons are too easy, but that is true even without looms.
    Yes, dungeons are too easy even without heirlooms. That's a tuning issue. However heirlooms contribute to problem. Ignoring heirlooms issue because there is a dungeon tuning issue is wrong. Both issues must be solved if developers want leveling to not being utter crap it is now.

Developers are currently tuning leveling a bit. If they tune dungeons to players without heirlooms, loomed players would still rush through it because of how powerful heirlooms are, ruining it for those players who want to enjoy leveling.

Buff the exp boost
    Or make them have a set bonus that has an exp boost
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    In a recent interview with Jesse Cox, Ion noted that levelling is broken and heirlooms contribute to the problem. Levelling is no longer a barrier to entry every time a new expansion comes out, as each expansion now comes with a free boost. I enjoy collecting the heirlooms and upgrading them, but I agree that they speed levelling way too much (and I enjoy levelling), and they are a little TOO rewarding considering how easy most of them are to get.

people wanted this system to get through leveling quicker, and now its too quick? Just don't use them -.-

other. nothing. leveling is simply that tedious thing you are forced to do the first couple of days of a new expansion.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP