So do people think the film was a hit or a miss that have actually seen it?
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Most people who have seen it in the thread likes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I am not going to do that because it would turn into a dissertation. Just accept that it is a fact and move on.
    That is such a massive cop out. "I am going to make a claim, but I am not going to explain why I think so, and now you must accept this as a hard fact because I say so."

Exceptional logic right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I find that extremely hard to believe, as in, link or it didn't happen.
    http://moviepilot.com/posts/2495749
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    No need to be sarcastic about an opinion.
    I'm not. I'm sarcastic about his delivery. His comment was written as if the quality of the movie was for just him to determine, and that his conclusion is indisputable.

Apparently Kilrogg is the orc who snaps the human's neck.

This is nice!

From UIP Denmark's Facebook page

Deleted
    If I can say one positive thing about the experience, a lot of children (7-13 year olds) in my ciniworld today so hopefully that says good things for the future of the community and in fairness they seemed more happy with it than the adults, tho honestly this is a bit dark at times for children but I guess they are desensitized more these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Honestly I can't wait to see an Angry Joe review, i'm very curious to see if he is going to like it or not.
    Who knows if he'll even do one... he hasn't released a single reaction video to any of the footage as far as I know...

[QUOTE=Arrowstormen;40592830
    I didn't really notice the pacing issues the second time I watched it, which I found interesting.[/QUOTE]

I second this.

Deleted
    Just got back from seeing it, really enjoyed it, but at the same time I get what some of the reviewers are saying about it being fairly generic, I found the human storyline pretty boring, but the Orc storyline is kickass.

There's also the fact that in the first 5 minutes they are throwing names and places at you left, right and centre, and expecting you to know what they are, as a fan it was pretty easy to follow, but as someone who is new to the franchise, probably could have done with like an opening scroll similar to Star Wars to explain a bit of the backstory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Anything other than Moviepilot please. That website has about 80% of it's content made up or rumored crap

Saw it today and enjoyed it very much. You can tell in some parts where things were cut, but it's easy to follow. Orc side of the story is more interesting than the humans. Film should have been longer to explain things as well. But overall, no where near the quality of that being said in these reviews.

I do hope they continue with a sequel since it ended so openly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    I am only afraid of the US market. I am very afraid they won't go watch it...

They don't need to. The US market is quickly becoming marginalized in the grand scheme. Yes, the studio takes a lower percentage of the box office dollars in comparison to the domestic percentage, but a strong performance internationally can easily tip the scales. You aren't going to find too many big movies nowadays that don't have the majority of their box office coming from overseas.

With Furious 7 for example, 76% of its final tally came from overseas with $390M of it coming from China (btw Warcraft is tracking as strongly as that movie in China)

The international numbers are the sole reason we're getting Pacific Rim 2.

Russia added another 4.3 M to total. Lets see how it is recieved in UK since it is first big market..

10+ Year Old Account
    Just came back from watching the movie and I must say I can finally stop feeling nervous as the movie was pretty good. I will rambl;e on in no order here so I write this while the movie is fresh on my mind

I'll try and keep spoiler free but will make an effort to keep spoilers blanked out.

I admit I went into this movie really nervous, maybe it would be too cheesy, and it does have a few cheesy moments, but hey it's Warcraft. But overall a fun experience of a movie the same way watching Marvels cinematic universe provides.

The acting was awesome, I didn't spot anyone looking like they were not trying in this movie, everyone was awesome. Gul'Dan was just intimidating as all hell and my favourite character in the movie by far, hats off to Daniel Wu. Man made him looks as scary as I have ever seen him. Everyone seemed invested in their parts.

The CGI was really surprising, I loved the orcs, they were amazing, the interactions the expressions the action the movements, the flow everything was spot on, that opening scene of seeing Durotan was just like right in your face good.

The music was okay, nothing to write home about, except that EPIC end credit music. Beautiful

The movie had everything shocks, sadness (yes I actually shed a tear during one scene, comedy and intrigues, the whole movie left me wanting more by the end, I love it when movies do that.

My favoruite scenes are some probably the most depressing, I mean the amount of death in this movie, felt I was watching Game of Thrones lol. Of course we all knew it had to happen and thos of us lore freaks knew it was coming.

The death of Callan, played by Burkely Duffield, was so good, and irt was because of Travis Fimmel (Lothar) awesome reaction, it is usually so cliché to see someone just shout "nnnoooooooooo" when something like this happens but I loved Fimmel's expression, it's the tiny things like that that make scenes like this look good.

Another favourite scene is the death of Draka, going out like a badass but also damn that vision of her seeing seeing Go'el float away Moses style was very heartbreaking.

Speaking of death Durotan. That death scene actually made me really hate Gul'dan, once again a movie that sparks emotional reaction. It's so easy to have a badguy that says he is evil and talks evil but Gul'Dan flaunts evil like he eats it for breakfast (did I mention I frikkin loved Gul'Dan in this lol)

Some of the scenes in Medivhs tower was amazing. Some of the cameo's and little Easter eggs scattered around the movie was a nice touch.

I was being a right nerd during the showing as I was constantly trying to spot things like spotting the Warchiefs, I saw Grom Hellscream, Killrog and Kargath there, so uniquely recognisable.

the movie was great and I would gladly see i again just to see what I missed.

Okay so what didn't I like? I am sure its what everyone wants to know?

First the pacing, I think a few people have mentioned that here. Most of the movie was fine, but the first 20 minutes of the movie felt really rushed. All of a sudden you are in Outland, then you are in Stormwind, then you are in Goldshire inn, then you are in Kaharazhan, I forgot how many scenes were stuffed into that first 20 minutes but I think it's a record lol.

Hopefully the extended edition will show us more they cut from those first few minutes, as I think it would help alot more to establish places a bit better, there were places like Elwynn, the Black Morass and Burning Steppes that had their moments of letting you suck in where they were and explore it. but other scenes like Stormwind, (especially on the outside) didn't get enough screen time. I felt I was being taken on a fast paced journey without being given a moment to stop or admire.

Some scenes also looked a bit forced, I think the Elves and the Dwarfs looked awesome, more so the dwarfs, but I felt they were very hurriedly put in for fan service. The Murloc was really unsubtlely put in there, I expected it to be hidden or have a scene talking about them but that was just so forced.

I loved the elves, but something about the ears... that needs working on if they are going to make a sequel (and they better make a sequel). The ears bugged me though.

Last bad thing was the ending, Yes I know Stormwind didn't burn but all in all I am not that bothered but I was bothered with, like the beginning, the ending was slightly rushed and could have done with a little bit more down time It was kind of like oh the king is dead oh well lol. There needed to be more impact.

Overall I loved this movie, for the geek in my that loves fantasy and for the geek in me that's a massive Warcraft fan boy, acting was great CGI was pretty good in most places, especially the orcs,

I give this movie a strong 7/10 Here's to a better and stronger sequel. Good start from Duncan Jones, man delivered.
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-08-09 at 04:55 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I find that extremely hard to believe, as in, link or it didn't happen.

Depends on if it was a net profit deal in the works.

I don't know about TAS2 but I do know about Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix from deadline.

That movie was made for $150M. Nearly 400M to make and market it.

It also made world wide: $942,943,935

That movie went in the hole due to some P&A working and interest on borrowed money by the studio so that in the end, they can keep more money. If TAS2 was worked like that it could have fallen into the same trap.

http://deadline.com/2010/07/studio-s...ounting-51886/

Can you imagine if that was how warcraft was worked out on the back end of this so that the writers, lower level actors and filmmakers felt they had more stake in it. Universal was already concerned, legendary was being sold. Both want to make as much money as possible.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-05-30 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I can't find anybody that claims TASM lost the studio money.

Deleted
    Watched it today, and I loved it. I wish I could watch it not knowing a thing about Warcraft, but i'll never know that experience.

The film jumps around alot and has a few too many characters. And a few scenes that could be taken out. I enjoyed it though, i'll be going again.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    I saw it Saturday evening. Solid movie. Not flawless, but solid.