Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nihila View Post
    Hey guys,

I always had troubles in dealing with free insults on every game I played. Generally, this is what makes me stop a game (happened for WoW, LoL, Smite, mostly competitive and "big" games where there is a toxic community). It often prevented me from playing competitive modes (like arenas) and I am worried the same will happen for Overwatch.

Even if I mute the player, it is too late. I will remember what he said, even if I know it is not true, at some point in the future. Hopefully, this does not last for weeks and does not happen too often. Am I the only one remembering this kind of things for days?

How do you usually deal with it?

Thanks.
    By growing thick skin, by understanding that not all humans are equal and anonymity brings out the "inner dickhead" among people. What i mean is "ignore the dickheads, don't let them ruin your time because it means you are allowing them to dictate your life for you" .
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

You look at the decision by some companies to not promote live chat in games, and instead offer just Macro chat and the like. I think this game suffers from having live chat because everyone who plays shooters in my experience generally are just bad people. Not bad players, but definitely people that in any real life situation I wouldn't want to spend a second with.

Toxicity just comes from their inability to be a normal person and honestly just being a jerk in every way they can.

Conversion, software version 7.0

Same way I deal with it in real life, move on and have my fun.

Deleted

Thanks.
    In games like HotS or mmorpgs it's a bit harder to avoid it since you actively read the chat, but in games like Overwatch I find my self never reading the chat tbh. I'm too busy doing my job, only thing I hear are the voice emotes, haven't heard anyone use the voice chat yet. In either case, I wish in future I can set up my options to show only the voice emotes for support etc, no point in speaking any tactics with randoms since it never works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,

I always had troubles in dealing with free insults on every game I played. Generally, this is what makes me stop a game (happened for WoW, LoL, Smite, mostly competitive and "big" games where there is a toxic community). It often prevented me from playing competitive modes (like arenas) and I am worried the same will happen for Overwatch.

Even if I mute the player, it is too late. I will remember what he said, even if I know it is not true, at some point in the future. Hopefully, this does not last for weeks and does not happen too often. Am I the only one remembering this kind of things for days?

Thanks.
    Grow some balls and move on. Why give two shits about what some loser on a video game has to say? Disable the chat in the options menu also, that should help. Just put on some music while you play and forget what every 12 year old has to say to you while their mom is at the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    They should just give the option to disable all chat.*
    That would be fine too. I'd turn it off in an instant, it serves no purpose other than BMing/triggering people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Terrible idea.
    Chat isn't used for anything except BMing, great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
    Grow some balls and move on. Why give two shits about what some loser on a video game has to say? Disable the chat in the options menu also, that should help. Just put on some music while you play and forget what every 12 year old has to say to you while their mom is at the store.
    The silly thing is most of the people who are toxic aren't just little kids, they are adults who have absolutely no social ability. Shooters in general just trigger people but the ones who stand out are just losers who think they're above everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
    It has nothing to do with "grow some balls". Some people have literally no power over having the fun ruined in a game because of whiners/ragers.
    I'm still like this some times. No, it didn't "hurt" my feelings that some guy said "kys get cancer fagget", but it did just suck all the fun I was having out of that match.
    Something that helped me a bit is just typing "lol" after everything that gets said (if negative). They either work themselves into a frenzy (hilarious) or they stuff it.
    Either way, win/win.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just move on because I never see them again.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ignore it like I do everything else I don't like.
    My FC is 0430-8669-1800 add me and send a PM. My safari is Audino,dunsparce,Ditto.

"Insert clever saying here"

Quote Originally Posted by Exhale View Post
    Ayyyyy lmao :P
    That cracked me up XD
    Edit Signature.

Deleted
    I tend to deal with it by employing a sensible chuckle, because the dude actually thought he was going to engage me in a verbal spat over the internet.

Sensible chuckle indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Chat isn't used for anything except BMing, great idea.
    I don't agree, bad idea.

- - - Updated - - -

It has nothing to do with "grow some balls". Some people have literally no power over having the fun ruined in a game because of whiners/ragers.
    I'm still like this some times. No, it didn't "hurt" my feelings that some guy said "kys get cancer fagget", but it did just suck all the fun I was having out of that match.
    Something that helped me a bit is just typing "lol" after everything that gets said (if negative). They either work themselves into a frenzy (hilarious) or they stuff it.
    Either way, win/win.
    Yes you do. You have control. Well you could... but you choose not to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't agree, bad idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes you do. You have control. Well you could... but you choose not to.
    That's not how that works, but good try!

That's not how that works, but good try!
    Thats 100% how it works. Its your choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I don't play games that mostly children play is how I avoid most of it.
    and he watches anime religiously like a typical weeb

To OP: just mute. You can't avoid toxicity in games.

OP please grow some balls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Abuse means a lot of things?

Grow up? what about 13 year olds playing this game?
    Abuse doesn't mean a lot of things.

Yes, grow up. 13 years old (in this context) are more grown up than people you are defending here. Go to a local school and listen to 13 years olds and how they call each other
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.