Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    one of hanzo's abilitys is basically widowmakers ultimate for a short period of time
    No, no it isn't.

You may as well say Soldier 76's gun is basically Bastions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think her ultimate is pretty OP and that's about it.

Deleted
    And as others have said, everyone knows where widow is when she fires because there is a red line showing where the bullet traveled. The only thing they should nerf about Widow is make her ult disappear if she is killed while its up.

Quote Originally Posted by Futa Widowmaker View Post
    And as others have said, everyone knows where widow is when she fires because there is a red line showing where the bullet traveled. The only thing they should nerf about Widow is make her ult disappear if she is killed while its up.
    Yeah some consistency on that front would be nice. If you kill a hero during an ability that ability should be cancelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace192 View Post
    So after the Bastion whine train and now the ongoing Mcree QQ I think some people have also mentioned Widow but shes not as discussed as the rest. I don't believe she is OP per se but I do believe she is a little overtuned. I know a lot of people are going to flame but just hear me out.

So she is supposed to be a long ranged sniper. She is supposed to one shot most squishies in one hit and that's fine, that's her niche. However I do believe she is overtuned because she has no drawbacks outside of the obvious "get in her face" which is a given but all heroes have a 'counter' like that. Her body shots pretty much one shot anything that isn't a tank even if they're not charged to 100%. The only drawback to her primary mode of fire is that it gives her position away but again that is a given. This is a counter to her niche she fills not to her itself.

She has no drawback to missing all of her shots and only hitting her last one. She can fire them off so fast and they don't need to charge to even get a kill. They will kill squishies in one hit and if they don't they will leave them almost dead. She isn't punished for having bad aim. She can fire these off way too quickly and the core mechanic of them, the charge, can almost be ignored since things drop like flies if they leave cover. Maybe I'm just a lowly noob that just needs to git gud but I am wondering what the rest of the player base thinks because I don't think I'm the only one. Anyone have any ideas as to how they could fix her as well?
    I'll tell you her drawback, her grapple is on a longass cooldown so heroes like D.Va can charge her position and mericlessly destroy her and there's nothing she can do about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Yeah some consistency on that front would be nice. If you kill a hero during an ability that ability should be cancelled.
    I dunno, Hanzo's continues. And Tracer's bomb, and Mei's freeze bot. Anything that doesn't require the hero's presence does I think? Like, ones that aren't actively generated by the hero.

- - - Updated - - -

one of hanzo's abilitys is basically widowmakers ultimate for a short period of time
    In a very small area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'll tell you her drawback, her grapple is on a longass cooldown so heroes like D.Va can charge her position and mericlessly destroy her and there's nothing she can do about it.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno, Hanzo's continues. And Tracer's bomb, and Mei's freeze bot. Anything that doesn't require the hero's presence does I think? Like, ones that aren't actively generated by the hero.

- - - Updated - - -

In a very small area.
    Exactly. Her grapple holk has the longrst cooldown in the game at 12 seconds. D.va has a 6 second cool down on her boost. But never mind all that, nobody uses widow, d.va, genji or winston so widow is broken af.

Deleted
    Exactly. Her grapple holk has the longrst cooldown in the game at 12 seconds. D.va has a 6 second cool down on her boost.
    Same for Winston, 6 seconds. You can be up Widow's ass the entire time; you can easily kill her and then go back to helping your team until she sets up again. People are just dummies and would rather play the same hero all game long, then complain that they're dying to the same hero all game long.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except it lasts much shorter, affects much smaller area and has to be manually targetted. No "I just respawned but I can still grant perfect vision to everyone".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I think her ultimate is pretty OP and that's about it.
    I wouldn't say that her ultimate is OP necessarily but I do think the enemy should get an indicator that they have vision on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace192 View Post
    Her body shots pretty much one shot anything that isn't a tank even if they're not charged to 100%. The only drawback to her primary mode of fire is that it gives her position away but again that is a given. This is a counter to her niche she fills not to her itself.

She has no drawback to missing all of her shots and only hitting her last one. She can fire them off so fast and they don't need to charge to even get a kill. They will kill squishies in one hit and if they don't they will leave them almost dead. She isn't punished for having bad aim.She can fire these off way too quickly and the core mechanic of them, the charge, can almost be ignored since things drop like flies if they leave cover.
    Almost all this is complete bullshit
    It takes about 2 seconds to fully charge in which Widow does 150 body shot 300 headshot. 150 will only oneshot Tracer/Zenyatta IIRC.
    Widowmaker is probably the ONLY hero to be HEAVILY punished by having poor aim. She is, arguably, the highest impact hero in the game and all that RELIES on her having impeccable aim. If you don't charge her shots they do piddly shit for damage even if you headshot, and lastly only being have to have the full impact of your shot every 1-3 seconds is not "so fast" most character do solid damage in under a second flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I honestly thought the people I was playing were that good and i was kinda tipping my hat at first, but after going like 2 and 10 against wm where i have been one shot every time i lost, i knew something was up.... All i got to say is that you're a tool if you think one shot body shots are ok.
    Widowmaker only one shot 2 heroes out of 21 with fully charged body shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    No one is "Pro" at a game that's been out for like 3 days
    It's been in beta for quite a while and they didnt do any big changes (if any at all) at launch.
    Theres already a pro scene, albeit small.
    Last edited by Dominus89; 2016-05-31 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    No one is "Pro" at a game that's been out for like 3 days
    There has been tournaments going on for 6 months+ during closed beta. Yes there are pros. Look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Are you fucking nuts? And go back to your sorry base every time winds blows in your general direction? Shields are the only reason Zenyatta even playable with his 150 HP, because they regenerate
    He should just passively heal himself constantly tbh. Even if he had a permanent orb on himself he would still not be overtuned. At least make the orb heal himself though if it is not on anyone.

After much play I feel that widowmaker seems op because no one on the other time tries to deal with her, just let's her keep sniping.

Again, this comes down to the problem of people not character switching to counter their opponents. Playing mccree all day isn't gonna help if the enemy sniper is destroying your team. Should switch to genji and flank the widowmaker.

See, people don't realize just how powerful character switching is. It keeps the enemy team on their toes and guessing on what to expect next. Otherwise, the widowmaker can sit perched up top somewhere forever and rain down bullets on to your team without fear of counter sniping or genji/tracer flank.

^ This. The thread could have been closed with this comment. People seem to think Widowmaker is a Call of Duty sniper that you can do a 720 no scope with and trickshot off the edge of the map with and still get kills. Making us have to charge the shot is the best thing Blizzard has done with Widow in regards to sniping. How people can still cry foul I will never understand.
    This indeed.

Sorry to say, but OP's message is almost fully garbage. I think a Widowmaker recently owned him bad and that got him pretty frustrated. It almost feels like you never played the hero yourself.

You say "She can fire them off so fast and they don't need to charge to even get a kill." This is such BS; she indeed can fire fast, but my friend, have you seen the damage of a not-charged shot? It's like throwing a fingernail at someone, it literally does nothing. Besided this, spamming in scope mode is THE way to blow your cover. Whenever I did this (or saw a player doing it) I pulled so much attention that the whole enemy team tunnel visioned on me.

"Her body shots pretty much one shot anything that isn't a tank even if they're not charged to 100%." Again BS. You are just spitting out garbage again. Why you are doing this, it really is nonsense mate. And this isn't my opinion, this is a fact. You aren't objective and again, you're just shouting things. She only can one shot a FEW heroes WHEN fully charged, by far not everyone. Tanks are like bullet sponges, you really need to spam fully charged shots in them before they die (like 5 average I think).

"She isn't punished for having bad aim." What do you mean with this? Have you tried to hit a Genji or a Tracer with Widowmaker? It's like trying to hit a fly with a BB gun. Of course that last example is a little overdone, but it really isn't that easy. Most of the few other heroes are behind the tank their shields like 80% of the time, you think our bullets ignore those shields? Nah.

Other people already clearly told you how many heroes can counter it. Hanzo is a competitive hero for a Widowmaker, Reaper is (invulnerable), all tanks (especially Winston), McGee, Tracer and Genji like I already stated. I probaly forgot some. Her fully automatic mode is pretty retarded btw, in my opinion you can't win from any hero with this in close combat (it's like tickling).

The next time you decide to make a topic - please, really: please - try to know what you are talking about and don't just throw your frustrated thoughts to us as the facts. First place yourself in the footsteps of someone else (in this case the hero) before judging. It really is more honest and the right thing to do.

Good luck and love.

dont forget u are playing random skirmishes. why arent your flankers rooting out widowmakers and hanzos? up close those 2 are a joke to a good mcree or tracer. if u get caught wandering left or right or up and down randomly u deserve to be shot

The only problem Widowmaker has is the same one Genji Has:

New players picking them solely because they have to be the uber leet sniper or cyborg ninja without understanding basic role essentials and when to switch off. Hell I've even seen people who are level 50+ pick widowmaker and have absolutely no bearing on a teams win or loss (They contributed so little)

PSA: don't main high skill cap characters all the time simply because you like the kit, ffs know when to switch.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

If the player can't play WM properly she use useless. This is most common case.

If the player can play WM properly she is a monster. Ridiculously OP. They can handle their weaknesses with their teams. Their shots, while may not kill immediately makes most heroes sitting targets. Any stray damage will kill them. Possibly even WM quickly shooting again quickly barely charged shot often finishes off you. Not to mention they can basically hit with almsot every shot. With the ultimate, as soon as you come around corner you die immediately to a headshot. Over a team fight, these WMs one by one remove opponents or reduce them to so low hp that they can't fight anymore. Winstons and such are countered by rest of the team while WM can just back off or even fight since the gun is actually rather good.

Bastions don't bother me. I can tolerate McCree. Yet, when there is a good widowmaker, it is such a rage inducing game since you cant do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Widowmaker only one shot 2 heroes out of 21 with fully charged body shots.
    this is a popular defense of widowmaker but when it only takes 2 seconds to fully charge a shot (or in hanzo's case, a little over 1 second), you dont really have an argument to stand on

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    dont forget u are playing random skirmishes. why arent your flankers rooting out widowmakers and hanzos? up close those 2 are a joke to a good mcree or tracer. if u get caught wandering left or right or up and down randomly u deserve to be shot
    yeah

you should get shot. not killed. unless it was a head shot.

it seriously sucks all the fun out of the game to have to directly counterplay some bitch playing WM/Hanzo because no one else will take them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    this is a popular defense of widowmaker but when it only takes 2 seconds to fully charge a shot (or in hanzo's case, a little over 1 second), you dont really have an argument to stand on

yeah

you should get shot. not killed. unless it was a head shot.

it seriously sucks all the fun out of the game to have to directly counterplay some bitch playing WM/Hanzo because no one else will take them.
    Found the tracer player I guess.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla