Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    i hate how they show Grom in a few shots, most of the times looking like a pushover, while he wasn't even supposed to have stepped through the portal during the first war.

other than that, i liked most of the changes they made. however, i would have liked the fight with blackhand to not having him being one-shotted. all throughout the movie, he looks like a weakling.

great movie overall though, 7/10
    I like seeing Grom and all the other warlord, they looked cool and especially grom was focused and maybe if the movie got sequel he will get bigger role
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    i hate how they show Grom in a few shots, most of the times looking like a pushover, while he wasn't even supposed to have stepped through the portal during the first war.

other than that, i liked most of the changes they made. however, i would have liked the fight with blackhand to not having him being one-shotted. all throughout the movie, he looks like a weakling.

great movie overall though, 7/10
    We have to keep in mind this is an alternate timeline/universe. This is based on the game lore in a general sense, but they're not following the old script and are branching off.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    SPOILERS!

Alright, the movie was good and enjoyable. However, there are a few problems I have with the movie:

• Gul'dan should have been secretly manipulating the Horde, not being the undisputed leader. (But I understand why they did it and I am ok with it.)
    • Ner'zhul should have been mentioned.
    • Blackhand should have died to Doomhammer; the fight with Lothar was just stupid.
    • Garona should have been forced by Gul'dan to betrayed Llane rather than "betray".
    • Medivh should have cursed Khadgar with his dying breath. (I guess his dive in the pool could be the "curse" but idk)
    • The fall of Stormwind should have happened in this movie in order to go directly to the arrival of Stormwind ships to Southshore; it will be weird now. (This required +0.5-1 hour)
    • Lothar's second-in-command should have been Gavinrad the Dire. (I had assumed it was the unnamed footman commander but he was captured by the Horde in the final battle.)
    • "For the Alliance" should have never been uttered.
    • The council with representatives from elves/dwarves should not have been there.
    • During the final battle, humans should have fought as a cohesive unite rather than charging orc style.
    • For non-lore fans or non-wow fans, it was hard to remember names and everything. Other than Medivh, Garona, Gul'dan, Durotan and Khadgar, I doubt people remember other names.

But I am happy with the movie and really hope that we get to see Turalyon, Alleria, and the rest of the Sons of Lothar in the big screen.
    Last edited by Littlepwny; 2016-05-31 at 10:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    -But there is a side story.. I love how they introduced both Thrall and the Burning Legion.
    -You don't really have to explain things to a non-fan. I went with a friend and she had no problem understanding the film.
    The additional information I gave her just added to it, that information wasn't mandatory.
    -A trilogy? The way they gave little hints makes me believe that the next film cuts forward to Thrall being a gladiator.

My personal guess is that they'll do this:
    1. Orcs invading Azeroth, the film we've seen by now.
    2. Thrall going to Kalimdor, introducing Night Elves and fighting Archimonde.
    3. Arthas and his fight against the Scourge.

The problem with WC3 is that is has three stories, about Thrall and the Horde, the Night Elves and the world tree and the last about Arthas.
    Only two of them can be added in one film because they eventually come together.
    But this requires them to make the film at least 2.5 hours.
    cut off the 2nd war, Tide of Darkness, Beyond the dark portal, day of the dragon is Huge Gap in the lore
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    What gap?
    They don't have to show every piece of lore, they should just show some of the most interesting ones.
    Not all books and stories can or should be turned into a film.

We should ask ourselves if these things are part of the lore that cannot be missed.
    Let's take LOTR as an example, it skips a gigantic amount of lore.. Not just from the book itself but also a lot on the history of the world.

The entire sacking of Lordaeron by the Orcs could be ignored and it wouldn't hurt the film.
    But forcing that into a film might hurt it a lot.
    I wouldn't complain about day of the dragon or blood and Honor, but not mention Ner'zul at any point is unfair, and Beyond the Dark portal is Huge Event in the Lore, can't be missed, epically if they would like to make an LK movie

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    What gap?
    They don't have to show every piece of lore, they should just show some of the most interesting ones.
    Not all books and stories can or should be turned into a film.

We should ask ourselves if these things are part of the lore that cannot be missed.
    Let's take LOTR as an example, it skips a gigantic amount of lore.. Not just from the book itself but also a lot on the history of the world.

The entire sacking of Lordaeron by the Orcs could be ignored and it wouldn't hurt the film.
    But forcing that into a film might hurt it a lot.
    This trilogy will not deal with Arthas and probably nothing regarding WC3. Jumping around to reach the "cool stuff" is an atrocious idea and would only hurt the franchise. It devalues the whole point of starting to tell the story from WC1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    This trilogy will not deal with Arthas and probably nothing regarding WC3. Jumping around to reach the "cool stuff" is an atrocious idea and would only hurt the franchise. It devalues the whole point of starting to tell the story from WC1.
    thank you good troll