Thread: Mafia #70: D&D

Page 35 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    *Looks at the vote count on both my records and the official one a few posts after yours*

I think you're a little off with your count, unless you were referring to modified majority....in which case you were still a little off with your count as 8 votes was enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, I'm going for a walk. If I'm back before deadline, it will be pretty much right before it. Just so that modified majority isn't lost if somebody who hasn't voted thus far decides to throw their vote out, I'll toss my vote on Blood and put him at L-2.

unvote vote: Blood Fox
    I now know what happened, I had thought it was 9 rather than 11 needed to lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    @Dendrek, noted. I can't deny that it is a possibility, but I honestly think it's rather unlikely.
    As for why I am not pushing on Graeham today, I've already kind of explained this in my opening post. After what happened yesterday (him and Jynx being the trains) I do not believe he should be an option today. It made me realise that perhaps my read on him was wrong, so I needed to revaluate him. I do however still find him suspicious yes.
    It should also be obivous that a train on him today would probably never have happened, so I'd rather pursue other leads today.

That's a weird statement. You claim that we know town roles have "scummy" abilities, so we can't read too much into that, yet in the very same post you call me out for having a 'suspicious' ability (visiting a corpse). I'd also like you to keep in mind that I was the one defending listo for having "scummy abilities", so there might be a reason for that.

I also haven't ignored a single question, so that's pretty much a lie. Catta never asked me a question, he did however call me out for visiting Jynx. I confirmed that I did indeed visit him but nothing more. It was fairly obvious Catta wanted me to claim, but that wasn't going to happen. No one seemed to be bothered with me visiting Jynx (except for a couple of players like Catta), so it would be fairly interesting if the majority suddenly found it scummy now (as in it could be an excuse for deflection, but well it never happened).

I honestly think you mentioning it now is quite odd. Yes I do realise you commented on it earlier but you didn't really take a strong stance (as in calling it scummy), but now that I've put a vote on you, you decide to call it suspicious for visiting a corpse (even though you don't believe we can read into the abilities) and for dodging questions (which isn't true).
    @Robozerim, alright I see thanks.

I'd rather lynch Kurenai today, but will move my vote to BF if need be. Not too fond of some of the people on the wagon though. (Allowyn, Graeham, Kurenai, Kryllian, Largehorn and Valyrian).
    Being revealed doing it is curious. Dodging all the questions about it and acting like it's nothing we should be concerned about is, IMO, scummy. It's not that the action itself is -particular- scummy in the context of this game--as I said, we know that even town characters can have abilities which would look suspcious, at best, in a vacuum. But why not at least answer some of the questions about it? In other words, what are you trying to hide now that the ability's been revealed?

I'm not saying you should out and claim, but being questioned about something and blowing those questions off seems scummy to me.

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

Once again Kurenai, I haven't dodged a single question.

- - - Updated - - -

And I see no reason to reveal anything about my role right now. If the day wasn't progressing because people wanted to 'solve' this first, then I'd claimed or if I had gotten pressured, sure. In this case however I will not.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway rip Blood Fox.

Don't think I need to move my vote, but will do so if someone decides to unvote/put out a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Once again Kurenai, I haven't dodged a single question.

- - - Updated - - -

And I see no reason to reveal anything about my role right now. If the day wasn't progressing because people wanted to 'solve' this first, then I'd claimed or if I had gotten pressured, sure. In this case however I will not.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway rip Blood Fox.

Don't think I need to move my vote, but will do so if someone decides to unvote/put out a vote.
    Multiple people, including me, asked you to elaborate on the fact that you were found next to Jynx's corpse. You did not see fit to answer any of those questions--thusly, you are dodging.

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

No, Xanjori was calling me a necrophiliac while you asked me what I was doing with his body. I simply stated it wasn't what it looked like, thus confirming that I did indeed visit his corpse but not interested in claiming.

Were you dodging when you refused to claim day 1?

Meh what a weird ass day

Vote: Blood

got nothing else to really contribute it's my days off and I'm heading out to a movie in like 15min so meh

7+ Year Old Account
    Allright. Less than 15 min and he's no showed. May as well make this official

Vote Blood Fox

Day Three - Final Count
    • 11 - Blood Fox: Graeham (#620), Kurenai (#623), Celtic (#624), Allowyn (#629), Largehorn (#631), Valyrian (#636), Anakso (#645), Catta (#672), Robozerim (#676), Virothe (#686), Kryllian (#687)
    • 3 - Largehorn: Monkz (#586), Crackleslap (#588), Xanjori (#621)
    • 1 - Kurenai: Dupti (#646)
    • 1 - Kryllian: Senna (#661)

With 21 players alive, 11 votes were required for a majority.
    With 16 votes cast, 9 votes were required for deadline majority.

• Blood Fox, an Enchanter (Wizard), was put out of his misery while he slept.

Charming personality. One would think that he would have more friends.

Night Three began at 1830 CST / 2330 UTC, and will last for ~24 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Day time or riot !!

/bump

• A pseudodragon was spotted flitting around in the air near Robozerim.

• A gibbering orblet was observed chattering to itself as it hovered near Senna.

• You were awakened in the night by a blood-curdling scream, cutting through the mist before it was abruptly silenced. Hastily making your way to the edge of the amphitheater, you caught a glimpse of Arialla dealing Dupti a mortal blow.

You awake inside a seedy tavern, dilapidated and worn by the ages. A carpet of dust covers the floor and the furniture, much of which lies broken and discarded on the floor. One table in the center of the room still stands, barely, a vicious crack in the middle threatening to split the thing in two.

Seated there is a faintly-familiar cloaked figure, clearly dead, his shredded attire revealing the deep blade wounds beneath. The overkill is apparent; blood is spattered on and around the table, and it is fairly obvious that the blow that split the table was but one inflicted on the poor individual as well. Beneath the cocktail of blood and booze lay three items, destroyed beyond repair or use: a brass lantern; a frayed tabard; and what remains of a collection of documents.

• Dupti, a Thief (Rogue), has died.

Petty thievery. Some would say his fate was deserved.

Discarded in the corner is another body. Despite avoiding the previously-described butchery, this one is no less dead. This one has a strange pallor, though, as if the life was pulled out of him.

• Graeham, a ??, has died.

Day Four began at 1845 CST / 2345 UTC, and will last for ~48 hours.

(Danner broke the clock. He's fixing it... personally. )

With 18 players alive, 10 votes are required for majority.

Didn't give us anything on Graeham. RETI!!!

Vote Reti the Yeti

Did Dupti have strong views for or against anything/anyone in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    (Danner broke the clock. He's fixing it... personally. )
    Uh yeah, so, there was a power outage in Trondheim, Norway a few hours ago. Some drilling work at the university area hitting a major cable or something. Resulted in a transformation station going boom. 22500 homes left powerless, including most of the university area. Which is where the server hosting the clock is situated.

The server will be up come the morning, I expect. Sorry for the downtime.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

7+ Year Old Account
    so we have Arialla killing Dupti a confirmed Town. Sounds like a good place as any to start. Care to explain?

Vote Arialla

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. Pretty sus. But we all know arialla will claim some type of pgo ole that fits in the world. XD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    pgo ole
    Wanna translate that for a newb?

Vote: Largehorn

Cos yesterdays rush onto Blood was just a deflection from a scum.

@Xanjori you really would vote a claimed protection role this early?

The answer is pretty obvious isn't it?

Umm no. I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Hmm. Pretty sus. But we all know arialla will claim some type of pgo ole that fits in the world. XD
    Nice of you to provide Arialla with a fake claim, Crackle.

For now, I'd like to draw attention to the fact that Largehorn hasn't done anything useful this game. He was given a free pass simply for claiming. I'm not saying "lynch him" but he shouldn't feel like he can sit back and do nothing either.

Vote Largehorn

I think Arialla's inevitably going to get a lot of attention today. I'm ok with that. He does need to explain why he killed Dupti (Dupti wasn't my top town, but he was up there, so that choice of kill targets strikes me as very odd if Arialla isn't scum -- especially with so many lurkers still alive).

- - - Updated - - -

Graeham's death is interesting. I would think that's the kill signature of a wraith or lich (or similar), but I wouldn't have expected something like that in this game. Perhaps it was a necromancer who summoned a wraith or lich to do its kill?