Page 1 of 2
LastLast

World of Warcraft Server 3.3.5 on Steam Greenlight!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=694488420

It's amazing what Valve lets through to this service. Apparently, it's going to be patch 3.3.5 if it gets greenlit. We can finally get legacy servers!

So, on a serious note, how long will it be until a big company gets pissed off enough at Valve that they have to stop this shit? It's getting hilarious.
    Last edited by Truhan; 2016-05-31 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    So, on a serious note, how long will it be until a big company gets pissed off enough at Valve that they have to stop this shit? It's getting hilarious.
    I think this will finally do it when blizzard sues both the guy doing this and Valve for allowing it.

OMG so much of that server they are saying is not available .
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

This made my day. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=694488420

It's amazing what Valve let's through to this service. Apparently, it's going to be patch 3.3.5 if it gets greenlit. We can finally get legacy servers!

I highly doubt Valve actually has a person check greenlight games.

Blizzard will contact Valve and it will get taken down before to long.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I highly doubt Valve actually has a person check greenlight games.

Blizzard will contact Valve and it will get taken down before to long.
    They don't, really. Anyone can put up anything and it only gets pulled down if enough folks flag it for their system to kick it to people for a manual check, from what I know. The process has been a disaster since the start and sadly Valve have made little to no movement on communicating any plans they may have to improve the system.

So folks will flag it or someone from Blizz will send a note to Valve and it will disappear and nothing of value will be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They don't, really. Anyone can put up anything and it only gets pulled down if enough folks flag it for their system to kick it to people for a manual check, from what I know. The process has been a disaster since the start and sadly Valve have made little to no movement on communicating any plans they may have to improve the system.

So folks will flag it or someone from Blizz will send a note to Valve and it will disappear and nothing of value will be lost.
    Hey now, a lot of people were very sad when Nostalrius went down. This could have an equal backlash, I am sure. How could putting a private server on Steam possibly harm World of Warcraft subscriptions after all. (I hope people that read my post have their sarcasm detectors on.)
    Last edited by Truhan; 2016-05-31 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I really hope this go's though personally.

Because once Valve has allowed someone to sell a private server on there service that makes them liable. Then I hope someone like blizzard steps in and sues there brains out so finally Valve gets off there ass and fix's shit.

/PipeDream.

Edit: Etherway I think this is going to start a chain of shit Valve isn't going to like. Today its private servers and tomorrow its new released AAA titles (maybe even pirated ones).
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-05-31 at 11:12 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard will shut that down fast, and everyone involved knows it.

If anything, it's more of a statement against just how little Valve cares about greenlight.

Still waiting for WoW to go on sale on GOG.
    Would be fun to retro game with a few friends.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Omg... back when you could play blood dps D:
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I really hope this go's though personally.

Because once Valve has allowed someone to sell a private server on there service that makes them liable. Then I hope someone like blizzard steps in and sues there brains out so finally Valve gets off there ass and fix's shit.

/PipeDream.

Edit: Etherway I think this is going to start a chain of shit Valve isn't going to like. Today its private servers and tomorrow its new released AAA titles (maybe even pirated ones).
    Yea this looks more like a way to make fun of greenlight than anything else. Especially with how much stuff is not actually working.

Jesus Christ, Gabe. Get your shit together.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    If we get this greenlit we can irrifutably prove that greenlight is a deeply flawed system.
    We don't need more proof though. We've already got tons of examples of how woefully inadequate and inherently flawed Greenlight is in its current form. Valve has publicly stated that they pretty much agree, too.

The issue is that they've not done anything to address it, despite the system being broken being common knowledge for a quite a while.

I'll tell you a joke: "Valve curates Greenlight". Damn, i'm so funny.

Now we will see a lot of votes to see that private server on Steam but that project will be without a doubt shut down and probably Blizzard will smite that server because they got the spotlight with this stunt.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Deleted
    Guessing it's a stunt to promote the server, knowing full well it will be taken off steam! And lets be honest it worked....The Russians won't give a toss what Blizzard think or do.

Makes me wonder if this is a troll attempt just to try and get valves greenlight system in trouble. Private servers in varying level of working condition have been around before.

This is less a video about this imbecile attempting to pass off a private server on Valve's greenlight as it is an open criticism of the sheer audacity of people trying to get games through the service. And I agree with him, this is pretty fucking stupid.

INB4 someone puts HL3 on greenlight

The complete and utter lack of any kind of effort on Valve's part is astonishing. They make millions as we speak but are incapable of any kind of moderation or curating for their service. Not even the service itself improves at all with time. Every time I try to search the game categories you have to sift through hundreds of games that you don't want because you can't even exclude search results based on criteria..